Young Earth according to Rapture Ready

Young Earth according to Rapture Ready

March 22nd, 2010, 11:04 pm #1

I thought this was interesting coming from R/R

I also agree with it...

The universe is probably 13.5 billions of years old, and the earth 4.5 billion..

The many examples listed in my view make the point. God didn't make a universe "to look old" like Young Earthers nonsesically claim, it is old.

God is not in the decieving business.

http://www.raptureready.com/rr-planet.html

Theistic Evolution is most likely going to be the next big step for Christians because DNA evidence - via, Dr. Francis Collins (a Christian), and head of the world renown Human Genome Project is proving evolution is fact. The difference is in his view, and mine...God the genius, provided evolution as mechanism as part of his design. Known as Bios Logos, "theistic evolution" makes God make sense to THINKING human beings.

So, what then is the issue with T.E.?

Sin causing death "before" the fall?

Well, in my opinion Adam & Eve are simply the first cro-magnon to be infused with a "spiritual essence". The death was "self consciousness", that they were naked. That God was no longer number one but self was.

To pretend that dinosaurs didn't exist millions of years ago is ignorant of science. Science is not a conspiracy against you or God. God INVENTED dna...
star dust, planets, gravity, science simply explains the laws God used to produce these items. DNA is letting us now know that animals such as apes, monkeys, etc. DO HAVE A DIRECT LINEAGE. Man is no less spiritual because of it!

Death existed for millions of years prior to Adam & Eve...but spiritual death was a new thing. Just as God infused the first bacterium with enzymes spoke to the newly created one celled bacterium to REPLICATE, so another miracle called spirit was infused into the "new man" - Adam - Kunte Kinte from the Mesopotamian to North Africa areas.

DISCUSS...

March 23rd, 2010, 12:21 am #2

Hi Highland888:
It sounds like a nice diplomatic way of saying that bible believers can now believe in evolution.
Why not go one step further and logically point out that since man has free will to do, and be, whatever he wants, then God's will has obviously never applied to man, beyond causing the big bang?

"I don't speak for God, but somebody has to speak for the bible story."

March 23rd, 2010, 3:18 am #3

I thought this was interesting coming from R/R

I also agree with it...

The universe is probably 13.5 billions of years old, and the earth 4.5 billion..

The many examples listed in my view make the point. God didn't make a universe "to look old" like Young Earthers nonsesically claim, it is old.

God is not in the decieving business.

http://www.raptureready.com/rr-planet.html

Theistic Evolution is most likely going to be the next big step for Christians because DNA evidence - via, Dr. Francis Collins (a Christian), and head of the world renown Human Genome Project is proving evolution is fact. The difference is in his view, and mine...God the genius, provided evolution as mechanism as part of his design. Known as Bios Logos, "theistic evolution" makes God make sense to THINKING human beings.

So, what then is the issue with T.E.?

Sin causing death "before" the fall?

Well, in my opinion Adam & Eve are simply the first cro-magnon to be infused with a "spiritual essence". The death was "self consciousness", that they were naked. That God was no longer number one but self was.

To pretend that dinosaurs didn't exist millions of years ago is ignorant of science. Science is not a conspiracy against you or God. God INVENTED dna...
star dust, planets, gravity, science simply explains the laws God used to produce these items. DNA is letting us now know that animals such as apes, monkeys, etc. DO HAVE A DIRECT LINEAGE. Man is no less spiritual because of it!

Death existed for millions of years prior to Adam & Eve...but spiritual death was a new thing. Just as God infused the first bacterium with enzymes spoke to the newly created one celled bacterium to REPLICATE, so another miracle called spirit was infused into the "new man" - Adam - Kunte Kinte from the Mesopotamian to North Africa areas.

DISCUSS...
I think the Fall is when we spirits take human form. We lose our divinity, that is the Passion, the pain, the great forgetting.

But I like the direction you are going in. Makes sense, and overall, I like the idea that religion and science can be compatible. The mind and the spirit need not be at odds, but when you are forced to believe stupid stuff in order to be "saved", many choose to turn their minds off, and many decide that the whole "saved" thing is idiocy.

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
~ Gensha

Wide Open Bible Forum - - - - Many Paths

March 23rd, 2010, 3:52 am #4

We all need an operating system "installed" in order to derive meaning from life. For some reason, humans can't seem to enjoy life like animals do ... by just living. Humans always need to "know" the reason for everything.

Not that humans are reasonable however....

Just craft a nice story and cover the inconsistencies with preposterous excuses and you can get them to follow along, in humble servitude. As long as they're serving something bigger than themselves, (which they don't fully comprehend) ... they'll be proud and loyal. (It's very important to have this element of mystery which they don't understand though because if they CAN understand, they become scornful of it. "Familiarity breeds contempt.")

So if we KNOW how our minds work "in advance" ... we can adapt ourselves to that reality.

We need something greater than ourselves, to serve it with respect. Ok ... that's our "higher power".

It doesn't matter whether people are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or Alcoholic ... they all need this sense of serving something greater than themselves that is "worthy" and of which they can be proud. By doing service to their higher power, they get a sense of achievement in reaching some goal ... which makes it all "worthwhile" and gives them fulfillment ... making them happy and content.

It's nuts, but true.

What is your higher power? Truly? Can you be completely honest and avoid offering empty cliche's ?

-Vince

March 23rd, 2010, 4:00 am #5

Hi Highland888:
It sounds like a nice diplomatic way of saying that bible believers can now believe in evolution.
Why not go one step further and logically point out that since man has free will to do, and be, whatever he wants, then God's will has obviously never applied to man, beyond causing the big bang?

"I don't speak for God, but somebody has to speak for the bible story."
You ask in essence: " Since man has free will, ...God's will has obviously never applied to man, beyond causing the big bang? "

God's (will or MIND) has been trying to educate men every step of the way as to who he is, and how humans might know him ever since day one.

Now, when Jesus gives us a parable (a fictional account, yet truth teaching, STORY) in the New Testament...it is to bring together various idea's that make a point. A point that helps guide men into understanding.

Some 3500 years ago - men had no scientific understanding of the universe or the world for that matter (compared to today). So God in his understanding of uneducated man states..."There are two great lights" - The Sun & the moon. He does this in Genesis. Now, to uneducated slaves, sheep herders, fisherman, or farmers that makes sense. But, upon looking at this statement we know the moon is NOT a light. In fact it give NO LIGHT! It reflects the sun. Does Gods original story make him out to be a liar?

No...He simply is relating to uneducated men to make a point.

pop the bubble
pop the bubble

March 23rd, 2010, 4:10 am #6

We all need an operating system "installed" in order to derive meaning from life. For some reason, humans can't seem to enjoy life like animals do ... by just living. Humans always need to "know" the reason for everything.

Not that humans are reasonable however....

Just craft a nice story and cover the inconsistencies with preposterous excuses and you can get them to follow along, in humble servitude. As long as they're serving something bigger than themselves, (which they don't fully comprehend) ... they'll be proud and loyal. (It's very important to have this element of mystery which they don't understand though because if they CAN understand, they become scornful of it. "Familiarity breeds contempt.")

So if we KNOW how our minds work "in advance" ... we can adapt ourselves to that reality.

We need something greater than ourselves, to serve it with respect. Ok ... that's our "higher power".

It doesn't matter whether people are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or Alcoholic ... they all need this sense of serving something greater than themselves that is "worthy" and of which they can be proud. By doing service to their higher power, they get a sense of achievement in reaching some goal ... which makes it all "worthwhile" and gives them fulfillment ... making them happy and content.

It's nuts, but true.

What is your higher power? Truly? Can you be completely honest and avoid offering empty cliche's ?

-Vince
If the spirit of this world rules your heart, the war in happening in you! That mind tempts the soul! Until that spirit of this world is kicked out replacing it with God's spirit you will never be free!
This is what God has done by sending Christ in our hearts to straighten out the matter. This is a personal experience called the rapture or separation of spirit from soul. That spirit of error has to be dealt to it final end, in you!

For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

That God for Jesus Christ!

Amen!

March 23rd, 2010, 4:39 am #7

"the spirit of this world"?

-Vince

March 23rd, 2010, 6:06 am #8

If the spirit of this world rules your heart, the war in happening in you! That mind tempts the soul! Until that spirit of this world is kicked out replacing it with God's spirit you will never be free!
This is what God has done by sending Christ in our hearts to straighten out the matter. This is a personal experience called the rapture or separation of spirit from soul. That spirit of error has to be dealt to it final end, in you!

For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

That God for Jesus Christ!

Amen!
We have mind for a reason as we do ego. Both are for the human experience. All we need do, I think, is to keep both in check.

This is where meditation is a dream tool. For me anyway. But of course, there are Many Tools, Many Ways.

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself

March 23rd, 2010, 12:47 pm #9

God is Love and people don't choose love: they are forced into it by their NEED to be loved, which is Gods way of getting us all on the same page, HIS!!

create something, take out a part and put it in another creation and watch the process develop into something bigger than the sum of its parts.

We come with a missing part hence we are never satisified till the PART is installed again; God is that part that is missing and it is really his LAW that is missing; Like Vince said, animals are happier than we are because God didn't take that part out of them; They are content to be what they be: We on the other hand, are in NEED of something very essential; we don't know how to just BE until we are fulfilled again: I know from experience that NOTHING is going to fulfill us till we find what we NEED;

Jews explain that God put his light (life-spirit) in all living things so we can ENJOY God without knowing it is him; We can feel some of his light when we eat food (it grows from light) and even natural clothing feels better than synthetic in a way: We get Gods light through others who are forced to give it even though they "feel" they are doing it with their own INTENTION: thats part of the delusion or "blindness" of the lawlessness we experience:

if we were filled with Gods light, we would FUNCTION lawfully and understand how God moves in the earth; We would automatically know that all things come from him "THROUGH US" and we like the trees and grass and sun and moon, FUNCTION by the LAW of the UNIVERSE: We would also not be EMPTY within and enough would be enough continually:

how do I know? Because that is where Gods visitation has taken me more and more and when I do have a need that I don't automatically without even thinking about it anymore, turn to God, I can consciously do so with intention and get the same result. I now can see where and HOW God works; in our will, in our intention, to fill all our DESIRES, the needs that keep us moving.

The Bible story reveals what God is doing but till he does it in us, we relate to it as a story, or history, or myth or bunk; Only those who have experienced the story within know that it is the EXPLANATION for HOW God works and what God is in us:

impossible to explain to someone who thinks that what they need is something else; The spirit of the world is antichrist because it is the delusion that something else can fill us but the SOURCE who made us:

once we know the source, we don't need to seek for it anymore. Once he opens the door to find him, we are transformed to the extent that we now have to OPEN our door to let him fully in: God makes sure we have our part to play because he wants us to KNOW HOW IT WORKS from the inside out;

the Philadelphia Church is told that God would open a door to them: But the Laodecian Church is told, "I stand at the door and knock, and whosoever will open, I will come in and he shall sit with me on my throne as I sit with the Father"; Its a two way street but God makes the first move even when we think we made the first move because we NEEDED to:

God is the WILL OF LIFE moving us as he wills even when we think we are moving ourselves: If we really had that kind of control, we wouldn't die when our time was up: WE would just will to stay alive; neither would we will to get sick, or loose people, places and things we love: Yet in all of our doings, we find that our choices are really much more limited than they seem to be:

When God reveals himself we realize that we couldn't even move an inch if he didnt move in us; that is a sobbering time but its also a FREEING TIME: we no longer have to "work" at life: we can truly ENTER OUR REST and let God be who he is in us: That is when the law of LIFE runs our life instead of the law of lack....desire or emptiness:

Last edited by Harpazo on March 23rd, 2010, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

March 23rd, 2010, 12:59 pm #10

. To Philadelphia (love of the brothers)

Rev 3:7 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

To Laodecia (people in judgment)

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

PS, these two last levels of the seven Churches are the last two levels of making us MAN in Gods image and likeness;

the first is God opening the door of our heart......he must write his law in our heart: This level is Israel in us making a true Jew in us; a circumcised heartthat has the WORD engrafted therein:

once God puts his law (himself) into our heart, he then works on 'renewing our mind' with that law in our heart till the heart and mind are ONE force and we become ONE as God is ONE in us;

the Philadelphia Church is the making of the IMAGE of God, his HOUSE, his bride, his sons Israel (he will rule with God): The heart is where GOD MOTIVATES us from:

without this law in our heart we are motivated by other things that seem to or promise to fulfill us:

once the law is in our heart, it will be a light for the renewing of the 'mind', our gentile nature; Here the "mind becomes the servant" in the likeness of "the mind of Christ" that was given to the heart to move the heart in the WAY and WILL of God

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life