Thanks Woody, for a gem

Thanks Woody, for a gem

November 5th, 2010, 2:16 am #1

I'm not on the forums much of late, nor will be for a while .. but do lurk a bit in the evenings. Given my lack of access, not getting involved in discussions that I won't be able to follow up on.

But, below I read:
Like the skydiver who forgot his parachute...

What God is capable of doing, and what God actually does, are likely to be two different things. God's work was done at creation, and man has been on his own ever since. The religious always give God the credit for any good thing which happens, and accept any bad thing as some kind of lesson from God, because doing that is a form of worship. In other words, what the religious give God credit for, are just the natural course of events. That is why the bible is full of statements that God did something or other.
And as I read each sentence, I thought "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes"!

Although, I still feel like there is "something", a "more", energy .. or just that ultimate reality that permeates our reality, that somehow interacts with us, but not in an way that is an answer to prayers.

Anyway. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

November 5th, 2010, 6:17 am #2

I feel we already have all we need, all the tools we need, so in that way we need not ask for me. The Source carries on creating and evolving with our experiences.

Yet though a lot of us appear to be alone on the journey, and I certainly do at times, maybe that is choice as well.

I got some wonderful advice today:

"Do not feel alone. Don't even think hopelessness. You, and those who think like you, are part of a quiet groundswell of minds coming under the influence of Christ mind. "

If we feel we are only a pjysical being, then we can be as solitary as we desire, we can be whatever of course!

But whena at times, we feel we need others, then meditate and share in a non-physical way, tap into the Cosmic Consciousness which is our birthright.

We have not been abandoned, just thrown in the water at birth and hey, we can choose to drown, keep afloat, peddle step, paddle or swim!

Mondo! I am missing you even more than I am missng my Cadburys bars of Whole Nut!!

Get back soon.

(Hey, now I know. What do I know? I know now that you and Noob are on and the same. You go, he goes......)

Yeah, I would like to thank TS aswell for some nicely written posts.
Thank you, TS.

Love
Jackie

Tim
Tim

November 5th, 2010, 9:43 am #3

I'm not on the forums much of late, nor will be for a while .. but do lurk a bit in the evenings. Given my lack of access, not getting involved in discussions that I won't be able to follow up on.

But, below I read:

What God is capable of doing, and what God actually does, are likely to be two different things. God's work was done at creation, and man has been on his own ever since. The religious always give God the credit for any good thing which happens, and accept any bad thing as some kind of lesson from God, because doing that is a form of worship. In other words, what the religious give God credit for, are just the natural course of events. That is why the bible is full of statements that God did something or other.
And as I read each sentence, I thought "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes"!

Although, I still feel like there is "something", a "more", energy .. or just that ultimate reality that permeates our reality, that somehow interacts with us, but not in an way that is an answer to prayers.

Anyway. Great post! Thanks for sharing.
""""But, below I read:
And as I read each sentence, I thought "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes"!""""

TS is trying to convince me the KJV and all Bibles are BS, and just a history book. And that Jesus is dead like anyone other person. And that GOD really doesn't have any power other than creating the world? Are you kidding me? And you think this is OK Mondo?

So this is all BS to you people or did GOD intervene?
Every seed after its own kind, or do cows turn into monkeys if you feed them enough bananas?

Lox is the only other Christian here.
And I would like to get to know Lox.
Lox was right, and I rebuked him to be nice, and he said "nice?"

In Jesus our Lord.

November 5th, 2010, 9:51 am #4

A 'Christian' is just a label tag. What the Christian IS, is another matter.

You know that already.

You mustn't be so hard on some folks becasue they feel otherwise than you. Would you really like a person who just agrees with everything you believe?

Tim, have a nice restful night.

Love
Jackie

Tim
Tim

November 5th, 2010, 10:15 am #5

""""A 'Christian' is just a label tag. What the Christian IS, is another matter.
You know that already.
You mustn't be so hard on some folks becasue they feel otherwise than you. Would you really like a person who just agrees with everything you believe?""""

Would you really like a person who just agrees with everything you believe?

That would be boring. Yet peaceful.

Seoc Colla
Seoc Colla

November 5th, 2010, 10:24 am #6

Being a 'Christian' is like being a 'Saint' -

Who says so, God or Man?
Saints unsurprisingly, are all Catholic, while Christians are all self-certificated - of which leaves us.....where, exatly?

November 5th, 2010, 11:35 am #7

I would say that leaves us UNCHAINED!

Free as birds and bubbling with possibilities!

Excting! And that is what I love, to be and feel excited.

Oh dear, is that kind of carnal minded??

I will be in trouble with Lox again...

Have a LOVELY day, Seoc
Love
Jackie
Last edited by BlueJudah on November 5th, 2010, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lox
lox

November 5th, 2010, 12:05 pm #8

Just because I respond to things that come out of your heart/mouth and rebutt does not make me your judge..but a discerner of your words.

November 5th, 2010, 12:23 pm #9

I don't!

My style is to use humour and fun when I can. I kinda dislike getting too serious over most stuff.

BUT I can be a Light Warrior if needs must!

Just keep on sharing and caring.

Love
Jackie

November 5th, 2010, 2:32 pm #10

""""But, below I read:
And as I read each sentence, I thought "yes", "yes", "yes", "yes"!""""

TS is trying to convince me the KJV and all Bibles are BS, and just a history book. And that Jesus is dead like anyone other person. And that GOD really doesn't have any power other than creating the world? Are you kidding me? And you think this is OK Mondo?

So this is all BS to you people or did GOD intervene?
Every seed after its own kind, or do cows turn into monkeys if you feed them enough bananas?

Lox is the only other Christian here.
And I would like to get to know Lox.
Lox was right, and I rebuked him to be nice, and he said "nice?"

In Jesus our Lord.
Hi Timmy:

You said "TS is trying to convince me the KJV and all Bibles are BS, and just a history book. And that Jesus is dead like anyone other person. And that GOD really doesn't have any power other than creating the world? Are you kidding me? And you think this is OK Mondo?"

Again you are jumping to conclusions as a kneejerk response. I am not trying to convince you, nor did I say, that all bibles are BS. I'm trying to convince you that you have to find the truth of the bible by recognizing the story of continuity which runs through it. If we don't attempt to interpret scripture in the context of the history it records, we won't have a hope in hell of understanding scripture, and we will end up with thousands of doctrinally disagreeing denominations:-)
I am also not trying to convince you that God doesn't have any power other than creation. I am trying to convince you that just because God may be Omnipotent, does not mean that He used His omnipotence to do all the things that superstitious scripture authors give Him credit for.
The story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, is probably meant to explain that man is out there by himself, living by the sweat of his brow, and should not expect any help from the creator.
The good news which God saw with His foreknowledge, and revealed to Abraham, is that ***MAN*** will eventually achieve everlasting peace on earth, goodwill toward men.
The bible is a story about man, not a story about God.

"I don't speak for God, but somebody has to speak for the bible story."