Mt. Rainer

Mt. Rainer

Jeremy
Jeremy

October 12th, 2000, 12:15 pm #1

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mt. Rainer, either personal or factual. I am writing a paper for one of my classes and i would also like to climb it one day. Any info would be a world of help. Thank you

Stuart
Stuart

October 12th, 2000, 1:12 pm #2

Check out rmiguides.com or the various links on this website under the summit guide.

Paul C.
Paul C.

October 12th, 2000, 3:18 pm #3

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mt. Rainer, either personal or factual. I am writing a paper for one of my classes and i would also like to climb it one day. Any info would be a world of help. Thank you
The official Mt Rainier National Park website is www.nps.gov/mora/home.htm. The best book about Mt Rainier is Measure of a Mountain by Bruce Barcott. It has accounts of the author's hike around the mountain, his climb of it, plus lots on the history and geology of the mountain. It also has a good bibliography if you want to go deeper into any topic.

Ken
Ken

October 12th, 2000, 11:03 pm #4

Hello everyone,
Get a copy of Dee Molenaar's book "The Challenge of Rainier." It well tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the climbing history of the mountain. There are also lots and lots of web pages out there containing Mt. Rainier trip reports. Just do a search for "Disappointment Cleaver" or "Emmons Glacier" and you'll get dozens of them.

The Teacher
The Teacher

October 19th, 2000, 4:15 am #5

Hello everyone,
.....don't forget to spell it "Rainier"...just remember that it's sometimes rainier on Rainier than other places

May 14th, 2010, 2:10 am #6

Get a copy of Dee Molenaar's book "The Challenge of Rainier." It well tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the climbing history of the mountain. There are also lots and lots of web pages out there containing Mt. Rainier trip reports. Just do a search for "Disappointment Cleaver" or "Emmons Glacier" and you'll get dozens of them.
http://americasroof.com/archives/1032