sea even on judging

sea even on judging

February 12th, 2010, 5:38 am #1

I noticed in a couple of your post you used the term come from the Scripture

Matt 7:1
1 "Do not judge lest you be judged. (NAS)

While many speak those words, they speak them OUTSIDE of the context they where spoken by Christ.

Vs 2 gives us context,...

Matt 7:2
2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. (NAS)

The problem is NOT in making judgments, the problem is IN THE WAY those judgments are made. IOW the STANDARDS OF MEASURE we use to make those judgments.

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

February 12th, 2010, 5:42 am #2

any way to make judging spiritually others okay....no matter how wrong G-d has stated it is....

You would have made one helluva good Pharisee....i guess if you're going to do something do it right eh?

lol

February 12th, 2010, 5:45 am #3

BTW you'd make one helluva good antichrist....Oh! That's right, you are one.

February 12th, 2010, 5:54 am #4

While many speak those words, they speak them OUTSIDE of the context they where spoken by Christ.

2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. (NAS)

The problem is NOT in making judgments, the problem is IN THE WAY those judgments are made. IOW the STANDARDS OF MEASURE we use to make those judgments.

It was my intention to speak words "outside of Christ".

With as many interpretations of scriptures as are floating around and used daily, there cannot possibly be one meaning that's common to all. I appreciate your understanding in your judgment of my words.

I'll get some more in here in time ; )

Sea

February 12th, 2010, 6:08 am #5

That's the NORMAL use of those words in today's society, and REALLY it's a misuse. Not to be incorrectly judgmental but just to help you to see that from a Biblical perspective NOT ALL JUDGMENT is wrong. There is however from a Biblical perspective, a right kind of judgment and a wrong kind of judgment.

John 7:24
24 Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment." (NIV)

We must make judgments every day, and what God is saying from His Word is that when we make judgments it is best to do it from a PROPER PERSPECTIVE. Therefore we must have a PERFECT STANDARD from which we make those judgments.

For the TRUE Christian, God's Word (ALL OF IT) is THAT FINAL standard. For those who claim to be Christian and DON'T ACCEPT God's Word as the FINAL STANDARD their judgment is subjective or of the mind, meaning it's not the best standard to measure a good judgment.

Last edited by Forerunner on February 12th, 2010, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 12th, 2010, 6:53 am #6

Your opinion, my dear NUCC, does not coincide with mine. Your beliefs do not make a fallacy true, nor do mine. The term 'NORMAL' either needs a set of definitions, or should be used with more discerning care; there may be a dispute forever regarding the term 'NORMAL' in every disclipline.

My 'NORMAL' may be different from another's 'NORMAL'. I have no problem with anyone else's "NORMAL"; I have a problem with someone claiming as fact their own definition of 'NORMAL', as well as their use of said term, to the exclusion of anyone else's opinion. I find that stance to be arrogant and unnecessarily divisive; not for a moment do I believe any term is not used with all honesty and firm belief.

I'm attempting to learn a language, NUCC; I am not here to listen to a sermon. Thanks for your post; my honesty is inate, and causes a disruption in the flow of ideas when one is not willing to listen to or tolerate another's point of view.

One term that is fascinating to me is "TRUE", as in 'true Christian', 'true word'. I can't reconcile the word 'true' (preferred definition) with anything I've read yet that has precise relevance. I don't apply any standards to the language used here that I don't apply to standards elsewhere.

Perhaps you can disabuse me of that finding. There are many more words I've been reading that are not only puzzling to me, but I'm now understanding that their use is esoteric, and not readily available to one who has not spoken the language of Christians. One word at a time, however.

Lot's for me to cover.

Sea

Striver
Striver

February 12th, 2010, 1:26 pm #7

To judge is to be ignorant of the evoltionary process of matter returning to its positive stste (Source) called 'Spirit' in religious circles.

February 12th, 2010, 3:11 pm #8

Your opinion, my dear NUCC, does not coincide with mine. Your beliefs do not make a fallacy true, nor do mine. The term 'NORMAL' either needs a set of definitions, or should be used with more discerning care; there may be a dispute forever regarding the term 'NORMAL' in every disclipline.

My 'NORMAL' may be different from another's 'NORMAL'. I have no problem with anyone else's "NORMAL"; I have a problem with someone claiming as fact their own definition of 'NORMAL', as well as their use of said term, to the exclusion of anyone else's opinion. I find that stance to be arrogant and unnecessarily divisive; not for a moment do I believe any term is not used with all honesty and firm belief.

I'm attempting to learn a language, NUCC; I am not here to listen to a sermon. Thanks for your post; my honesty is inate, and causes a disruption in the flow of ideas when one is not willing to listen to or tolerate another's point of view.

One term that is fascinating to me is "TRUE", as in 'true Christian', 'true word'. I can't reconcile the word 'true' (preferred definition) with anything I've read yet that has precise relevance. I don't apply any standards to the language used here that I don't apply to standards elsewhere.

Perhaps you can disabuse me of that finding. There are many more words I've been reading that are not only puzzling to me, but I'm now understanding that their use is esoteric, and not readily available to one who has not spoken the language of Christians. One word at a time, however.

Lot's for me to cover.

Sea

S> I'm attempting to learn a language, NUCC; I am not here to listen to a sermon.

N> I believe that's what I'm doing though Sea. The language is from the perspectives of the First Principles of REALITY. I'm not giving you a sermon, I'm just telling you like it is in REALITY. Hopefully you are observing the differentiations between the language of REALITY (OBJECTIVE) and the language of RATIONALITY (SUBJECTIVE).

I see you claiming that I'm giving you OPINIONS and I understand you seeing that, but IN REALITY I'M GIVING YOU TRUTH, and that's what you're not seeing, and possibly willfully not seeing because you don't want to, and I understand THAT as well because that's the exercise of FREE WILL.

Sea, please understand, I've talked to many University students, and frankly, OVERALL I'm NOT impressed. Especially with students caught in the PLURALISTIC MINDSET, that think TRUE CHRISTIANS must face "THEIR" FACTS that True Christians are NOT the sole possessors of TRUTH. When in FACT they are.

I know that may SOUND rude and intolerant to you, but no more RUDE and INTOLERANT than those who claim such things AGAINST TRUE CHRISTIANS when they can ***NEVER*** SUBSTANTIATE any such claim. AND I DO MEAN "NEVER". Again when Christ said; "He IS THE TRUTH", the EXCLUDES ANY OTHER CLAIM about TRUTH. I'm not giving you a sermon, I'm giving you facts on a LANGUAGE you're unfamiliar with. If I give an opinion, I will state it's an opinion.

February 12th, 2010, 3:15 pm #9

To judge is to be ignorant of the evoltionary process of matter returning to its positive stste (Source) called 'Spirit' in religious circles.
For your judgment. Now I say, your judgment is incorrect in the face of the evidence given.

February 12th, 2010, 3:26 pm #10

And find ourselves wanting. And the "God" gives us a pat on the back and says "You aren't THAT bad." and sends us back for another try ..