leaving with this information

leaving with this information

August 14th, 2010, 4:19 pm #1

Rabbi Leitman rightfully says that the eastern religions return us to the vegetative world, where we don't STRIVE for more and become still:

Christianity is all about overcoming the animal soul with a HIGHER SOUL instead of a lesser soul that wants peace within only:

it is still about the self and this is not the FINAL GOAL of God who wants us to BE MORE than animals and not less than animals:

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 14th, 2010, 9:16 pm #2

It had better start achieving something then, because after 2000 years it appears that Christianity has only encouraged murder, wars and tyranny in return for influence.

Man is a highly evolved animal, but not as highly evolved as he needs to become, I dont think a backward philosophy like a Judaism spinoff is going to be able to do it, based as it is on so many poor assumptions and leaps of credulity.

Striver
Striver

August 15th, 2010, 2:38 am #3

Rabbi Leitman rightfully says that the eastern religions return us to the vegetative world, where we don't STRIVE for more and become still:

Christianity is all about overcoming the animal soul with a HIGHER SOUL instead of a lesser soul that wants peace within only:

it is still about the self and this is not the FINAL GOAL of God who wants us to BE MORE than animals and not less than animals:

Hinduism and, Taoism, agree with Yvonne. Eastern religions are hopelessly stuck in mysticism, just as are their counterparts orthodox Christians and Muslims. So hopelessly mired in the muck of mysticism are practitioners of Eastern religion that those great teachers of the East, the Masters of the Wisdom, are turning to the more mental Occident.

Esoteric Buddhism (those to whom Albert Einstein referred when he said, and I paraphrase, "the future world religion will be a cosmic religion without the necessity for an anthropomorphic Deity, and will greatly resemble Buddhism"); or that to which Robert Oppenheimer made reference in his statement, again paraphrasing, ("what today is called atomic physics had a considerable place in Buddhist and Hindu thought. Modern physics is an exemplification, an encouragement, and a refinement of old wisdom.") have nothing whatsoever to do with religion, Occidental or Oriental. I find that those who condemn Esoteric Eastern philosophy are those who don't know the first thing about it. Anyone wanting to get some idea of what Esoteric Eastern Philosophy is before condemning it should get a copy of the Tao of Physics. Or the Kabbalah. There is also a series of books called the Bailey Books written by a Tibetan Master. These books deal almost exclusively with the evolution of consciousness. Read the Tao, the Bailey books. Only then will one be qualified to offer any critique on Eastern Esotericism. There are other books. The Bailey books are by no means the only excellent books on this subject. Esoteric Buddhism, Hinduism and Taoism have "joined forces." This combination is called the "Eastern World View." Oh yes, almost forgot, Lao Tzu is another excellent source...the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali is another. And I'm sure there are books of equal quality that I don't know about. If we aren't willing to do the just suggested, perhaps it would prove less embarrassing to offer no critique whatsoever.

August 15th, 2010, 2:51 am #4

Really Striver?

And then you mention Lao Tzu.

I can't see Taoism being mystical at all. Nothing more pragmatic that Taoism.

Striver
Striver

August 15th, 2010, 12:23 pm #5

Lao Tzu is one of thse I suggested one read if one is interested in ESOTERIC Eastern Philosophy...NOT EXOTERIC EASTERN RELIGION. I would reccomend Lao Tzu tp anyone. I'm going to read my post one more time. Maybe I zigged when I meant to zag.

Striver
Striver

August 15th, 2010, 12:26 pm #6

Re-read my post. I said Lao Tzu is an excellent source for Eastern Esotericism.

August 15th, 2010, 2:48 pm #7

Lao Tzu is one of thse I suggested one read if one is interested in ESOTERIC Eastern Philosophy...NOT EXOTERIC EASTERN RELIGION. I would reccomend Lao Tzu tp anyone. I'm going to read my post one more time. Maybe I zigged when I meant to zag.
Regarding whether Taoism is mysticism.

Striver
Striver

August 15th, 2010, 7:10 pm #8

I have discovered that what the Occident views as mysticism, the Orient sees as their science. I know practically nothing about Taoism. It could be that like Buddhism and Hinduism it has its exoteric side. But as I said in my post, the three are so similar (at esoteric levels) that they have, according to Capra, merged.

August 16th, 2010, 3:07 pm #9

It had better start achieving something then, because after 2000 years it appears that Christianity has only encouraged murder, wars and tyranny in return for influence.

Man is a highly evolved animal, but not as highly evolved as he needs to become, I dont think a backward philosophy like a Judaism spinoff is going to be able to do it, based as it is on so many poor assumptions and leaps of credulity.
do you know absolutely that Christianity hasn't done any good in the world? Do you absolutely know for a fact that those who "killed" under the banner of Christianity were Christians? No more than you can prove that the crazy fundemental Jihads are Muslim:

man will use any excuse as to why he is the way he is:

was there any killing or wars before Christianity? Did Christianity really promote war or does it stand as a "defender of peace and truth" however misguided the egos of any religion happen to be in the fallout.

to be a true scientist about it, you would have to PROVE that Christianity has done more evil than good and I don't think anyone can do that by simply looking at the wars of mankind and the "reasons" one gives for them.

War from a carnal perspective is all about "GAIN" of something or protecting the loss of something and using God as an excuse is just that, an excuse.

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life