In need of Adirondack map scan

In need of Adirondack map scan

July 24th, 2009, 4:17 am #1

I know this is freeloading, so i ask with a slightly guilty conscience. I left home this summer with no idea i was going to end up going to the Adirondacks for a couple of days, so i left my map at home. I'm wondering if some kind highpointer (calling Mark S...calling Mark S) would be willing to scan for me the page with Algonquin Peak and the Avalanche Lake area.

I'm at markvotapek "at" netscape "dot" net . Know that you're aiding my not-so-lofty quest to complete the ten northeast 5000ers!

July 25th, 2009, 3:55 pm #2

Hey, Mark...I emailed you a scan of part of the 1:62.5k map out of the Adirondacks High Peaks Region guidebook (shh...don't tell anyone).

If you're headed up through the Mt. Marcy area (heads-up to other highpointers) and are planning on using a Bear Vault for food storage, look out for the bear in this story has gotten very adept at opening them. Hopefully, she won't be holding a Bear Vault seminar for her fellow bruins.

July 26th, 2009, 1:14 am #3

I know this is freeloading, so i ask with a slightly guilty conscience. I left home this summer with no idea i was going to end up going to the Adirondacks for a couple of days, so i left my map at home. I'm wondering if some kind highpointer (calling Mark S...calling Mark S) would be willing to scan for me the page with Algonquin Peak and the Avalanche Lake area.

I'm at markvotapek "at" netscape "dot" net . Know that you're aiding my not-so-lofty quest to complete the ten northeast 5000ers!
Beat to the punch by Alan!

I hope you enjoy Algonquin. It's a purdy cool peak. If you're interested, here's a winter TR from my most recent ascent:

http://www.summitpost.org/trip-report/2 ... nquin.html

August 2nd, 2009, 9:38 pm #4

Hey Mark:

Hope Algonquin went well for you. I got soaked to the bone on July 4th.

What do you still need to finish the NE 5,000? I'm working on that too.

August 3rd, 2009, 2:20 am #5

Thanks Alan, and sorry for the false alarm. New York got busy, the weather looked terrible, and so instead i just did 15 miles on the AT in Jersey as a dayhike. The mosquitos were epic.

I will save the map and do Algonquin as soon as possible.

The only other one i have left to do is Monroe.

Tuesday i'll be near enough Woodall Mountain on my way back towards Arizona that i'm going to stop by for a repeat visit. Just in case it's gotten really pretty since i last saw it 6 years ago...ha!