What's so bad about Satan?

What's so bad about Satan?

December 1st, 2010, 4:18 pm #1

Seriously.

1. Do a body count in the Bible. God kills orders of magnitudes more than Satan.

2. Look at Job. Satan is allowed by God to do whatever he does.

3. If God is sovereign, then Satan ultimately is powerless, or under his control as well. While the argument goes that man has free will, I am not sure that demons or Satan have free will, or that this argument can be made for them.

Satan is just a boogie man. More of the fear mongering fundy mindset that is at war ultimately with themselves, full of inner turmoil and angst. By their fruits ..

December 1st, 2010, 4:34 pm #2

Like you said, considering that Yahweh has killed far, far, FAR more people than the devil, ol' Satan has gotten a bad rap.

But seriously, Satan is just as imaginary as Yahweh. He was invented by theists so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions.

Just blame it on the devil.

Some relevant quotes.

"Satan hasn't a single salaried helper; the Opposition employ a million." -- Mark Twain

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -- Mark Twain

-----------------------------------------------
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan
Last edited by edstrange13 on December 1st, 2010, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 1st, 2010, 4:37 pm #3

Seriously.

1. Do a body count in the Bible. God kills orders of magnitudes more than Satan.

3. If God is sovereign, then Satan ultimately is powerless, or under his control as well. While the argument goes that man has free will, I am not sure that demons or Satan have free will, or that this argument can be made for them.

Satan is just a boogie man. More of the fear mongering fundy mindset that is at war ultimately with themselves, full of inner turmoil and angst. By their fruits ..
Satan is a boogeyman - Maybe that's exactly what he wants us to believe.

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)

December 1st, 2010, 4:40 pm #4

Like you said, considering that Yahweh has killed far, far, FAR more people than the devil, ol' Satan has gotten a bad rap.

But seriously, Satan is just as imaginary as Yahweh. He was invented by theists so they wouldn't have to take responsibility for their actions.

Some relevant quotes.

"Satan hasn't a single salaried helper; the Opposition employ a million." -- Mark Twain

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?" -- Mark Twain

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan
Sinners are the captives of satan and are blameless.
(my never humble opinion)

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!"
(Thanks Kristy)

lox
lox

December 1st, 2010, 9:57 pm #5

Seriously.

we tend to be so good speaking about one's don't dont know.

If you know God this post is useless because you would know as well as satan!

lox
lox

December 1st, 2010, 10:01 pm #6

(Thanks Kristy)
they have taken his bait and they cant prove God but they are so willing to deny satan?

lox
lox

December 1st, 2010, 10:55 pm #7

Some relevant quotes.

has God gotten a bad rap?

December 2nd, 2010, 4:08 am #8

we tend to be so good speaking about one's don't dont know.

If you know God this post is useless because you would know as well as satan!
Satan doesn't exist. He's just an aspect of the source. Like we all have a shadow self, that's God's shadow self. Maybe? Cuz, gee, if Yahweh is God .. well, he seems a bit more evil that Satan. By ye fruits ..

December 2nd, 2010, 4:09 am #9

(Thanks Kristy)
Just wants us to disbelieve. The tooth fairy too, apparently. All these imaginary beings ..
have something in common.

December 2nd, 2010, 4:40 am #10

I decided to keep my thoughts to myself for the moment

Last edited by bobquit on December 2nd, 2010, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.