Whose Son is David's Lord in the Old Testament?

Whose Son is David's Lord in the Old Testament?

May 16th, 2010, 10:32 pm #1

In Matthew 22 we read the following...

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The LORD said unto my(David's) Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

IF David' Lord during the old testament was YHWH himself, then, the actual question above could also be translated this way .... whose son is YHWH - David's Lord?

Don't you agree...?

I believe Jesus is YHWH himself of old, the Son of the Invisible God Father - whose name is not yet known to anyone at this time.

Your thought please....

God Bless

Note: Insertion is mine

Last edited by 4Pillars on May 16th, 2010, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 16th, 2010, 10:45 pm #2

you said

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
44 The LORD said unto my(David's) Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

IF David' Lord during the old testament was YHWH himself, then, the actual question above could also be translated this way .... whose son is YHWH - David's Lord?

ME: it is written that Jesus Christ said "I am the ROOT and OFFSPRING of David'

the root is CHRIST and the OFFSPRING is Jesus Christ

Christ is where and HOW GOD MOVES within the soul and David (Beloved) is the soul of us when we reach that point of being able to bring forth Christ, hence, we receive the KEY OF DAVID

Christ is the root of that soul that is revealed as the HOLY ROOT of the tree

but once that ROOT IS REVEALED and BORN through David (the soul that brings him forth because David is the man after Gods own heart), then the RESULT of that UNION of that SOUL and CHRIST his root...... is JESUS, the NEW MAN, the LAST ADAM

Christ needs a BODY and David is that body or soul that is able to bring him forth because David is the END result of the woman God made out of Abraham and his descendants that will bring forth Salvation which is of the Jews

it is said by Jews, MAY KING DAVID LIVE FOREVER, to show that as long as there are souls who reach this level, King David will never die

and one day he will rule in Jerusalem as the SOUL of those who bring forth CHRIST and are baptized into the NAME JESUS (The salvation of I am that I am and I will be what I will be)

It is always David then whose root becomes JESUS when Christ is brought forth through the point in his heart that is the virgin (the part of the heart that never knew a mere man):

God has favored this hidden and secret place of the most high within us to be found when the SEED FINDS THE GOOD GROUND within (Mark 4) the ground that brings forth the ROOT (Christ) 30, to become the MAN Jesus (60 and 100 fold) when he is finished becoming IN US as we decrease in us:

how do we decrease???

WE GIVE OUR DESIRES (which is what we are) to HIM to fill

this makes him bigger and us lesser and lesser

yet in the end since we are CO-Heirs, we get what he HAS, so we loose nothing but instead we FIND OUR LIFE this way
Last edited by Harpazo on May 16th, 2010, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

May 16th, 2010, 10:59 pm #3

..... the question remains unanswered..... whose son is David's Lord (YHWH) - who was sent into this world by his invisible Father and became known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament

So.... whose Son is YHWH, if anyone can tell?

God Bless

May 16th, 2010, 11:22 pm #4

that I didn't answer it?

Proverbs asks........

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what [is] his name, and what [is] his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Isaiah says......

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

and then we read in Luke.......

Luk 1:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Luk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name [was] Mary.

Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

Luk 1:29 And when she saw [him], she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

and John chimes in...........

Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

May 16th, 2010, 11:27 pm #5

YHVH being the LORD God of the OLD Testament, so whose SON IS His Son?

YHVH is THE SON as well since he sent A PART OF HIMSELF to LIVE WITHIN the creation and not just around it....as in "IN HIM WE MOVE and breathe and have our being"

we all breathe God like fish in water

but God wants to LIVE IN THE FISH as well as the FISH IN HIM

if that makes any sense

May 17th, 2010, 12:05 am #6

that I didn't answer it?

Proverbs asks........

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what [is] his name, and what [is] his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Isaiah says......

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

and then we read in Luke.......

Luk 1:26 ¶ And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Luk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name [was] Mary.

Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, [thou that art] highly favoured, the Lord [is] with thee: blessed [art] thou among women.

Luk 1:29 And when she saw [him], she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

Luk 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

and John chimes in...........

Jhn 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1Jo 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

.... YHWH (the Son) is Jesus Christ himself... and was with his invisible God Father before the beginning of the Physical World. When God (his Father) said, Let there be Light (Gen. 1:3), YHWH or Jesus came forth from the Spirit of Love into the Physical World and became the Only God ever Physically formed or that ever will be Physically formed.

He was Not Created, since He was already God from the beginning. Jesus was the Light of the 1st 3 Days (Alpha), just as He will be the Light of Heaven in the end (Omega) Rev. 21, which has No need for the Sun nor Moon to shine in it.

Without YHWH or Jesus, was Not anything made which was made, because Everything that was created Physically in the beginning (ex-nihilo) was made by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten, of the Invisible God, of whom no man hath seen at anytime (who is a Spirit without any physical shape or form) nor his name been revealed to anyone at this time.

But that's just my biblical opinion. Believe it or not.

God Bless

May 17th, 2010, 3:44 am #7

In Matthew 22 we read the following...

Don't you agree...?

I believe Jesus is YHWH himself of old, the Son of the Invisible God Father - whose name is not yet known to anyone at this time.

Your thought please....

God Bless

Note: Insertion is mine

According to the NT Bible Tales...
David's "Lord" was... Jesus.

But, how could Jesus be both...
-- David's Son...
AND...
-- David's Lord...?

Well, the answer is quite simple...
And...
-- Entirely Mundane.

Jesus was a "son" of David...
Because of the Davidic Bloodline on his father's side...
-- (Joseph, of course.)
But...
Jesus was a Messianic Priest/King...
While David was just a Messianic King...
And, as such...
-- Jesus held a Higher Position of Office than David did...
Therefore...
Just as Abram paid homage to the Priest/King Melchizedek...
The Gospel Author...
-- Reading "meaning" Back INTO the OT Text...
Would have seen David Refering to Jesus...
-- (The Future Messianic Priest/King)...
As...
-- "Lord".

And so...
Jesus was both...
-- A "Son of David"...
And...
-- David's "Lord".

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --

May 17th, 2010, 1:50 pm #8

.... YHWH (the Son) is Jesus Christ himself... and was with his invisible God Father before the beginning of the Physical World. When God (his Father) said, Let there be Light (Gen. 1:3), YHWH or Jesus came forth from the Spirit of Love into the Physical World and became the Only God ever Physically formed or that ever will be Physically formed.

He was Not Created, since He was already God from the beginning. Jesus was the Light of the 1st 3 Days (Alpha), just as He will be the Light of Heaven in the end (Omega) Rev. 21, which has No need for the Sun nor Moon to shine in it.

Without YHWH or Jesus, was Not anything made which was made, because Everything that was created Physically in the beginning (ex-nihilo) was made by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten, of the Invisible God, of whom no man hath seen at anytime (who is a Spirit without any physical shape or form) nor his name been revealed to anyone at this time.

But that's just my biblical opinion. Believe it or not.

God Bless
Jesus said he was in the bosom of the Father and this is the WORD sent from Gods own heart to perform what God INTENDS (wills) for it to perform:

it will not return void but having accomplished what it is sent for:

to reconcille all things to himself:

Christ is "BORN" through the creation, not created but BORN

begotten as in "THROUGH" the creation

God created but not Jesus who is the CHRIST

now, Christ is the FORMLESS LIGHT of the creator

and with this LIGHT the creator "FORMS" MAN

there is a difference between forming and creating something

what is the difference?

God uses the CREATION (he brought into existence through the first 25 verses of Genesis I) with the saying "LET THERE BE" and it is

but in verse 26 the creator says, LET US make man

who is the US?

the creation (he spoke into existence) and the Creator who is the LIFE of that creation

so Jesus is the COMBINATION Of creature (David) and creator (God)

Jesus is MAN because MAN is both creation and creator in ONE

without the creation that is created first, there would not be A LUMP to make another vessel (SOUL) from the first vessel (ego)

the lump or clay or body is the WAY GOD FORMS the SPIRIT into MAN

but the INSIDE of the FORM is not like the outside of the form:

just like the form the Jello is made in is not the jello but it is used to form the jello into a certain form:

man is the image and likeness of the creator and Jesus is that man

the name Jesus means "salvation of the creator (YHVH)

and how did the creator then FORM THIS JESUS?

out of HIMSELF "THROUGH" the creation that he created first

this is why Jesus is also God because the FORM is not the MAN: The image and likeness of the FORMER of all things is the MAN:

Gods power, his WILL moves through the form to do mighty things:)

Last edited by Harpazo on May 17th, 2010, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2010, 2:25 pm #9

According to the NT Bible Tales...
David's "Lord" was... Jesus.

But, how could Jesus be both...
-- David's Son...
AND...
-- David's Lord...?

Well, the answer is quite simple...
And...
-- Entirely Mundane.

Jesus was a "son" of David...
Because of the Davidic Bloodline on his father's side...
-- (Joseph, of course.)
But...
Jesus was a Messianic Priest/King...
While David was just a Messianic King...
And, as such...
-- Jesus held a Higher Position of Office than David did...
Therefore...
Just as Abram paid homage to the Priest/King Melchizedek...
The Gospel Author...
-- Reading "meaning" Back INTO the OT Text...
Would have seen David Refering to Jesus...
-- (The Future Messianic Priest/King)...
As...
-- "Lord".

And so...
Jesus was both...
-- A "Son of David"...
And...
-- David's "Lord".

-PRev1-

President Barrack Hussein Obama

-- Nobel Peace Prize, 2009 --
"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
-- George Orwell, "1984" --
..... The fact that the actual event - prophetic vision - took place in the old testament, therefore, the context of the text was referring to YHWH as David's Lord during that particular time... not the character of Jesus Christ who was not yet conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Here's the original quote taken by Jesus Christ in the Old Testament (Book of Psalms) in ref. to Mathew 22:44...

Psalms 110:1 The LORD said unto my (David) Lord (YHWH), Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Note: Insertions are mine for clarity of presentation.

IF Jesus Christ who claimed to be the only begotten Son of God, the famous I AM of the Old Testament (Scriptural ref. readily available), then, why is it so hard for many of you people here, admit to the fact that YHWH is NOT the invisible God Father, but the Son of God, himself - The Christ?

Just wondering.... please explain. Thanks

God Bless

Last edited by 4Pillars on May 17th, 2010, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 17th, 2010, 2:53 pm #10

' (ein sof) + YH (father) +VH (son). JB