Who or what is a murderer of souls?

Who or what is a murderer of souls?

Tim
Tim

December 29th, 2011, 6:37 am #1

Any person or being who participates in or conspires in deceiving the mind of any soul to cause it to be rejected by God.

Tell me different if you can.

December 29th, 2011, 3:05 pm #2

Tim said: Any person or being who participates in or conspires in deceiving the mind

Sweet Jeebus, what a freaking hypocrite. RELIGION deceives the mind by filling it with fantasy and nonsense, and turns people away from the truths of reality.

"History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it." -- Lazarus Long (Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love")

-----------------------------------------------
At this season of the Winter Solstice may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

December 29th, 2011, 3:44 pm #3

Religion panders to those who cannot accept responsibility for themselves in their lack of character.
The sly conmen of religion play upon, encourage and develop such weaknesses by pretending to provide an 'out' for them.

Spiritual Life points out that you Will reap as was sown with no get-outs - period. Clergy tell you otherwise. They're lying.
Their task is to make you weak, dependent, compliant for the rulers of the day to control you and your thinking.

Do you really believe that a sky-daddy god would choose such duplicitous people to 'spread the word' if it were true? Or would it want people of courage, honour and integrity?

December 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm #4

Seoc Colla said: Religion panders to those who cannot accept responsibility for themselves in their lack of character. The sly conmen of religion play upon, encourage and develop such weaknesses by pretending to provide an 'out' for them.

Bingo. The inability to accept responsibility for their actions. The notion that you can do whatever you want, and it's OK because Jesus said he'll pay my bill for me... I just find that proposition ludicrous and immoral.

Thomas Paine said that if you accustom a people to believe that religion can forgive sins, then you will have sins in abundance. And that's exactly what we see in our society. Holier-than-thou religious people are the ones doing all the bad things in the world.

And the creator of the Protestant church even RECOMMENDED that people sin. Hey, it's OK. You can do whatever evil you wish... Jesus will accept your moral responsibilities.

"Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong." -- Martin Luther

Seoc Colla said: Their task is to make you weak, dependent, compliant for the rulers of the day to control you and your thinking.

I agree 100%.

At this season of the Winter Solstice may reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no angels, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

December 29th, 2011, 7:18 pm #5

Any person or being who participates in or conspires in deceiving the mind of any soul to cause it to be rejected by God.

The word "soul" has been defined as meaning the difference between a living and a dead body. It is possible to murder a body, but never a soul.

December 29th, 2011, 10:31 pm #6

And it is God's will, then .. well, God would be the murderer of souls.

But, I don't think that's the case. God is One. If there is such a thing as salvation, and if it is by grace, then we're all good.

And if not, well, we're all in the same boat anyways.

Tim
Tim

December 30th, 2011, 9:10 am #7

Seoc Colla said: Religion panders to those who cannot accept responsibility for themselves in their lack of character. The sly conmen of religion play upon, encourage and develop such weaknesses by pretending to provide an 'out' for them.

Bingo. The inability to accept responsibility for their actions. The notion that you can do whatever you want, and it's OK because Jesus said he'll pay my bill for me... I just find that proposition ludicrous and immoral.

Thomas Paine said that if you accustom a people to believe that religion can forgive sins, then you will have sins in abundance. And that's exactly what we see in our society. Holier-than-thou religious people are the ones doing all the bad things in the world.

And the creator of the Protestant church even RECOMMENDED that people sin. Hey, it's OK. You can do whatever evil you wish... Jesus will accept your moral responsibilities.

"Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong." -- Martin Luther

Seoc Colla said: Their task is to make you weak, dependent, compliant for the rulers of the day to control you and your thinking.

I agree 100%.

God and His Son Jesus are very real to me.
Seoc and you reflect upon the churches as usual.

And without the Gospel I have no meaning or direction in life.
And when you try to destroy that I tend to take it too personal at times, and I shouldn't.

And I know you believe in self and things you can see and examine. But that doesn't give any answers and its only your perception of the world around you and what you discover next.

I can clearly see the Bible tells more then you'll ever learn on your own.
The Bible tells whats here and what is to come and what was.

Why don't you guys calculate self worth. Your one out of over 7 billion alive on earth today.

Tim
Tim

December 30th, 2011, 9:15 am #8

But, I don't think that's the case. God is One. If there is such a thing as salvation, and if it is by grace, then we're all good.

---------------------------------------

If the Bible is correct then salvation is conditional upon believing in Jesus as the Son of God.

Tim
Tim

December 30th, 2011, 9:40 am #9

The word "soul" has been defined as meaning the difference between a living and a dead body. It is possible to murder a body, but never a soul.
-------------------------------------------------

The point was that you can deceive souls so God will destroy them, such as will be for the Mark of the Beast to buy and sell goods. God will destroy those deceived souls.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Identity Crisis
Identity Crisis

December 30th, 2011, 10:40 am #10

God and His Son Jesus are very real to me.
Seoc and you reflect upon the churches as usual.

And without the Gospel I have no meaning or direction in life.
And when you try to destroy that I tend to take it too personal at times, and I shouldn't.

And I know you believe in self and things you can see and examine. But that doesn't give any answers and its only your perception of the world around you and what you discover next.

I can clearly see the Bible tells more then you'll ever learn on your own.
The Bible tells whats here and what is to come and what was.

Why don't you guys calculate self worth. Your one out of over 7 billion alive on earth today.
""the Bible tells more then you'll ever learn""

Bibles dont speak. None of them do. If they did, would there be such a
contradictory avalanche of them?
Printed works have no voice.

It is the mind of the reader that supplies its own info, which in turn was slyly implanted within. Guess who slipped such stuff into your minds while they had you looking the other way?

Folk fervently believe that 'Jesus' said/ did/ meant a vast range of things, when there is absolutely no evidence for holding that opinion. Indeed, there is no evidence at all - not a scrap - that this Jesus ever existed.

Such folk are nuts.

Consider: the mighty Christian notion of a Deity is entirely dependent on manipulation of the imagination.
Yet the same folk would think of themselves as lucid, intelligent, educated, astute and unlikely to be taken in by skillful conmen, are the very ones who have swallowed the yarn, hook, line and sinker.
The scheming beneficiaries most certainly dont 'work by the sweat of their brows' do they?

The 'greatest hoax ever perpetrated upon humankind in the last 1500 years' of which even a Pope admitted: 'it has served us well, this Christ myth'