Evolution is believed by ATHEISTS JB (moved up)

Evolution is believed by ATHEISTS JB (moved up)

April 12th, 2010, 3:50 pm #1

http://www.network54.com/Forum/272761/m ... THEISTS+JB

Athiests like modern evolutionists do not consider God. If Genesis is ALL ALLEGORY as you claim the whole Bible is, then God is ALSO allegorical. So to say that before the world came into existance God filled all in all, would be another contradiction in your confused quackery.

Also for YOU to say that an allegorical God could create a void within His being is to create an assumption that God is imperfect as man is. If God is IMPERFECT JB then all about God can ALSO be imperfect and God would have a need.

Plus if God is powerful enough to create a void with Himself why would He need more than 6 days to do it? Explain JB.

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

April 12th, 2010, 3:59 pm #2

All you've done is made up something and called it a theory. All that does is prove your ignorance. It expalins nothing.

Last edited by Forerunner on April 12th, 2010, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2010, 4:29 pm #3

http://www.network54.com/Forum/272761/m ... THEISTS+JB

Athiests like modern evolutionists do not consider God. If Genesis is ALL ALLEGORY as you claim the whole Bible is, then God is ALSO allegorical. So to say that before the world came into existance God filled all in all, would be another contradiction in your confused quackery.

Also for YOU to say that an allegorical God could create a void within His being is to create an assumption that God is imperfect as man is. If God is IMPERFECT JB then all about God can ALSO be imperfect and God would have a need.

Plus if God is powerful enough to create a void with Himself why would He need more than 6 days to do it? Explain JB.

Is believed by theists.

http://www.theisticevolution.org/

Explanation of the Creation/Evolution Controversy

Those who subscribe to the literal interpretation of the first Genesis creation account and thus support a 7 day creation are generally known as Creationists. Those who subscribe to natural science and thus support an absolute randomized evolutionary process are generally known as Evolutionists.

Between the outspokenness of both extremist groups and the focus of the coverage of the media on these two groups, it is understandable as to why many people believe that there are only two positions that exist in regard to the creation/evolution controversy. However, there is a small variety of positions that would best be described as being middle ground between the two extreme positions.

The point of this web site is to provide an explanation of the middle ground known as Theistic Evolution, as well as why it is a rational theory. An examination of both the theological and scientific perspectives are provided, as well as resources for further research on the topic.

The controversy never should have made it to a scientific level. The crux of the creation/evolution controversy is a literary interpretation and genre-recognition issue: a hermeneutical dilemma.

More details can be located on the Literary Genre page, but suffice it to say here that Genesis chapter one carries within it a deeper meaning than what a literal interpretation can produce. The text was written as a response to the existence of neighboring viewpoints on origins, as opposed to a play-by-play documentary on how God might have created.

Hopefully from a theological perspective within this site you will gain an understanding of the ancient Hebrew culture, the role that analogy played in that culture, as well as an understanding of the role played by the Egyptians and Assyrians in the Genesis creation accounts.

April 12th, 2010, 5:40 pm #4

...a variant form of macro-evolution with a god as creator. If macro-evolution has already been shown to be false because it breaks the laws of science what good would adding a god to it make any difference?

You've learned little in the 8 plus-minus years I've known you Mondo but your brain may be experiencing the second law of thermodynamics.

Plus I see Noob is being hypocritically intolerant of Jack's beliefs that include exposing another person beliefs and THE PERSON PERPETRATING those beliefs. Who does Noob think he is to suppress freedom of speech? I'm sure Noob knows the drill and doesn't want to have the HYPOCRYSY label hanging on him. After all, does Noob have the ins with God on WHO IS ALLOWED to say what about who?

April 12th, 2010, 5:53 pm #5

That evolution belief is not restricted to atheists.

Ultimately Nucc, how this all came about is not provable. We just don't know. There are inferences made, based on the geological column, based on fossils and so forth.

All I am trying to point out is that there are other theories besides "materialist" evolution and Ex Nihilo creationism. Theistic Evolution, Intelligent Design, Panspermia, Lamarckian "evolution" and possibly even more.

As well, the Bible is not a science text. While you may appeal to Genesis -- there is no detail there about "how".

It seems that there have been lifeforms on the Earth in the past that are no longer here (dinosaurs for example), and new lifeforms are continually discovered. Are they created, do they evolve, have they always been here?

I don't pretend to know.

April 12th, 2010, 6:10 pm #6

That athiests believe in evolution and particularly macro-evolution. I persoanlly know of NO THEISTS that believe in evolution other than PROCLAIMED THEISTS without knowledge OR Deists. If atheists embrace evolution and Theists embrace evolution then there is a contradiction based on a LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

I agree there are other theories but the EVIDENCE from ALL SCIENCES points to God, as the Creator MAINLY BECAUSE Creationists don't have to break any laws of science in order to show proof. It is done by proper philosophical reasoning supported by the science of origins.

And please Mondo, don't say you don't pretend to know. After all, you pretend to know secular universalism, but can't prove it any way.

April 12th, 2010, 6:18 pm #7

That's why they are beliefs.

April 12th, 2010, 6:23 pm #8

That's why they ARE known.

JVH

April 12th, 2010, 10:50 pm #9

... they'd be known as knowers, not as believers

Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!

People are intrinsically intelligent

When people are put together, they could become a herd