@Orko

Moderators: Moderators, Administrator

@Orko

March 26th, 2012, 8:50 am #1

Maybe you know more about it. As far as I know SSM had requirement for 71 OMA vehicles to resuply the Firtina howitzers however SIPRI says there is a deal for 150.

Actually 150 OMA for 300 Firtina makes sense (every OMA can resuply 2 Firtina howitzers).

Do you know more about this?

--------------------------------------------
Turkiye Turklerindir (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk)

March 26th, 2012, 10:04 am #2

The serial production order has not yet been given AFAIK. It is not clear if the KKK wants the MTS for all Firtina battalions or for selected ones. The answer for this will determine the number of MTS to be procured.

---------------------------------------------
"Battles are fought with weapons, but they are won with information"

March 26th, 2012, 10:10 am #3

Maybe you know more about it. As far as I know SSM had requirement for 71 OMA vehicles to resuply the Firtina howitzers however SIPRI says there is a deal for 150.

Actually 150 OMA for 300 Firtina makes sense (every OMA can resuply 2 Firtina howitzers).

Yes OK that I understand but what confuses me is that SIPRI is giving a fix number 150 and also mentions a deal of nearly $1bln as if there is a decission (or at least intention)

March 26th, 2012, 11:09 am #4

The SIPRI data is problematic (at least for the ARV), since it shows it as procured from South Korea as K-10. The MTS is not a license production or procurement, it is indigenous development. I have no record of a serial production contract. And if the contract has not been awarded, it is fairly not possible to order 1 or 150 engines from anybody.

---------------------------------------------
"Battles are fought with weapons, but they are won with information"

March 26th, 2012, 11:33 am #5

Hmmm, yes let's wait for the contract to see. Still interesting how SIPRI got to those figures.