Your Opinion: pick another date for RI Open Access

Your Opinion: pick another date for RI Open Access

John M.
John M.

January 12th, 2004, 11:05 pm #1

Hey Folks. We need some opinions. If we had another Open Access Date for Rhode Island, what date (time of year) would you like to see?

The five standard Open Dates are the Saturdays of Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.

What other weekend would be good? I doubt we can plan a mid-week Open Date unless our volunteer hosts agreed to take off a day of work, but would a weekday be desired?

Let Dave know via responses to this post or me.

- John M.

Mohamed Ellozy
Mohamed Ellozy

January 12th, 2004, 11:13 pm #2

For anyone interested in doing highpoints in winter there is currently only one date, the Presidents Weekend. A second winter date would be nice, and the MLK weekend seems the obvious choice.

The real question is: How many people are interested in highpoints in winter? In my case it is only the New England plus New York ones that I would like to do in winter.

Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith

January 13th, 2004, 1:38 pm #3

nuff said

Olivier Kozlowski
Olivier Kozlowski

January 13th, 2004, 2:01 pm #4

Hey Dan, how did your attempt on Humphreys (and Wheeler, I believe) go?

January 13th, 2004, 10:22 pm #5

Hey Folks. We need some opinions. If we had another Open Access Date for Rhode Island, what date (time of year) would you like to see?

The five standard Open Dates are the Saturdays of Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.

What other weekend would be good? I doubt we can plan a mid-week Open Date unless our volunteer hosts agreed to take off a day of work, but would a weekday be desired?

- John M.
Since a lot of people get a four-day weekend over Thanksgiving, how about either that Friday or Saturday? Would allow for longer drives to/from RI for folks within intermediate range of RI. (We're in MO, did Jerimoth on the July 4 weekend access date back in 2001. Not in driving range for us on any sort of weekend, but for those in the northeast...)

Mohamed Ellozy
Mohamed Ellozy

January 18th, 2004, 8:18 pm #6

- John M.
The response to the initial posting has been underwhelming , I am pushing the thread to the top in the hope that some others may have opinions.

Steve E
Steve E

January 19th, 2004, 5:58 am #7

- John M.
Sometime in August would be nice, as this is a good time to visit New England.

Ryan Bowles
Ryan Bowles

January 19th, 2004, 1:38 pm #8

- John M.
I recommend having the additional open access date not on a holiday weekend. One reason I haven't made it to RI yet is that I have trouble getting away on holiday weekends.

Mike of the Spooky Persuasion
Mike of the Spooky Persuasion

January 19th, 2004, 2:53 pm #9

I suggest trying a non-holiday weekend as an experiment.

Oakleigh Westfall
Oakleigh Westfall

January 19th, 2004, 6:09 pm #10

- John M.
Could there access to RI highpoint the same weekend as the Club Konvention in New Hampshire in 2005?