AAA Midget minor tryout dates?

AAA Midget minor tryout dates?

Corn Husker
Corn Husker

April 2nd, 2012, 11:18 pm #1

Thinking about bringing my boy to Illinois for midget minor AAA tryouts...when are they?

IL Fan
IL Fan

April 3rd, 2012, 1:14 am #2

Tryout times should be announced some time this week. They will be in late July. Do NOT just show up at tryouts and think that your son will be able to make a team. The coaches spend months building their team. Contact the coach(es) of the team(s) that you are interested in. Come into Chicago for a couple of days and attend their spring/summer skates so that the coach can see your son. Good luck.

Husker
Husker

April 3rd, 2012, 9:15 pm #3

My son gets off school 5/28. He and I will head to Chicago that day and spend a week reconnoitering with the organizations and the coaches. After that I gotta head back but E-man will stay with friends in Chicago until Aug.
Do you think that will give the coaches enough time to get a look and make a preliminary judgment? What's that like 6 weeks or about before tryouts? That should be good don't you think?

Fan
Fan

April 4th, 2012, 2:13 am #4

Where did your son play last season?That should give idea to coach about his level of hockey.bender or skilled-nothing in-between!

Anon
Anon

April 4th, 2012, 4:44 am #5

& bring some of your friends from MN with ya. We could use some new talented kids @ Mm AAA in IL hockey...especially 97's.
I know of a few comming in from IA, MO, IN and WI so your boy will not be the only out of state'er trying to find a spot. Good luck and have fun in Chicago this summer.

Husker
Husker

April 4th, 2012, 6:03 pm #6

We actually got the idea from some MN friends who were planning on doing the same. Thanks for the good thoughts and we'll see you this summer. Should be fun and we're looking forward to it.

--
--

April 4th, 2012, 10:17 pm #7

Get in line..a lot excellent talent coming to play this world game. I am happy for chi-town in attracting the talent. Detroit did a excellent job as well.

Anon
Anon

April 4th, 2012, 10:57 pm #8

I hear some of the imports from the National Champs WBSK may be making a swing through Chi town in early summer as well. Hope the giant from Buffalo heads this way too...
Seems the call for talent went out after the 97 Mission flop...as it should have.
CC's been pretty quiet...suspect he may be circling the wagon after getting the bubble talk.
No matter what happens this summer it's gonna be fun skating. My boy has played 2 seasons of Mm AAA and is still not a lock with all of this talent coming into town. The kid is nervous and busting his ass in the gym every day. It's great to see him sweat a spot again...keeps him out of trouble as well...Good luck to all.

Fan
Fan

April 4th, 2012, 11:11 pm #9

Your boy played 2 seasons at Mm !?,he must not be the elite talent afterall.FYI, best players after playing one season at Mm will move on USHL, NTDP,or MM .Not the case with your offspring.

--
--

April 5th, 2012, 12:07 am #10

Herb Brooks, once said: "When you get there, there's no there there". This applies not only to location in space, but also to time: when you get to the future, you find yourself in the present moment. So the future never comes. Don't let the thought of future (or past) obscure whats in front you in the present moment. Fan your running your mouth again I would stop.