Do any western side views of Mount Whitney exist?

Do any western side views of Mount Whitney exist?

May 7th, 2009, 3:31 pm #1

I climbed Moro Rock at Sequoia National Park in late April for my third visit there.
I erroneously recalled that I could see Mount Whitney from there during my last visit in 1999. However, the newer signs there now appear to show that's not possible.
Another layer of the Sierras, including a 13,700 foot peak apparently block such a view.
Of course, any views there period are compounded by all the haze (pollution caused) that has been there during 2 of my 3 visits. Only my 1985 visit was clear skies.
Has anyone ever caught views of Mount Whitney from the west side?
I'm always surprised at how deep the Sierras are and at how wide the foothills stretch out on the west side.
On a clear day would Whitney be visible from Fresno, Hanford or Visalia? Or is it too far away and always blocked by other Sierra layers on the west side?

May 16th, 2009, 6:15 pm #2

If you mean from right at the base of the mountain's west side, i have a few taken from Timberline Lake and Guitar Lake. I'm really bad at making pictures stick to web pages, but i can email them to you. Also for a quicker fix, i'd bet that summitpost.org must have some west-side pictures too.