Clandestine nuclear powers

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

Clandestine nuclear powers

July 8th, 2012, 12:30 pm #1

OK this is a topic done to death, but just like compiling the "top 10 land armies", has a certain repeat value.

Who are the suspects for having a secret nuke arsenal, and just to add more value, which are the countries you believe the world will not object if they become a nuke power?

It is interesting to note that even 14 years after declaring their nuclear arsenal, neither India nor phuckistan are "recognised" as nuclear powers.

Countries I believe already have a clandestine nuclear arsenal are:

Israel
Iran
South Korea (north korea already has nukes)
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Of the above, I feel only South korea can come clean - provided of course that they have nukes in the first place.

Japan will never openly admit they have nukes (if they do) because of the stigma and taboo attached with the N-word, for get international condemnation, their own public will pull them down.

Israel also cannot declare their weapon status coz the entire middle east will go ballistic, the mullahs and ayatollahs will be jumping in the desert with fear and will lead to massive regional chaos.

Iran should have nukes, or they are extremely close. They have seen what has happened to saddam and iraq, if they confront the US now the ayatollahs would be digging their own grave. Their would be no second chance for them, so they would need some insurance. If they dont have nukes and are still sabre rattling then it only proves the theory that muslims are dumb.

Taiwan is either very brave to stand up against a bully 100 times its size or they have a nuke hidden somewhere. Though it sounds far-fetching but it is likely they have nukes just in case of a commie invasion.

July 8th, 2012, 3:38 pm #2

Canada could produce a weapon in a month or 2. Canada already produces a decent amount of weapons grade uranium.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... anium.html

The Canadian stash gradually being shipped from Chalk River, Ont., contains hundreds of kilograms of highly enriched uranium large enough to make several Hiroshima-sized nuclear bombs.

The thing is we're shipping the reserves of it to the USA for more secure warehousing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"deeds, not words"

July 8th, 2012, 4:01 pm #3

OK this is a topic done to death, but just like compiling the "top 10 land armies", has a certain repeat value.

Who are the suspects for having a secret nuke arsenal, and just to add more value, which are the countries you believe the world will not object if they become a nuke power?

It is interesting to note that even 14 years after declaring their nuclear arsenal, neither India nor phuckistan are "recognised" as nuclear powers.

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Of the above, I feel only South korea can come clean - provided of course that they have nukes in the first place.

Japan will never openly admit they have nukes (if they do) because of the stigma and taboo attached with the N-word, for get international condemnation, their own public will pull them down.

Israel also cannot declare their weapon status coz the entire middle east will go ballistic, the mullahs and ayatollahs will be jumping in the desert with fear and will lead to massive regional chaos.

Iran should have nukes, or they are extremely close. They have seen what has happened to saddam and iraq, if they confront the US now the ayatollahs would be digging their own grave. Their would be no second chance for them, so they would need some insurance. If they dont have nukes and are still sabre rattling then it only proves the theory that muslims are dumb.

Taiwan is either very brave to stand up against a bully 100 times its size or they have a nuke hidden somewhere. Though it sounds far-fetching but it is likely they have nukes just in case of a commie invasion.

I thought Canada had the bomb back in the 50's and 60's. I have no sources to back me up right now, but I thought the Russians gained the secrets of the bomb by spying on Canada. That is IIRC

July 8th, 2012, 4:06 pm #4

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Canada needso the bomb. No telling when those vicious baby seals might strike next.

Nemo me impune lacesset,

<table cellpadding="10"><tr><td align="left"></td><td width="20"></td><td align="center">"The chief aim of all government is to preserve the freedom of the citizen. His control over his person, his property, his movements, his business, his desires should be restrained only so far as the public welfare imperatively demands. The world is in more danger of being governed too much than too little.

It is the teaching of all history that liberty can only be preserved in small areas. Local self-government is, therefore, indispensable to liberty. A centralized and distant bureaucracy is the worst of all tyranny.

Taxation can justly be levied for no purpose other than to provide revenue for the support of the government. To tax one person, class or section to provide revenue for the benefit of another is none the less robbery because done under the form of law and called taxation."

John W. Davis, Democratic Presidential Candidate, 1924. Davis was one of the greatest trial and appellate lawyers in US history. He also served as the US Ambassador to the UK.
</td><td align="right"></td></tr></table>

July 8th, 2012, 4:37 pm #5

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Canada is too insignifcant to be allowed to have nukes by the its uncle next door....Might as well give it to Elwapo's home country mexico, a more significant country than Canada...

-------------------------------------------------

July 8th, 2012, 4:43 pm #6

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Canada did have nuclear weapons, but they were loaners from the USians. Personally I don't think that any country is a "clandestine" nuclear power, the entire purpose of such weapons is to serve as a deterrent, so they are next to useless if you don't tell people about them.

July 8th, 2012, 4:43 pm #7

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

who the hell cares bout canada having nukes lol

For me to call a man my friend, He must be equal to me in all respects.

July 8th, 2012, 4:58 pm #8

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Well India's bomb is indirectly Canada's responsibility...

Not to mention that China has 2 Canadian designed Reactors, South Korea has 4, Pakistan 1, Romania 2, Argentina 1...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"deeds, not words"

July 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm #9

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

... And Turkey is going to have another in a few years IIRC.

-----------------------------------------------

July 8th, 2012, 5:34 pm #10

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

who the hell cares bout canada having nukes
===============
Arap-Dominated, it does not matter much who cares. But Canada can make a nuke fast if it wanted. This is very unlike Toorki which can only do it in wetdreams but still a lot of neighbors of toorki care to hate toorki. That is quite a contrast, isn't it, both in nuke capacity and care?
Last edited by the-me on July 8th, 2012, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2012, 6:31 pm #11

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

I thought the CANDU reactors were not breeder reactors? I thought this why they are being sold around the world because they cannot produce the plutonium needed for bombs.

July 8th, 2012, 7:10 pm #12

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

Actually this is something I wish to address in the next release of the WAFF Military Strength Rankings, just which nations could realistically develop (or be given) nuclear weapons with a credible delivery mechanism within a year?

The list I had looked like this;

Japan - US supplied
Germany - NATO supplied
Italy - NATO supplied
South Korea - US supplied
Canada - NATO supplied
Spain - NATO supplied
Australia - US supplied
Iran - Developed
Taiwan - US supplied
Netherlands - NATO supplied
Turkey - NATO supplied
Greece - NATO supplied
Belgium - NATO supplied
Ukraine - From former Soviet stocks
Norway - NATO supplied
Austria - NATO supplied
Portugal - NATO supplied
Denmark - NATO supplied
North Korea - Developed

July 8th, 2012, 7:28 pm #13

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

^^
I think you should add Sweden to the above list, I am not sure about the rest of scandanavia. Switzerland too definitely has the necessary knowledge and engineering expertise to build a weapon. I am not sure about Estern Europeans

July 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm #14

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

//Might as well give it to Elwapo's home country mexico, a more significant country than Canada...//

Of course you consider mexico important..... that's where you and your people cross into the U.S!

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="360"></embed></object>

I'm willing to bet mexico is considered a paradise by you and your people, considering the crap hole you
people escaped to get there.

-----------------
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>
Last edited by ELWAPO on July 8th, 2012, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2012, 8:18 pm #15

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

The warhead is easier than the delivery system. N.Korea built a working bomb. They can't miniaturize it or build a missile to carry it very far without blowing up in the process. The better question is how many countries can build a real ballistic missile from scratch without first being gifted a ballistic missile program. Iranian, N.Korean, and for that matter early Chinese, Indian and Pakistani missiles were all based on Soviet designs with substantial Soviet input. Without the Soviets proliferating the basic technology its doubtful most of these countries would have much of a missile arsenal today. They would certainly be decades behinds where they are. For that matter the Israeli Jericho missile only came into being thanks to massive tech transfer from Dassault.

July 8th, 2012, 8:33 pm #16

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

The sad thing is, apart from Mike, the rest of the retards on the thread really think Canada is insignificant because it does not have nukes. Hell, I would rather live in Canada by a country mile than the so called "significant" China and Turkey. As would most Chinese and Turks who migrate to Canada or try to get their in cargo vessels.

Canada's institutions and system makes it a much more significant country for her citizens. After all that is what really matters.

'For God and country - Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo.'

Last edited by GlobalAmerican on July 8th, 2012, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2012, 8:39 pm #17

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

^ ^ ^
You couldn't pay me to live in celestial land..... and apparently you couldn't pay WAFF chinamen to live
in celestial land either!!
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="420" height="315"></embed></object>

I'll take Canada over several U.S states.

How many White Canadians have migrated to china and turkey..?

-----------------
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

July 8th, 2012, 8:39 pm #18

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

I thought the CANDU reactors were not breeder reactors? I thought this why they are being sold around the world because they cannot produce the plutonium needed for bombs.

Yes CANDU cannot make weapons grade anything. But Chalk river's NRU's can and do, and the NRX made lots and lots of weapons grade materials.

The CIRUS reactor is what gave the Indians the bomb, a reactor derived from the NRX design. It's really quite amazing what a history Canada has with nuclear technology.

@Irkut,

Remember you can still make a bomb fairly easily. But I agree with you, VERY few countries have the actual capabilities to design a successful ICBM. Those are the nations with VERY, VERY good physics, chemistry and aerospace engineering programs. Getting the thing off the ground is one major step, but getting it to hit a target after launch is another massive achievement.

Even if the most experienced nations (Russia and USA) were to build an entirely new ICBM system from scratch it is not an easy process.

"deeds, not words"
Last edited by meemperor on July 8th, 2012, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 8th, 2012, 10:05 pm #19

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

"I think you should add Sweden to the above list, I am not sure about the rest of scandanavia. Switzerland too definitely has the necessary knowledge and engineering expertise to build a weapon. I am not sure about Estern Europeans"

But neither Sweden or Switzerland is a member of NATO...could Sweden or Switzerland produce there own nuclear weapons within 3 - 5 years if they wished? I have no doubt about that in either case. Would another existing nuclear nation give them nuclear weapons (and the necessary technology) to preserve their existence...of that I have enough doubt as to not include them.

July 8th, 2012, 10:13 pm #20

Israel
Iran
Japan
possibly Taiwan

"The better question is how many countries can build a real ballistic missile from scratch without first being gifted a ballistic missile program."

Ask and you shall receive...

Japan
Brazil
Germany
Italy
South Korea
Canada
Spain
Australia

...those are the countries from the previous list with $1T or greater economies and at least some form of indigenous aerospace industry. Within 3 - 5 years I have no doubt that any of those economies could produce a workable ICBM with a nuclear warhead.