Issue #95, 11-Q4 to printers 11-21-11

Issue #95, 11-Q4 to printers 11-21-11

November 21st, 2011, 9:34 pm #1

I thought this was going to be a quickie issue, maybe 28 pages, and get it to the printers by early November. As it turns out, there were too many good items staring at me to get published, so in they went and off to the printers they go, a couple weeks later.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this issue.

The photos of the seminars (aka Klasses) at OH-11 (aka The Ohio Konvention) are a tribute to the volunteers who led them and the vision of the man who helped create them, Stony Burk.

Also in this issue are photos of projects that the HP Foundation is doing, plus the usual articles, updates, and people photos.

Plus I've run the photo of the as-yet-unidentified mystery highpoint. Take a look at it, narrow down the candidates, and imagine yourself laying on the ground looking up . . .

- John M.

December 6th, 2011, 3:07 am #2

Will Sjaak get his copy in the Netherlands before Stony does in New England?

Will the Christmas mail slow the delivery of this issue?

Will anyone guess the Mystery Photo?

Will someone send me a Love Photo for the next issue (late January)?

December 15th, 2011, 2:04 pm #3

I thought this was going to be a quickie issue, maybe 28 pages, and get it to the printers by early November. As it turns out, there were too many good items staring at me to get published, so in they went and off to the printers they go, a couple weeks later.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this issue.

The photos of the seminars (aka Klasses) at OH-11 (aka The Ohio Konvention) are a tribute to the volunteers who led them and the vision of the man who helped create them, Stony Burk.

Also in this issue are photos of projects that the HP Foundation is doing, plus the usual articles, updates, and people photos.

Plus I've run the photo of the as-yet-unidentified mystery highpoint. Take a look at it, narrow down the candidates, and imagine yourself laying on the ground looking up . . .

- John M.
But who was that ugly guy demonstrating the alpine butterfly knot? (Not Marion...the other one!!)

December 20th, 2011, 10:30 pm #4

Will Sjaak get his copy in the Netherlands before Stony does in New England?

Will the Christmas mail slow the delivery of this issue?

Will anyone guess the Mystery Photo?

Will someone send me a Love Photo for the next issue (late January)?
The latest issue got here so fast and in such great condition and there was so much in it to read and look at that I forgot to let you know I got it last Saturday, the 17th. I've been so busy reading and re-reading it that I forgot to ask Sjaak how many times he's already read his copy. Thanks for another super issue full of good photos and great reading.
StoneMan

December 22nd, 2011, 4:29 am #5

Incredible magazine and very motivating reading to do more high points. Just signed up for the Konvention, paid my deposit to Timberline to attempt the hike to the summit of Mt Hood and am thinking of it non-stop lately. Training hard at the gym and have planned some tough hikes very soon.

December 22nd, 2011, 5:44 pm #6

The latest issue got here so fast and in such great condition and there was so much in it to read and look at that I forgot to let you know I got it last Saturday, the 17th. I've been so busy reading and re-reading it that I forgot to ask Sjaak how many times he's already read his copy. Thanks for another super issue full of good photos and great reading.
StoneMan
Sjaak called last night to let me know he had just received the nl. I was speechless. New Hampshire finally got the newsletter before the Netherlands. I suspect that a couple of Santa's Elves might have had something to do with this unusual event; maybe with the initials JD or CN. Otherwise this is just a Christmas Miracle:)

December 22nd, 2011, 6:04 pm #7

Incredible magazine and very motivating reading to do more high points. Just signed up for the Konvention, paid my deposit to Timberline to attempt the hike to the summit of Mt Hood and am thinking of it non-stop lately. Training hard at the gym and have planned some tough hikes very soon.
Hey Steve,
Nice to see you finally joined this illustrious band of Highpointers. Not only does the newsletter provide great information about the club, the highpoints and it's members but as you mentioned it serves to fan the flames of your personal highpointing endeavor. Another benefit is our annual Konvention. It's a great place to meet and greet other climbers, trade information and share stories. Personally, for me, I've made some wonderful lifetime friends and climbing partners over the years by attending these Konventions as I'm sure you will too. We'll look forward to seeing y'all on Hood next year at the Oregon Konvention. Don't forget to sign up for Craig's eBulletin too. It provides the latest info on current conditions pertaining to the highpoints and other kool stuff. Check out the Merc too and pick up a t-shirt or calendar. I could go on and on but I feel you'll figure out the benefits of being a member for your self.

As always, Happy Trails & Safe Climbs
StoneMan