2012-13 Varsity Predictions

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 29th, 2012, 3:48 pm #11

MN website says HP is only losing defenseman (kalter) and goalie as far as key players go

anon
anon

March 29th, 2012, 3:52 pm #12

gbn returns a goalie, 5 out of 6 forwards from top 2 lines and 4/6 dmen should be pretty damn good

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 29th, 2012, 7:11 pm #13

1. Sandburg- Saulters returns carried the team this year and they're only losing one senior, also adding a couple new AA players. prediction- lose at the UC
2. LAG- Great this year not losing much predicition- state champs
3. GBN- Same as LAG surprised they didnt go farther but i think they'll have the experience. prediction- final 4
4. Benet- great program this year. lost Coyne but they work very hard and wont lose muhc. great jv team and i hear a lot of good freshmen coming in.prediction- elite 8
5. Providence- barely lose any still have best forwards and dmen. goaltending is always a problem. great jv team prediction- final 4
6. Rita- if Bubba (burchette) stays he can carry the team but theres talk hes going to the NA ao we'll see- prediction elite 8
7. Fenwick- only thing they lost were a few skilled seniors who were always suspended or in the box. strong jv team and i hear they have a few aa and aaa kids from the school playing next year. prediction sweet sixteen
8. Hinsdale Central (if aa and aaa players play again)- as i said only if their aa and aaa kids play again if not they will suck and get eliminated right away like they did this year. prediction- sweet sixteen
9. Viator- lost linzing but think about it he took a lot of penalties and was suspended a lot and they still won a ton of games with out him. not to mention they'll still have decker and a lot of skilled forwards. prediction- sweet sixteen
10.NTG- theyre done lost 14 seniors i believe and NTB sucks. but its NTG they always find a way.prediction- elite 8

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 29th, 2012, 7:37 pm #14

GBN JV WON 65 GAMES THIS YEAR THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM MOVING UP YOU THINK?
Loaded with good JV players that are juniors. They won't be top varsity players.

anon
anon

March 31st, 2012, 4:55 am #15

GBS may see the return of several club players. If that happens, they will compete.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 1:22 pm #16

1. Sandburg- Saulters returns carried the team this year and they're only losing one senior, also adding a couple new AA players. prediction- lose at the UC
2. LAG- Great this year not losing much predicition- state champs
3. GBN- Same as LAG surprised they didnt go farther but i think they'll have the experience. prediction- final 4
4. Benet- great program this year. lost Coyne but they work very hard and wont lose muhc. great jv team and i hear a lot of good freshmen coming in.prediction- elite 8
5. Providence- barely lose any still have best forwards and dmen. goaltending is always a problem. great jv team prediction- final 4
6. Rita- if Bubba (burchette) stays he can carry the team but theres talk hes going to the NA ao we'll see- prediction elite 8
7. Fenwick- only thing they lost were a few skilled seniors who were always suspended or in the box. strong jv team and i hear they have a few aa and aaa kids from the school playing next year. prediction sweet sixteen
8. Hinsdale Central (if aa and aaa players play again)- as i said only if their aa and aaa kids play again if not they will suck and get eliminated right away like they did this year. prediction- sweet sixteen
9. Viator- lost linzing but think about it he took a lot of penalties and was suspended a lot and they still won a ton of games with out him. not to mention they'll still have decker and a lot of skilled forwards. prediction- sweet sixteen
10.NTG- theyre done lost 14 seniors i believe and NTB sucks. but its NTG they always find a way.prediction- elite 8
When is the last time NTG didn't make the final 4? I can't remember. Every year they graduate a ton of seniors but every year they still are ranking top 3 in state. Green takes more seniors than every other school because they have better programs to develop younger kids. They don't just have varsity and jv, and so the players on blue and even white are playing teams like Rita, Rockford, GBN, Stevenson, Providence, St Viator to name a few. This makes moving up to green no shock for these sophomores and juniors, and the best coach in Illinois only makes it easier. On a completely different note, there are about 6-7 CYA freshman and sophomores who may play for NT next year. They will be top 2 or 3. Period.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 3:02 pm #17

In most years I would agree with you but last years NTB Team was Brutal. Explain to me how "bad" players become "good" 6 months later by putting on a Green Jersey? It doesn't work like that. When Blue is "good" then Green is good the following year. Blue was bad and now Green will be bad.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 3:14 pm #18

it doesnt really matter whether ntb is all that great as a team. you take the returning green players, add the best blue and white players and a couple new kids and there you go. and blue was a top 4-5 in metro north this year. how were they so bad? the guy that mentioned that there might be as many as 6-7 kids coming from cya is correct. plus white was load with about 15 freshman so i expect grren to be dominate again as early as next year.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 4:20 pm #19

NTB was not 4 or 5. They finished in 6th place. The worst finish ever by a NTB team. Fact.
NTB's top scorer finished 29th overall and NTB's 2nd leading scorer finished 41st in scoring. All this information is on Metro North website. So no, taking NTB's "top" players does not equal greatness on Green for next year. Green also will have average goaltending at best.
Green will be a top 8 team next year. There are just too many teams who return all or most of their players that either beat or gave this years Green team a heck of a game. Unless Melton can work his magic it will be a tough year on the North Shore. Oh, and those AAA Freshman / Sophomores? They are 5'8 and weigh 130lbs. They won't help Green next year maybe in 2 years and if they were legitamete AAA they wouldn't be coming back to NT.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 31st, 2012, 5:59 pm #20

someone here had sandburg number one going into next season because of a certain player and that they had just about everyone back. i watched green play sandburg at the end of the year and the kid that was so great did nothing and green won 6-0 or smething close to that. people just don't get it. green combines three varsity teamd every year into one team. from all the parts they put together a pretty competitive team that is ranked number one most every year. same with gold. they combine two teams. they are always good.

green won't have a goalie problem for the next three years. the freshman on white came up and shut out fenwick this year. there's your starter.

and all the cya kids are 5 8 and 150 pounds? lol ok pal.

I hope all the other hs teams are loaded next year. the more competition the better.