Admirals Hockey

Admirals Hockey

Anon
Anon

July 17th, 2012, 4:47 pm #1

Had to start a new topic and expand on the "choices" thread. People need to be warned.

x
x

July 17th, 2012, 5:31 pm #2

I beg you all to not waist a choice at that club!

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 18th, 2012, 2:33 pm #3

The Admirals are so insignificant, I almost feel sorry for them. The one thing that is interesting is that they are now charging more than the Bruins who are just down the street. Not sure that is a good idea.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 18th, 2012, 4:10 pm #4

I'm certainly not a fan of the Admirals, but how do you figure they are charging more than the Bruins? Not sure that is factual...

July 18th, 2012, 4:10 pm #5

The Admirals are so insignificant, I almost feel sorry for them. The one thing that is interesting is that they are now charging more than the Bruins who are just down the street. Not sure that is a good idea.
Anyone hear Schoner, the Admirals President, stepped down?

July 18th, 2012, 4:14 pm #6

I'm certainly not a fan of the Admirals, but how do you figure they are charging more than the Bruins? Not sure that is factual...
From the 2 websites posted NIHL fees, it seems the Admirals are LESS.

anon
anon

July 18th, 2012, 5:55 pm #7

The fees comparison depends on how you look at it.

Admirals PW NIHL = 3,295 + 300 raffle tickets (required) = 3,595.00

Bruins PW NIHL = 3,500 which includes 200 raffle tickets = 3,500.00

If you sell your raffle tickets (which is next to impossible) Admirals are $5 cheaper.

Bruins also require a 200 deposit for required 15 hrs of volunteer work which is easy to achieve durring the year.

In either case the value for your money is well worth the extra $5.

Schrute
Schrute

July 18th, 2012, 6:14 pm #8

The Bruins are a far better option and as the prices are comparable, I have no idea why anyone would choose Admirals over Bruins.

Anon
Anon

July 18th, 2012, 6:42 pm #9

I haven't heard anything about Schoner leaving, but I heard Mickey was stepping down.

Also for the the same money (or even if it was a little cheaper), why would you want your child to play here. There aren't enough kids to fill teams and they end up with AA level kids, A level kids, and NWHL kids all on the same team. As you can imagine, this can cause many issues with the kids developing quality hockey skills. For example the AA level kids end up trying to go end to end and never pass, the others don't develop as they don't get a chance to get involved.

Overall, I think this speaks about how watered down hockey has become with too many small clubs.

July 18th, 2012, 6:50 pm #10

Completely agree. Maybe that's why the ADM is taking over at the Mite level. Why not merge a few of these smaller clubs? Bruins and Admirals are so close to each other. Not sure what happened but it seemed to have been a mass exodus a few years back. The Admirals landed MAtt Noga as the Director of Hockey Development but he can't coach all 10 or so NIHL teams