any one going to king's peak?

any one going to king's peak?

January 30th, 2007, 10:56 pm #1

I attempted king's 2 years ago but a storm blew in and my brother became sick so had to back down. I am looking to get in with another group to try again.

February 2nd, 2007, 3:18 pm #2

we did kings last summer. it was a fun one...we did anderson pass up and gunsight pass down. i think gunsight was worse than anderson because it was longer. anderson was certainly steep, but it was short. gunsight dragged on. would go again, but my wife will be 7 months pregnant, so its a no-go. have fun!

February 3rd, 2007, 4:29 am #3

I attempted king's 2 years ago but a storm blew in and my brother became sick so had to back down. I am looking to get in with another group to try again.
...consider trying a different route. Even if it's just from one trailhead over, at Henry's Fork instead of Dollar Lake, it's such a great area that it's worth an extra day or more to see more of it.

When i went, we started from China Basin, a couple of trailheads to the west, and made a 5 day loop around the Red Castle area. It was spectacular. If i were up there again, i might try coming from the south through Painter Basin. Whichever direction you come from, there is eventually a trail up to Anderson Pass.

Anyway, i'd love to make a group, but i have no way of knowing this far ahead if i'll be able to go. Good luck!