Why so abusive Nucc? Is it bad to question your beliefs?

Why so abusive Nucc? Is it bad to question your beliefs?

July 1st, 2010, 1:53 am #1

You earn respect for your beliefs, you dont get them by calling them "suck boys" just because they ask you about your "guy in the sky" philosophy.

I'm surprised you havent flown a plane in to a skyscraper yet to get your point across.

However, I guess killing 100's of thousands of innocent Iraqis and Afgans probably dwarfs that guy with the other one true religion yo prove that your sword of gods is bigger than anyone elses, wouldnt it?

Good one Dubya, the solution killed 100 times the number of people the problem did.

True Christianity wins over true Islam!

Time to question what you know, because it obviously aint so.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzq0p ... o1_500.jpg

Zombie Jesus who sort of came back from the dead...

<i>Away in a graveyard, a stone overhead
The zombie lord Jesus is raised from the dead
The bones and the corpses are at his command
And rise like their master to swarm o'er the land!
The women are screaming, then running away
Poor Mary and Martha are gnawed where they lay
I fear thee, lord Jesus, your curséd undeath
With worms in your bowels and rot on your breath.
Have mercy, lord Jesus, don't eat me today
Next year I'll be bigger, I promise! I pray
Some shaman or rabbi or priestess or such
Will stake you and save us from your deadly touch.</i>

I know Bible literalists apologists have their explanations, but they are ultimately just <b><i>band aids over bull sh!t.</b></i>

Biblical Pitfalls .http://www.network54.com/Forum/660399/

July 1st, 2010, 2:16 am #2

I think I'm beginning to like you again, Art!~

-Vince

July 1st, 2010, 2:22 am #3

that I was a bit hasty judging you Vince. Mr d's was a bit polarised at the time and there was a them or us mentality at one stage. If you weren't in the one of the trenches you were most likely cannon fodder.

I know Bible literalists apologists have their explanations, but they are ultimately just <b><i>band aids over bull sh!t.</b></i>

July 1st, 2010, 2:33 am #4

Two topics to steer clear from with Vince.

Oh, and 9/11 explosives.

Three.

July 1st, 2010, 3:02 am #5

there's probably more.

July 1st, 2010, 3:04 am #6

that I was a bit hasty judging you Vince. Mr d's was a bit polarised at the time and there was a them or us mentality at one stage. If you weren't in the one of the trenches you were most likely cannon fodder.
admission, Art. (I reckon the topic matter made a difference too.~)

-Vince

July 1st, 2010, 4:00 am #7

Two topics to steer clear from with Vince.

Oh, and 9/11 explosives.

Three.
Are those topics which fall under the category of "agree to disagree while I go outside to get some air?"

-Vince

July 1st, 2010, 12:34 pm #8

You earn respect for your beliefs, you dont get them by calling them "suck boys" just because they ask you about your "guy in the sky" philosophy.

I'm surprised you havent flown a plane in to a skyscraper yet to get your point across.

However, I guess killing 100's of thousands of innocent Iraqis and Afgans probably dwarfs that guy with the other one true religion yo prove that your sword of gods is bigger than anyone elses, wouldnt it?

Good one Dubya, the solution killed 100 times the number of people the problem did.

True Christianity wins over true Islam!

Time to question what you know, because it obviously aint so.
You know where to find me. However, when I responded to you there I asked YOU a question about YOUR belief but YOU didn't answer. Are you trying to project to all that YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE and others are not? It is not a wise decision to emulate gerardo, Art. He seldom looks in the mirror when he criticizes others. I suggest you don't follow his example or you'll be destroyed.

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

July 1st, 2010, 2:10 pm #9

some are brothers and some are enemies and some are neighbors and so on....

loving ones own is easy, amen?

but loving those who persecute you, now thats hard and yet that is the very thing that is supposed to make us JUMP FOR JOY when we can do it, but why?

it means we are more like our father than when we began:

I want you to jump for joy for all the hard work you have put into the kingdom: Don't let anyone rob you of that final part, the JOY FILLED PART of the highest degree: Believe me, it took me a long time to get there, a very very long time.

I want to see you receive your full reward because that is what we are created for, Gods pleasure; I don't want to let father down: I don't want to refuse his best part.....are you game with me?

lets be joined in LOVE,

because this is the perfecting of the saints

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 1st, 2010, 2:29 pm #10

You know where to find me. However, when I responded to you there I asked YOU a question about YOUR belief but YOU didn't answer. Are you trying to project to all that YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE and others are not? It is not a wise decision to emulate gerardo, Art. He seldom looks in the mirror when he criticizes others. I suggest you don't follow his example or you'll be destroyed.

"If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose RIGHTEOUSNESS"." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
dont know what question you asked, I think I ended up with about 20 unanswered ones first.

I got the feeling I wasnt wanted where I first found you, and certainly got the run around from everybody.

As I said, all along, I wanted to know the basis of how you could believe what you did, knowing how flawed the process was (remember the 14000 other gods all claiming to be the one true god) I was curious to find out what you thought you had discovered that they didnt when you claimed to use the same process. read the book, believe the book, flog the book.

No one had an answer, no one cared about that process. I was asked to move on, I dont see any reason to go back.

I wasnt criticising you, but then on the other hand you dont score any respect purely for following such a disreputable superstition either. Sorry if you dont like probing questions, but if you are embarrassed about the answers available, maybe you need to consider why.

I'd encourage any questions about my position in return, and would welcome any piercing questions you might think you have as well.

Questions like "Why do you hate god" which tend to assume an answer can come back at you of course, I'm curious as to why you hate allah, Thor and the rest.

From what I've read of the bible, Gerard seems to be a little more like christ than you come across as, maybe he really can teach you something? Gerard has certainly grappled with his beliefs over the years, I dont think that merely kow towing to a god makes you even close to instantly perfect. To be "saved" still yields very bitter fruit. I've known too many saved stuff ups.

If I want to project anything, it would just be an interest in how different people process their truths. I'm listening, if you had a compelling case you might convert some agnostics here... I tend to respond well to logical chains of reasoning. I'm not so keen on the "believe me or be destroyed" baloney. There is zip credibility in those threats. After all, when was the last time a god actually twitched a muscle in reality? These things tend to dissipate the gods. When was the last time that you can prove your gods did something without any possibility of any doubt?

Oh yes....

Never.

I'm am starting to get serious about me being an atheist christian and you not getting the point. Might develop that concept a little more later. PS you might like to tell the Reverend Paster that his proof of Jesus being magic was a joke. I saw it, talk about clutching at straws. I know I'm not the only one who considers that Jesus either got above himself or was misquoted about being anything more than a rabbi.