Never call someone a fool

February 5th, 2010, 7:46 pm #1

MAT 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

But its ok if I call myself one - provided that I mean it

February 5th, 2010, 7:55 pm #2

`

But it's okay to call a NON-CHRISTIAN a fool, though, if he or she is being one.

i believe Scripture Admonishes us not to call our Brother a fool!.

Although we really shouldn't call anyone ANYTHING. Amen?

Well, that is unless we call him or her a forum bully. lol

*Hugs

`

Last edited by Beckett777 on February 5th, 2010, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2010, 9:24 pm #3

incredible....too much

so it is okay only to call those labelled unbelievers fools???

look closely at proverbs.....and see if scripture doesn't say what a fool is....

paraphrasing one proverb here....a fool and his money soon depart....is that only for unbelievers??

come on.....stop think like this....us versus them.
Last edited by seekingsoftly on February 5th, 2010, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2010, 9:33 pm #4

`

.. but i am not supposed to call that person a fool,
whether he is a Christian or not. HOWEVER, if that
person is a fellow Brother, then i guess i would be
in even more trouble, according to Scripture.

Fortunately for me, i don't all ANYONE a fool

`

February 5th, 2010, 9:43 pm #5

this indept with translation aids....i would discuss this with you but all here it would do is cause grief and you couldn't care less anyhow...

right....knowing it all and such....

it is the same problem people use for the 'judging' issue....

they think scripture because of what it says on 'judging'...one cannot judge a persons actions...and that is not what it is speaking on.....we can judge sin and we know by the Word what it is....we cannot however judge a person's relaionship with G-d.....for MANY reasons......

did you realize John.....many are PURPOSELY...BY G-D.....blinded to the truth....scripture says this.....now many assume it is a punishment.....but scripture says no such thing....

so what if ....you trying to evangelize people G-d is purposely showing ONLY what HE knows they NEED to know.....well, you are working against G-d in doing this???

naaa.....you know it all right John?

February 5th, 2010, 10:02 pm #6

`

FYI, i will never consider myself above reproach.

If there is something you feel you can teach me, by all means, indulge!

LIKE YOU, i am never too old to learn/be taught.

UNLIKE YOU, i actually like being rebuked because it helps me
to grow in the Kingdom. And I have had NON-BELIEVERS rebuke me,
as well. And I didn't get upset at them.

`

February 6th, 2010, 12:02 am #7

it is probably healthy that you have convinced yourself of those things.

good for you then.

February 6th, 2010, 12:41 am #8

Zipper boy wisdom strikes again

February 6th, 2010, 3:25 pm #9

`

.. but i am not supposed to call that person a fool,
whether he is a Christian or not. HOWEVER, if that
person is a fellow Brother, then i guess i would be
in even more trouble, according to Scripture.

Fortunately for me, i don't all ANYONE a fool

`

I think it is one of those sayings that people think is in the Bible. Like "God helps those that help themselves".

February 6th, 2010, 5:08 pm #10

MAT 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

But its ok if I call myself one - provided that I mean it
The verse is NOT talking about ordinary anger WITH A CAUSE, but rather anger that goes beyond normal anger. A CAUSELESS anger that wants to commit MURDER.

Matt 5:21-26
21 "You have heard that the ancients were told, 'You shall not commit murder' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.'
22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever shall say to his brother, 'Raca,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever shall say, 'You FOOL,' shall be guilty {enough to go} into the fiery hell.

23 "If therefore you are presenting your offering at the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,
24 leave your offering there before the altar, and go your way; first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and present your offering.
25 "Make friends quickly with your opponent at law while you are with him on the way, in order that your opponent may not deliver you to the judge, and the judge to the officer, and you be thrown into prison.
26 "Truly I say to you, you shall not come out of there, until you have paid up the last cent. (NAS)

The word FOOL in the same verse in Greek is moros and is OFTEN MISUSED when one MISUSES it to CONDEMN a PERSON HIMSELF.

However, this is NOT the same as using God's Word CORRECTLY to DISCERN for oneself who needs the Lord's salvation and who doesn't After all whenever, a TRUE CHRISTIAN WITNESSES to a person about Christ, he or she goes into the witnessing somewhat assuming that the person needs Christ's salvation. Once a response is received by the person witnessing, it can be determined by the FRUITS as defined by God if the person is lost or saved. It in no way is condemning the person. The person is ALREADY COMDEMNED through UNBELIEF.

John 3:18
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (KJV)

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal