Tacticos II

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Tacticos II

May 14th, 2012, 9:56 am #1

Time to have a military related topic again.

Through my personal links I know that Thales is currently working on the Tacticos II combat management system.

Especially radar integration is now state of the art, the Tacticos II can even track birds and track the fired munition and recalculate the position where the munition lands. She can also track incomming munition and recalculate the point of origin and fire back before being hit.

Another issue is that currently there are about 20 visiting Greek naval engineers who are following various courses at Thales (part of the offset training package of the Greek Elly modernization) (I'm sure some of them are reading this forum, hi there!)

--------------------------------------------
Turkiye Turklerindir (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk)

May 14th, 2012, 12:01 pm #2

Would you say it's superior to GENESIS ?

Griks In Despair

May 14th, 2012, 12:11 pm #3

Through my personal links I know that Thales is currently working on the Tacticos II combat management system.

Especially radar integration is now state of the art, the Tacticos II can even track birds and track the fired munition and recalculate the position where the munition lands. She can also track incomming munition and recalculate the point of origin and fire back before being hit.

Another issue is that currently there are about 20 visiting Greek naval engineers who are following various courses at Thales (part of the offset training package of the Greek Elly modernization) (I'm sure some of them are reading this forum, hi there!)

Yes, Thales engineers are citing upcoming Aselsan and Havelsan as serious rivals but are confident about the radar technology that put them in front. Aselsan has yet to master the radar tech.

May 14th, 2012, 12:31 pm #4

"Yes, Thales engineers are citing upcoming Aselsan and Havelsan as serious rivals "

Good to know from someone who's familiar with them, my dutch brother

-------------------------------

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="360"></embed></object>

May 14th, 2012, 4:40 pm #5

It looks like Thales can intergrate any Radar Nato vessels have, even older ones. That is their threnght based on their experience. It is puzzling if Genesis will ever be able to do that with reasonable costs.
Majority of PN ships have Thales systems as relations between ex Signaal and PN goes back in the 80's, no surprise there are engineers training there as they have a software factory in Greece
Btw did you learn if finally mod Elli will have Phalanx?
http://www.network54.com/Forum/248068/t ... e+disaster

May 14th, 2012, 6:53 pm #6

NUtuk..

please ignore my lack of enlgish , but what do you mean exactly """Aselsan has yet to master the radar tech.
::"""

abi turkce ne deemek istedin.. Aselsan has yet to master the radar tech. aselsan henuz radar teknolijisnde usta degil ???

May 14th, 2012, 7:03 pm #7

Re psychobalistic,

Evet aynen oyle, Aselsan radar yapmasina yapiyor ancak henuz daha ilk safhalarinda ki Thales APAR'indan tut long distance radarlarinda dunyada ilk ucun icinde soz sahibi.