Jerimoth access????

Jerimoth access????

October 11th, 2005, 8:08 pm #1

I recall that at the Konvention we were told that Highpointers would have access to the summit every day. The Highpointers.Org site, though, states:

"Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules — they are permitting highpointers to visit any weekend 52 weeks a year!"

So what exactly are the rules? I am in Boston for a couple of days and have nothing to do on Thursday; it seemed a good idea to finally get my last New England State Highpoint.

Thanks!

October 12th, 2005, 1:02 am #2

The blog on Roger's site has a response from Jeff Mosley where it's pretty clear that it's a Saturday/Sunday thing. I'm sure you'll have it in the bag soon enough.

October 12th, 2005, 2:38 am #3

The Mosley's post was dated July 28th, and if my memory has not failed me (once again!) they said, at the Konvention (September) that highpointers were welcome any day. Given the fallibility of said memory I am asking about the current status.

October 12th, 2005, 10:25 am #4

Is that you can visit with no fear of getting shot at. Seriously, I thought the Club put this sign up on their trailbuilding day after the Konvention:

http://highpointers.org/gallery/jerimoth-work/ri_sign3

I'll shut up now.

October 12th, 2005, 1:29 pm #5

The Mosley's post was dated July 28th, and if my memory has not failed me (once again!) they said, at the Konvention (September) that highpointers were welcome any day. Given the fallibility of said memory I am asking about the current status.
The official notice to the public via websites such as this public forum is that the highpoint is open to visitors on weekends only during the hours shown on the sign.

Anything that may have been discussed at the annual convention of the Highpointers Club would have been a message to members only -- ahem -- not to the entire world that can read this forum. 

'Nuf said?

Diane Winger

www.HighpointAdventures.com
NEW: www.Colorado-for-Free.com

October 16th, 2005, 9:57 pm #6

Access is described in the Club newsletter which you should receive within a week.