Russian MoD begins inducting new 6th gen radios

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Russian MoD begins inducting new 6th gen radios

February 17th, 2012, 7:32 pm #1

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

New family of radios is called Azart. The first 2,500 units will enter service in the Fall. GPS/Glonss, WiFi, and WiMax/GSM integrated into the thing so it can connect to to any neighboring cell phone network as well as operate like a standard field radio. Development started in 2009 and cost the Russian tax payer a staggering 160 million dollars.

Last edited by irkut on February 17th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 17th, 2012, 10:41 pm #2

Just what I need up in the mountains in Norway, send 3 to me please, all the secret crypto codes I don't need

I want everybody to listen and ansverring

Last edited by hjelpekokk on February 17th, 2012, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 18th, 2012, 3:21 am #3

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

New family of radios is called Azart. The first 2,500 units will enter service in the Fall. GPS/Glonss, WiFi, and WiMax/GSM integrated into the thing so it can connect to to any neighboring cell phone network as well as operate like a standard field radio. Development started in 2009 and cost the Russian tax payer a staggering 160 million dollars.

Hehe, the Greek "Special Forces" had to use Turkish GSM network to communicate with their superiors.. they were getting jammed up the butt and couldn't use their radios on Kardak.

Good call Russians for implementing GSM into radio

Last edited by Combat_Master on February 18th, 2012, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.