Past sinners?

Past sinners?

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

June 21st, 2010, 10:49 pm #1

BROUGHT FORWARD FROM APRIL:
Probably the churches were supposed to be for PAST sinners, now redeemed (No TEXT)
April 20 2010 at 2:13 PM
-------------------------------------------
Past Sinners?
April 23 2010 at 10:04 PM Randy (no login)
Response to Probably the churches were supposed to be for PAST sinners, now redeemed (No TEXT)
Greetings,
So do you also believe (as I do) that one can stop sinning?
------------------------------------------
Re: Past Sinners?
June 21 2010 at 6:31 PM QUITTNER (no login)
Response to Past Sinners?
I think of sinning as disobeying some laws/rules/regulations that you have a choice to obey or not. In Jesus' time the clergy were the government, under Romans' supervision, and the biblically mentioned laws were the legislation at that time. But sinning in 2010 is also disobeying the secular laws of the land, not only the (not enforced?) laws of the clergy and/or bible.
..... It seems that the original Christianity (the one by Jesus) included the rehabilitation of sinners, their regeneration into from now on GOOD, non-sinning people. But only once, not again and again! Confession, sincere regret, and vows of obedience and poverty all being preconditions of first baptism, followed by membership of what today we call a church, supposed to be a part of the Kingdom of God, an artificial "family" of adult-aged "children", called "the poor" because they had pooled their property and had, as individuals, no money (none was needed).

Tim
Tim

June 22nd, 2010, 6:43 am #2

I don't sin in the Commandants of God.

Yet I do sin in unrighteousness.
I like to copy software, yet its not stealing, yet its unrighteous.

1 Corinthians 6:9
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

QUITTNER perhaps you can see the falling of yourself and perhaps not.

There is a gift we can not achieve. And NUCC a Chp may never understand perhaps.
A gift from God to you.

Bro Tim.

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

June 22nd, 2010, 7:27 pm #3

Tim, here is a link to an article explaining righteousness with additional links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Righteousness
..... It was difficult to get to be a member of "The Kingdom of God", and Paul wrote about it about 20 years after Jesus had been crucified.
..... The only valid, authorized Christianity was the one by Jesus, but many other unauthorized so-called "Christianities" were invented after that crucifixion.

June 24th, 2010, 2:29 pm #4

knows what the followers of Jesus were like in the past, now or in the future unless they follow them around with a camera and micraphone 24/7

I don't know the POINT you make about "others" all the time Quittner: I wish I did understand it because it is so important to you and I wish I understood why you make it such a continuual point.
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Tim
Tim

June 25th, 2010, 7:03 am #5

And that is way he hides behind arguments of Roman heathens.

Bro Tim

QUITTNER
QUITTNER

July 7th, 2010, 5:41 pm #6

knows what the followers of Jesus were like in the past, now or in the future unless they follow them around with a camera and micraphone 24/7

I don't know the POINT you make about "others" all the time Quittner: I wish I did understand it because it is so important to you and I wish I understood why you make it such a continuual point.
It's quite simple: There are/were many people who follow, and/or still follow, the teachings of Jesus, and also his and the apostles' lifestyle. The word "Christian" has been defined as a person who follows Jesus and his lifestyle.
...... But there are many others who do NOT, and they, including clergy, obviously only think that they are Christians. OK?