"God's love"

"God's love"

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 24th, 2010, 9:34 pm #1

Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt.
And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.
And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.
- Gen. 11:4-6

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. - Gen. 12:12

These verses show that the mass murder of innocents, children and animals too, by God is premeditated by God.

And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.
- Gen. 12:29-30

These verses show that the mass murder of innocents, children and animals too, by God is not only premeditated by God but also executed by God. Yet, "God is love".

Interestingly, there's a huge internal contradiction within that part of the story as well:

God tells the Israelites to smear some blood on their doors. That way, when God, full of love no doubt, is going around doing his killing of innocent children, animals and soforth, he'll remember not to kill anything Israelite too.

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -- the bible

February 24th, 2010, 11:26 pm #2

You are beyond human help - as we all are.

Help is on the way for us all, even me

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!" <i>
(Thanks Kristy)
</i>

February 25th, 2010, 1:23 am #3

Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt.
And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.
And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.
- Gen. 11:4-6

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. - Gen. 12:12

These verses show that the mass murder of innocents, children and animals too, by God is premeditated by God.

And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.
- Gen. 12:29-30

These verses show that the mass murder of innocents, children and animals too, by God is not only premeditated by God but also executed by God. Yet, "God is love".

Interestingly, there's a huge internal contradiction within that part of the story as well:

God tells the Israelites to smear some blood on their doors. That way, when God, full of love no doubt, is going around doing his killing of innocent children, animals and soforth, he'll remember not to kill anything Israelite too.

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -- the bible
Or was it men, using God to justify their blood lust?

I'd go with the latter.

Humans wrote the Bible, the Koran, the Tao Te Ching.

"God" gave us discernment and wisdom. We need to separate the wheat from the chaff, the light from the dark ..

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
~ Gensha

Wide Open Bible Forum - - - - Many Paths

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 1:28 am #4

You are beyond human help - as we all are.

Help is on the way for us all, even me

"Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted; Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone!" <i>
(Thanks Kristy)
</i>
As the supposedly inerrant 'word of god' conveys, god condones, instigates and executes acts of cruelty and violence - yet, according to ardent believers, "god is love".

Ergo: ardent believers are either incredibly stupid, wittingly lying or mentally handicapped.

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 1:32 am #5

Or was it men, using God to justify their blood lust?

I'd go with the latter.

Humans wrote the Bible, the Koran, the Tao Te Ching.

"God" gave us discernment and wisdom. We need to separate the wheat from the chaff, the light from the dark ..

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
~ Gensha

Wide Open Bible Forum - - - - Many Paths

I'm referring to the biblical god who supposedly left us its alleged inerrant word in writing.

February 25th, 2010, 1:57 am #6

That the people who compiled the Bible ...

Never had it in mind that any of this writing was sacred or dictated by God.

Only later persons started to worship it.

The Bible NOWHERE specifies ITSELF to be "the WORD OF GOD."

-Vince

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 2:25 am #7

... that ardent believers do no seem to care, or know, what the bible says and does not say, their basic directive seems to be what they themselves say about biblical matters.

February 25th, 2010, 3:06 am #8

I think the Bible's PRIMARY value is in teaching us what NOT to do.

It's like those people, you know, whose lives are shipwrecks. The PURPOSE of their life is to warn others NOT to do what they did.

-Vince

Iceman
Iceman

February 25th, 2010, 3:43 am #9

that the Bible has, or had anything to do with people messing up their lives, or the lives of others. The consequences of not loving and caring, either for one self, or others, generally is chaos of some degree.

There are messages in the bible, but they too are often open to good and bad interpretations. People take what they want, the way they want and when they want it. Obviously, no one else can possibly do the same, or as well.

The old testament which allegedly holds the history and culture of Jewish people is no doubt bloody and ugly. Things really haven't changed much as today their nation is built upon the same butchery as the old testament.

Even the new testament is filled with hate, murder and prophecys of doom and destruction. Most people miss entirely the basic Christ message of reciproscity.

Actually TBT. I think you make good sense.

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 3:49 am #10

... people still haven't learned, do not realize, we do not see things as they are - we see things as we are.