Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and acquaintances

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and acquaintances

November 24th, 2011, 11:26 pm #1

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)

Tim
Tim

November 24th, 2011, 11:42 pm #2

Thanks for sharing that.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Bob.

I had a turkey pot pie

November 24th, 2011, 11:57 pm #3

this was the first year none of my immediate family ate turkey.......I haven't eaten meat for over six years but I still made it for my husband and children: This year my daughter has been vegan for several months so my husband ate what we ate which was a bean/rice/stuffing burger with trimmings:

the best part is we all stopped basing our "thanksgiving" based on the world but on what we CREATE within our heart........not what others did to celebrate this day.....I can't just be grateful about that tradition any longer for a long time.

Yet we all should set apart a time for giving thanks for what we are thankful for, whatever it is.........and if there is nothing...........make a tradition to LOOK for something........
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Iceman
Iceman

November 25th, 2011, 12:16 am #4

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone"
(Thanks Kristy)
I had a Buffalo Burger today. I just ain't into gobbleing dead bird.,

Little damp this week, hey? Not much sun on the Sunshine Coast. I really wanted to get over to your side this fall and I know we are welcome. It's just got to be such a horrible hassle to return to the U.S. Everyone is treated like a terroist or illegal here. Sad there is so much fear.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving humor. Ice

November 25th, 2011, 1:41 am #5

Hey ice

Yeah I don't go to the USA any more. Homeland security has me flagged in their database for a pot bust in Canada back in 1970. Some 30 years ago I got a pardon here in Canada and since then I have had high security clearance for my business allowing me to go into very sensitive areas like airport control towers etc - but I am still not allowed into the USA.

I can get a waiver letter which allows me into the USA and is good for a year. I have done that in the past, however it is a major hassel - so many forms to fill out, and also getting my fingerprints from the RCMP here and the FBI in Blaine WN. It is just too intensive, and also costly - I have to pay out cash too.

So now whan I travel every winter, I have to make sure my plane does not touch down in the USA. This is not a problem if I am going east or west, but if I want to go south like to to Central or South America, I usually have to go first to Toronto, and then south from there.

Sorry about the whine - life is good and I am thankful for all the good stuff happening in my life. Again I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

Bob

(Thanks Kristy)

Tim
Tim

November 25th, 2011, 1:54 am #6

what a bunch a babies, who cares if you had some pot.
I had lots of it in the 70's also. Never got busted though, luckily.

I did get a DWI in the early 80's and I here that's a felony in Canada. So if they checked my record I don't know if they would let me in. Was there 2 years ago, and got in with no problems.

Tim

Tim
Tim

November 25th, 2011, 5:12 am #7

this was the first year none of my immediate family ate turkey.......I haven't eaten meat for over six years but I still made it for my husband and children: This year my daughter has been vegan for several months so my husband ate what we ate which was a bean/rice/stuffing burger with trimmings:

the best part is we all stopped basing our "thanksgiving" based on the world but on what we CREATE within our heart........not what others did to celebrate this day.....I can't just be grateful about that tradition any longer for a long time.

Yet we all should set apart a time for giving thanks for what we are thankful for, whatever it is.........and if there is nothing...........make a tradition to LOOK for something........
bean/rice/stuffing burger with trimmings:
-----------------------------------

Trimmings? Like pickles and onions?

Healthy food, I love beans. In fact I'll eat them cold right out of the can
And raw potatoes, with a little salt, its better then apples and way cheaper.

Bro Tim

November 25th, 2011, 6:34 am #8

what a bunch a babies, who cares if you had some pot.
I had lots of it in the 70's also. Never got busted though, luckily.

I did get a DWI in the early 80's and I here that's a felony in Canada. So if they checked my record I don't know if they would let me in. Was there 2 years ago, and got in with no problems.

Tim
not....it is just a matter of time....eventually they will log in everyone's record and those with a criminal record will not be allowed in without having to fill in what they call a 'waiver'...and again, just anoth $500-$1,000 cash grab for the government. a friend of mine cannot go to the U.S. because of an incident, a misdemenor he were involved in sometime in the 70's- or 80's....

All this so called terrorist crap is just a way for government to be Big Brother and truly, we are just a baby step away from some sort of military rule'...come on....what sort of terrorist threat is someone who got caught with a joint etc?

it sucks....truly.

Tim
Tim

November 25th, 2011, 7:28 am #9

I'm not the rule maker Gerard I'm just a bro in Jesus the Son of God.

Bro Tim

Tim
Tim

November 25th, 2011, 5:25 pm #10

is just a baby step away.
Global government of the Beast. Greed power and pride.
Reminds me of my dad. You know the type.

Tim