"Free will is over rated"

"Free will is over rated"

February 25th, 2010, 9:37 am #1

Now I would not say so my self but is definately worth a pondering. And ponder I will.

I would just say for now that because i 'see' humnaity as just a one experience of a mass of experiences being 'manufactured' by The Source, then this human experience was given a gift, a tool, whatever, called Free Will. Other 'creations' might not have this gift, choice.

So the 'test' is / was with this 'potential' what are we going to do with it. Evil and good exist within the human experience. Is it a question of free will being it is up to each of us to use 'reason' to choose between the two?

This IS a thinking out loud. And brings with it all sorts of otehr questions ehich i question myself. WHY sould innocent suffer for experience?

But again maybe we need to 'look' at rhe view of the bigger picture.

Was there a wrong turn somewhere in humanity's evoution?
Maybe free will was for another reason altogether.
Should we have been doing other stuff much earlier on (indeed some say we DID do ohter stuff now named "para" normal, etc. Now have lost this gift in the main.

Much to consider.
So the statement free will is over rated brings a whole lot of pondering , for me anyhow, because to try and consider that brings in so much other personal beliefs or personal possibilities.

Biggest thing I would say is WHO or WHAT is this gier of gifts? Truthbeknown, I think, means a Bible type god when he speaks of god. I would see god as a man amde invention. not always a bad thing, but NOT the actual Source.

So if we hear the statement that GOD gave us free will, for me again, it has a vastly different 'meaning' than if I heard, the Source gave us free will, because of the connontations that goes with a rather paranoid and screwed up Bible god / Islamic God, and the conentations that goes with, AGAIN for ME () of a Pure Source, a Great Spirit.

As for:

"he simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Well, yes indeed, very wise words. I guess I personally use the word love, how I see love, yes, I know. But if It feels like love, it is good. If not, then it is not.

So if I read, worship me else be damned, then it is bad.
But I can see the wisdom in being GRATEFUL to a Something I just feel is 'around'. But then I have a kind of life I can be pretty grateful for. Not all have, not by a long shot.........

I feel WE all have to be the necessary change to make life worthwhile and good for all. From where I am standing a long, long process.

I am mumbling on. So now I stop.

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself
Last edited by BlueJudah on February 25th, 2010, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 10:16 am #2

We cannot handle free will. If we could, the world wouldn't be in the state it is in.

As for god "granting us" anything, that would require for that god to exist in the first place and the biblical god is demonstrably a fiction:

... that of which its very nature is self-contradictory cannot, and therefore does not, exist.

You're welcome.

February 25th, 2010, 12:09 pm #3

Now I would not say so my self but is definately worth a pondering. And ponder I will.

I would just say for now that because i 'see' humnaity as just a one experience of a mass of experiences being 'manufactured' by The Source, then this human experience was given a gift, a tool, whatever, called Free Will. Other 'creations' might not have this gift, choice.

So the 'test' is / was with this 'potential' what are we going to do with it. Evil and good exist within the human experience. Is it a question of free will being it is up to each of us to use 'reason' to choose between the two?

This IS a thinking out loud. And brings with it all sorts of otehr questions ehich i question myself. WHY sould innocent suffer for experience?

But again maybe we need to 'look' at rhe view of the bigger picture.

Was there a wrong turn somewhere in humanity's evoution?
Maybe free will was for another reason altogether.
Should we have been doing other stuff much earlier on (indeed some say we DID do ohter stuff now named "para" normal, etc. Now have lost this gift in the main.

Much to consider.
So the statement free will is over rated brings a whole lot of pondering , for me anyhow, because to try and consider that brings in so much other personal beliefs or personal possibilities.

Biggest thing I would say is WHO or WHAT is this gier of gifts? Truthbeknown, I think, means a Bible type god when he speaks of god. I would see god as a man amde invention. not always a bad thing, but NOT the actual Source.

So if we hear the statement that GOD gave us free will, for me again, it has a vastly different 'meaning' than if I heard, the Source gave us free will, because of the connontations that goes with a rather paranoid and screwed up Bible god / Islamic God, and the conentations that goes with, AGAIN for ME () of a Pure Source, a Great Spirit.

As for:

"he simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Well, yes indeed, very wise words. I guess I personally use the word love, how I see love, yes, I know. But if It feels like love, it is good. If not, then it is not.

So if I read, worship me else be damned, then it is bad.
But I can see the wisdom in being GRATEFUL to a Something I just feel is 'around'. But then I have a kind of life I can be pretty grateful for. Not all have, not by a long shot.........

I feel WE all have to be the necessary change to make life worthwhile and good for all. From where I am standing a long, long process.

I am mumbling on. So now I stop.

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself
....reflect Him on earth.

Gen 1:26-27
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (NAS)

Since God is a FREE WILL being He created us with the ability to make free will choices, but REMEMBER in spite of the baloney YOU believe WE are not God because God is PERFECT and UNCREATED whereas you and I were created to reflect God but unfortunately our FIRST PARENTS FREE CHOSE what they shouldn't have chosen BUT they did it FREELY. We didn't evolve into this sad state in which mankind is now, we freely chose to be where we are.

God is NOT CREATED therefore is NOT a man made invention HOWEVER what man 'WITHOUT GOD' has done is created (formed) a god and then given him a personality **BUT** it's NOT the gods personality in REALITY it's the personality of the man WITHOUT GOD.

So define love on how it feels is NOT REAL LOVE because LOVE can FEEL EVEN BETTER if you're high on some particular drugs or even booze. So does that mean REAL LOVE is felt only on substances?

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

February 25th, 2010, 12:14 pm #4

We cannot handle free will. If we could, the world wouldn't be in the state it is in.

As for god "granting us" anything, that would require for that god to exist in the first place and the biblical god is demonstrably a fiction:

... that of which its very nature is self-contradictory cannot, and therefore does not, exist.

You're welcome.
God grants us everything to be able to handle free will properly and it is FOUND in the Scripture. He's even granted us the key to understanding it. Take it.

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (NAS)

You're welcome.

February 25th, 2010, 2:25 pm #5

You're welcome.

Yes, I think you are right. We have been unable inded to handle free will. The state of the world seems beyond 'repair', by humanity anyway. I do get glimpses of hope which I anticiapte, maybe in vain, will amplify.

It is a nice 'thought, that if a certain mass reach a certain critical point then that is enough to bring into force some kind of 'unhuman' assistence.

I am afraid if it really is all just down to us, them I am worried for the fate of Mother Earth and all that relies upon her in the physical experience. But I have gloomy days and more positive ones.

Thanks TBT, I need your way of thinking at times.

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself
Last edited by BlueJudah on February 25th, 2010, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2010, 2:29 pm #6

God grants us everything to be able to handle free will properly and it is FOUND in the Scripture. He's even granted us the key to understanding it. Take it.

3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (NAS)

You're welcome.

Yes, I feel we all indeed can handle free will BUT so few do seem to do so within the human mass, or at least what is called the civilised world.

I have grave doubts that the majority of humanity will be able to bring forth such forgotten memory that indeed is knowledge, including the way to use what is always within.

Many more do so to be doing so and in this I find much comfort. But is it too little much too late?

I want to be Totally positive but cannot be and I feel in this inability I help no one. It seems I just have to see each moment as a New Moment to try again.

Thanks Nuccy

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 3:14 pm #7

You're welcome.

For god to "grant us" anything, it would require for that god to exist in the first place. Unfortunately for ardent religionists, the biblical god is demonstrably a fiction because that of which its very nature is self-contradictory cannot, and therefore does not, exist.

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -- the bible

truthbetold
truthbetold

February 25th, 2010, 3:15 pm #8

Yes, I think you are right. We have been unable inded to handle free will. The state of the world seems beyond 'repair', by humanity anyway. I do get glimpses of hope which I anticiapte, maybe in vain, will amplify.

It is a nice 'thought, that if a certain mass reach a certain critical point then that is enough to bring into force some kind of 'unhuman' assistence.

I am afraid if it really is all just down to us, them I am worried for the fate of Mother Earth and all that relies upon her in the physical experience. But I have gloomy days and more positive ones.

Thanks TBT, I need your way of thinking at times.

Love
Jackie

Know Thyself

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. -- the bible

February 25th, 2010, 5:38 pm #9

You're welcome.
Or are they?

Do we in fact, have "free will"?

Interesting philosophical arguments exist around this, as well as scientific study.

February 25th, 2010, 8:33 pm #10

For god to "grant us" anything, it would require for that god to exist in the first place. Unfortunately for ardent religionists, the biblical god is demonstrably a fiction because that of which its very nature is self-contradictory cannot, and therefore does not, exist.

Your fiction with my facts. Here we go.... soon as some looser antichrist starts losing arguments the talk leaves sensible discussion and ignorance rises. Continue, because I can name call with the best of them except I'm telling the TRUTH.