Is god a rapist?

Is god a rapist?

July 24th, 2012, 8:15 pm #1

Sure sounds like rape...

Long time no see, forum contributors. How's everybody been doing?

-----------------------------------------------
"Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong." -- Christopher Hitchens

Tim
Tim

July 25th, 2012, 8:36 am #2

That's your own image and likeness of your god Doc.

You take care and be kind to others.

Hope all is well.

Tim, in Jesus the Son of God Almighty.

July 25th, 2012, 1:02 pm #3

Sure sounds like rape...

"Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong." -- Christopher Hitchens
BUT on the bright side, 'he' accepts there is more than a one god, with 'his' demand that only 'he' is worshipped.

Control freak?

(Haha! Sorry, had to laugh. related to something earlier elsewhere. )

Eddie!! How are you, oldie matey bloke??

I am mellowing a tad, I believe. I feel my urge to throttle fundies (of all sorts) kinda waning these days.

All my love, Doc. X
Jackie

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

July 26th, 2012, 12:05 am #4

Sure sounds like rape...

Did Mary get a say in her celestial sex with the Almighty?

Did Joseph have to go slops and play the cuckold whether he liked it or not?

Did Mary ever recover from her experiencing the holy spirit to think of Joseph in latter years as kind a boring?

I mean, how do you compare?

Good Doc, same old, same old.

July 26th, 2012, 2:18 am #5

Sure sounds like rape...

Then yeah.

But, if God exists, I just don't see God being that overbearing.

Certain "believers" in God? Oh yeah, and then some.

July 26th, 2012, 3:00 pm #6

light is the stuff we call LIFE...........in other words whatever one calls LIFE ........I and the Bible calls LIGHT

if that is not understood, its not possible to go further in discussion of the Bible God:

but if one understands that LIFE is what the Bible calls LIGHT then it is true that God gives life to the evil and good alike

and evil is the inversion of life meaning evil is nothing more than DESIRE FOR LIFE......

hence everything created is evil because everything created NEEDS LIFE, needs LIGHT

so, if that is clear we can move on

if God didn't fill evil (meaning if he didn't fill the desire for life there would be NO LIFE in either evil or good:

so what is GOOD??

it is the DESIRE and INTENTION TO GIVE LIGHT or LIFE

while evil is the desire to receive LIGHT or LIFE

so if God did't BRING IT ON............there would be NOBODY having this conversation

evil or good

defining Good according to the Bible then is this

are you part of the evil (desire to receive) and good (intention to give) hence the tree of knowledge of evil and good

or just evil (only desire to receive) giving only good to those who are part of who you think you are

or are you also able to give to the evil (desire to receive) in those you don't know or identify with as being part of YOU

GOD gives to both.......so call that what you want since without the light there is NO THEM...........

rejecting the light is suicide and there is a lot of that going around

just getting tired of life and its bullcrap can make you tired of the light....

but there is nothing without the light

here is a hint however

God is working to turn (TRANSFORM) the desire to receive ONLY (ego) to the desire to give and receive or rather to ReCEIVE in order to give

in everyone

this is why some hate God these days

they dont want to give to the jerks out there.......those people that they think have nothing to do with them.........

and if one is part of the desire to receive in order to give then they are of a different mind than those who receive only..............

never even acknowledging that there is a GIVER

yet these same ones who think that they gave themselves life

just can't figure out how to keep it from leaving them....when the time comes

guess there must be a giver if that is true
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 4th, 2012, 12:31 am #7

Does anyone here understand what Y is saying?

She starts of with an absurdity... and one that is "understood" she goes on to extoll more absurdities.

She goes from one dodgy hypothesis to jump a chasm of pseudo profundity to the next wobbly point. After transversing a sequence of "in other words" and "x which means y" to arrive at the desired conclusion of "guess there must be a "giver" if true" (which I certainly couldnt vouch for since I cant verify one link n the chain, little own all of them.

Does any one else feel Y's logic is worth deciphering, or is intentional scamming, or deception by mysticism?

or most likely just a dizzy theist trying to make it all sound logical?

None of it was.

y
y

August 4th, 2012, 1:19 am #8

lucky for you I was just checking in so I can be the first to answer you:)

first, 'never mind' on trying to understand me; aint gonna happen!

second, there is no answer till there is a question and for you there is no quest about the spiritual life, so no answer is possible:

third, I don't need to be understood right now....its a new freedom I have been given and it is making me very happy today: It also means I don't have to understand why you think the way you do and can let you be as much as I can let me off the hook trying to explain myself:

was that any clearer than all that 'other stuff'?

hope so

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 4th, 2012, 7:06 pm #9

We arent given it, and its not something to desire unless we wish to be seen to be a mysticwhich you obviously do.

If you talk in riddles trying to sound complex, you are hoping that later, some of it will be interpreted to have come true.

Then youll say aha! God gave me the answers, forgetting all the crap that didnt come true and will never make sense.

If you dont make sense right now, no one but you is going to remember what you said unless you bring up your lucky hits later.

why not make sense now, itll save you the annoyance of others saying, "you are only claiming you knew what you were talking about", or do you know what you are talking about, in fact?

Id still like to know if anyone else understands your explanations, but it sounds like you take pride in being unintelligible.

I think its generally better to solve mysteries rather than create them.

y
y

August 4th, 2012, 7:51 pm #10

solve the mysteries of life for me.........try it

good news is you don't have to.........I won't really hold you to it

I was able to make sense out of my life by what I was able to discern within my own consciousness

while you love to point out how little I make sense, you are only validating that I truly have had ANOTHER WORLD revealed to me and in me

or it would make sense to those who live in this one

and while mental patients live in their own world too

do they claim to be happy with it and have they found inner peace and joy therein, giving them the truth they can live by?

if so, then who is to say that they aren't better off than those who haven't?

either way, I win with that definition of understanding a reality that you can't seem to wrap your mind around: