AAA cost?

AAA cost?

Figuring it out
Figuring it out

May 9th, 2012, 2:33 am #1

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some ball park numbers. I'm trying to make a semi-informed decision about my player going AAA or not and cost is a factor. In addition to club fees what else am I looking at and ballpark how much?

Uniform package fees?
Tournament Fees?
Hotel Fees?
Other travel Fees?

Anything I'm not thinking of or just a ballpark number for what I'd be spending for a season at AAA?

Thank you for the help.

May 9th, 2012, 3:23 am #2

I think this topic has been covered atleast a million times, but I'll bite. $12K minimum after all said and done.

thank you...
thank you...

May 9th, 2012, 1:18 pm #3

new-ish on the website and went through a bunch of pages without seeing "cost" in the titles of any posts. appreciate your feedback.

If you are really new-ish...
If you are really new-ish...

May 9th, 2012, 2:31 pm #4

Don't come to N54 looking for answers. Looking for answers here is like looking for gold in a portable sh*tter.

Midgets
Midgets

May 9th, 2012, 3:47 pm #5

A good Midget program will cost you aroung $17,000

Fee's $8000
gas $2000 ( includes practice )
food $2000
hotels$2000
1 flight $600
equip,
raffles
slush fund $1400
wear on car $1000
--------------------------
$$17,000

Abe Lincoln
Abe Lincoln

May 9th, 2012, 6:29 pm #6

Those totals are Illinois totals. Much cheaper fees in the 49 others. Honestly

Limo
Limo

May 10th, 2012, 2:27 am #7

don't forget your time. unless you live next door to the rink, you'll be one of the many who logs hours and hours of time getting to and from practices, off ice sessions, team meetings, games, showcases, tournaments, etc. and then you gotta sit on your butt and twiddle your thumbs because all the AAA clubs in illinois are located in the boonies. i hope you have a private driver or at least a cooperative wife.

been there
been there

May 10th, 2012, 3:10 am #8

I have three kids that paly (played). AAA was right for one and not for the other two since we do not have large amounts of money relatively speaking to spend on this sport even though AA is a shit load too. Since you are asking, I assume money is an issue for you.

If your kid has the ability to shine at this level, do it - certainly not before bm. Any $ spent at squirt or pw is wasted because if he fails to shine, you will be stuck in the fourth line role for many more years of big $. It is hard to go back if he is not cut from a team and they keep taking him to fill out a roster.

Mine that played AAA was recruited pretty hard so it was clear he had the ability. Today he is USHL and committed to D1. Teams wanted him and offered cost deferment. If he got there and sucked it would be VERY HARD to bail. So, don't ask the cost for one season but do the math for as many years as he has through mm or MM.

Goober
Goober

May 10th, 2012, 9:14 am #9

May 16th, 2012, 1:44 pm #10

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some ball park numbers. I'm trying to make a semi-informed decision about my player going AAA or not and cost is a factor. In addition to club fees what else am I looking at and ballpark how much?

Uniform package fees?
Tournament Fees?
Hotel Fees?
Other travel Fees?

Anything I'm not thinking of or just a ballpark number for what I'd be spending for a season at AAA?

Thank you for the help.

I'm hearing that Squirt Major fees vary depending upon the club. I heard this past weekend that TI may be near 7k.