AAA Midget vs. Prep School

AAA Midget vs. Prep School

wondering
wondering

December 18th, 2010, 6:51 pm #1

I keep hearing about players leavingto play Prep. What is the comparison?
Thoughts?

preppiedad
preppiedad

December 19th, 2010, 5:53 pm #2

One needs to make best decision for kid and family. One local top player now playing prep to get grades in order to play college. One local player attending prep may have no college interested. Typical East coast prep season ONLY 25 games. And player has to play both fall and spring sports. Ask the player who blew out knee playing fall sport and missed his hockey season. IF AND ONLY IF your kid can handle the peer pressure of older junior teammates and IF AND ONLY IF your kid can keep his grades up, a strong junior team with solid coaching and some type of academic supervision is the way to go. Maybe one or two players from Chicago AAA teams will go directly to college as true freshman without the junior route.

wondering
wondering

December 20th, 2010, 3:32 am #3

Thanks for the feedback.
I know most college / universities prefer players with at least a year of JR. What is the exposure you receive from JR scouts at the prep level vs. AAA?

From an Academics view, it is a no brainer.

Are the boys playing prep mainly going to D3 Eastern Schools? ( great hockey in my opinion )

guest24
guest24

March 9th, 2011, 2:07 am #4

No absolutely not, East Coast D-I schools love prep kids, I personally think a little too much.
But you could always go with a midwest prep school, you have Shattuck & Culver both great options