Issue #76 to Printers, Fri 2.16.07

Issue #76 to Printers, Fri 2.16.07

February 17th, 2007, 7:03 am #1

Hmmmm. I managed to squeeze this in right before I my trip to Kilimanjaro. Dave only spent 2 evenings at my house. Perhaps a record.

Even so, we managed to include several nice things in this issue. We hope you like it.

- John Mitchler
Golden, CO

March 2nd, 2007, 11:04 pm #2

This one is so thin it will blow out of your hands in a strong breeze...

But we'll save a lot of $$$ on printing and postage to splurge on the next issue!

I had to cut this issue short so I could get to Africa and climb Kilimanjaro (summit on 2.25.07).

Actually, this issue has some hardcore good stuff in it, such as the story of competition between two 50-Completers, and the story of brothers finishing the 48.

Plus I include a description of a newly surveyed highpoint - - I bet you haven't been to this exact spot!

And we have the usual stuff, including an SOS column about clouds (complete with a color photo guide).

- John M.

March 13th, 2007, 10:00 pm #3

Sjaak VanSchie from the Netherlands took some delight in contacting me yesterday right after he received the latest issue of the nl. He assured me it was great as usual and that my copy would most likely arrive in the Northeast before all the snow melts. He also offered to forward his copy after he reads it to help alleviate the daily anticipation of the arrival of my own copy of the nl which could be tomorrow or next week or the week after or....
Waiting in New Hampshire
Stony

March 15th, 2007, 10:07 pm #4

We are looking forward to meeting everybody at the Highpointers Convention in Wisconsin. See ya on Timms Hill. I was confused about the article in A to Z about How To Speak Wisconsin Good. I didn't think that would be a problem. I need to learn how to speak West Virginian good. Go Badgers!

March 16th, 2007, 4:02 am #5

Sjaak VanSchie from the Netherlands took some delight in contacting me yesterday right after he received the latest issue of the nl. He assured me it was great as usual and that my copy would most likely arrive in the Northeast before all the snow melts. He also offered to forward his copy after he reads it to help alleviate the daily anticipation of the arrival of my own copy of the nl which could be tomorrow or next week or the week after or....
Waiting in New Hampshire
Stony
FYI

March 16th, 2007, 4:03 am #6

How odd...I posted this message on the 15th, but it is dated the 16th.

March 16th, 2007, 7:12 pm #7

But we'll save a lot of $$$ on printing and postage to splurge on the next issue!

I had to cut this issue short so I could get to Africa and climb Kilimanjaro (summit on 2.25.07).

Actually, this issue has some hardcore good stuff in it, such as the story of competition between two 50-Completers, and the story of brothers finishing the 48.

Plus I include a description of a newly surveyed highpoint - - I bet you haven't been to this exact spot!

And we have the usual stuff, including an SOS column about clouds (complete with a color photo guide).

- John M.
YES!! I actually got my NL in a timely fashion this time. It arrived on March 13th. Amazing!! For once I'm NOT the last one to get it! Thanks as always for a great job, guys! See you (and everyone, I hope) soon in Wisconsin! JES

March 22nd, 2007, 5:53 pm #8

- John M.
Time to ignore the family for the rest of the day.

March 22nd, 2007, 10:11 pm #9

Think of all the spouses that are ignored the day the newsletter arrives! So sad. And a bit ironic. I know two spouses that are ignored for a week whilst the newsletter is being prepared.

The next issue will be significantly thicker for your reading enjoyment, which in turn will make the familial ignorals longer...

Deadline for next issue is early May. I'll get a head start on it so we can mail it by mid/late May.

- John M.
Golden, Colorado

March 29th, 2007, 6:51 pm #10

Hmmmm. I managed to squeeze this in right before I my trip to Kilimanjaro. Dave only spent 2 evenings at my house. Perhaps a record.

Even so, we managed to include several nice things in this issue. We hope you like it.

- John Mitchler
Golden, CO
Looking forward to reading it - thanks guys!