looking for fellow highpointers in az

looking for fellow highpointers in az

October 27th, 2005, 1:19 am #1

I have been living in az for two years , my brother ( hiking partner) still lives on the east coast he comes out once a year and we hit as many high points as allowed! I am seeking local high pointers that have room for one more in the party!!!

January 24th, 2006, 7:40 pm #2

Just saw your message. I am thinking of going to Phoenix in early March for an Alumni Rugby weekend at Thunderbird. I graduated from Thunderbird, the American Graduate School of International Management in Glendale, in 1993 and so know the area pretty well -- though have hiked only the little mountains close to Phoenix. But.. I would be interested possibly in joining you if you guys have some trip in mind around that time. I live in the Boston area, and am planning an expedition to Mt. Whitney this summer, probably in early July. I must tell you that I am almost 45, not in the great shape that I was as an accomplished skier, tennis player, and nationally-ranked squash player, etc. though I do mountain bike and snowshoe. I grew up in Vermont and New Hampshire, have done some pretty adventurous trips -- e.g. skied Matterhorn in the Summer, Tuckerman's Ravine in the Spring, winter snowshoe trip on the Long Trail in Vermont, etc. but I am not an experienced high altitude climber. I would enjoy the company, and hope that I could keep up.

johnlubin2006@hotmail.com
781-861-6675

September 18th, 2006, 12:52 am #3

I have been living in az for two years , my brother ( hiking partner) still lives on the east coast he comes out once a year and we hit as many high points as allowed! I am seeking local high pointers that have room for one more in the party!!!
We hope to hike Humphreys Monday, Sept 25. We want to get to the trailhead by 6am so we can get done at a decent hour. Hope there will be other highpointers hiking too.

November 6th, 2006, 6:02 am #4

Hi. I'm in Tucson, driving up to try Humphreys probably on 12/10. Give me a buzz if you're interested. Snow is a probability, so it might be more of a climb than a hike.

November 16th, 2006, 12:17 am #5

just drop me a line...i might be able to hike that with ya! I did it in nov. 2 years ago alot of snow and very strong wind gusts but made it!!!

December 9th, 2006, 5:38 pm #6

Sorry, i didn't see this reply until too late. I already went, ahead of the weather coming in this weekend. Use my email for next time...happy hiking...