discussion of atheism, religion; Sam Harris and David Wolpe

discussion of atheism, religion; Sam Harris and David Wolpe

April 19th, 2012, 4:23 pm #1

every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Tim
Tim

April 20th, 2012, 8:39 am #2

Atheist and Catholics and mother Teresa and Rab's are all one group Yvonne.
They voted to have Jesus tortured to death on the cross, in spite of Pontius Pilate's recommendation.

Sorry your confused by it Sis.

They conspire to confuse people. And still today they do.

Take care
Bro Tim

April 20th, 2012, 1:01 pm #3

so like Peter you would have tried to prevent Jesus from going to the cross? I guess when he says to you "get behind me Satan for you mind the things of men and not of God" you would have argued your case more vehemently?

Jesus said no man took his life from him; he laid it down willingly and he takes it up again:

didn't Jesus say Father if the cup could be passed........but he said "not my will but thine" be done?

what Jesus do you know and believe in?

the victim of the Jews??

really?

that doesn't sound like the same Jesus of the Bible

most people don't know that Jesus, so you are not alone
every day is a new day to die to the old and live to the newness of life

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

April 20th, 2012, 2:03 pm #4

Atheist and Catholics and mother Teresa and Rab's are all one group Yvonne.
They voted to have Jesus tortured to death on the cross, in spite of Pontius Pilate's recommendation.

Sorry your confused by it Sis.

They conspire to confuse people. And still today they do.

Take care
Bro Tim

and protestants the ones who left the church?

I understand that half the worlds population of christians are catholic. Is that not the case?

Having left the church, what are you?

April 20th, 2012, 11:30 pm #5

There are a lot of Protestants, and Catholics, and Pentecostals etc etc, who are not Christians according to certain Super Christians, peers of the Holy Ghost ..

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

April 21st, 2012, 1:37 am #6

Christian.

I consider myself mildly Christian, even as an atheist. Anyone who thinks Jesus was magic is probably on the wrong track anyway, bamboozled by false claims of reincarnation if you believe the false christians incorrect claims.

It seems to me that the part of the bible claiming Jesus was a god was added hundreds of years later to sex up the doctrine.

Who'd care what Jesus said if he wasnt offering "live forever" cards?

I've notice the fanatics here implying that you need to believe the bible because (its factual??? no) because you will live forever, only if you do.

Thats just base greed, blinding them. I believe because magic rewards are given. We've seen how they justify that idiocy...

Tim
Tim

April 21st, 2012, 4:09 am #7

so like Peter you would have tried to prevent Jesus from going to the cross? I guess when he says to you "get behind me Satan for you mind the things of men and not of God" you would have argued your case more vehemently?

Jesus said no man took his life from him; he laid it down willingly and he takes it up again:

didn't Jesus say Father if the cup could be passed........but he said "not my will but thine" be done?

what Jesus do you know and believe in?

the victim of the Jews??

really?

that doesn't sound like the same Jesus of the Bible

most people don't know that Jesus, so you are not alone
So what people insisted Jesus be crucified, Jesus' followers?
Or the Rabbi's and their followers?

And what did Jesus say about the Rabbi's and Scribes and Pharisees?
Was Jesus happy about them or very angry about them?

And what is the Babylonian religious system in the world today who worship the mysterious Virgin?

Thanks.

Tim
Tim

April 21st, 2012, 4:56 am #8

Christian.

I consider myself mildly Christian, even as an atheist. Anyone who thinks Jesus was magic is probably on the wrong track anyway, bamboozled by false claims of reincarnation if you believe the false christians incorrect claims.

It seems to me that the part of the bible claiming Jesus was a god was added hundreds of years later to sex up the doctrine.

Who'd care what Jesus said if he wasnt offering "live forever" cards?

I've notice the fanatics here implying that you need to believe the bible because (its factual??? no) because you will live forever, only if you do.

Thats just base greed, blinding them. I believe because magic rewards are given. We've seen how they justify that idiocy...
The Bible makes no claim Jesus is God, or show me where you think it does.

And the ancestors of the old Babylonian warship system a are the Catholics, the Bible makes that clear, and why in Italy, it was still illegal to own a Bible until 1870? The cloak of deception.

And why do you suppose Rome invented and enforced a Trinity in 325 AD and claimed every Pope as the Vicar/Successor of the Jesus/God they Trinitized? World power. And they said to heck with Caesar's we need a Pope/God/man to rule all the earth.

The original Virgin was Nimrods mother/wife, and when she died Nimrod declared her the eternal virgin and that she was to be worshiped. And then May and Jesus appear in history and the Babylonian worship system says, "Oh by the way that Virgin we always worshiped was Mary the mother of Jesus!"
They also refer to her as the Queen of Heaven.

So who do you suppose the old Queen of Heaven was in the OT?
Jeremiah7:18
18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Your welcome

God the Arthur Dent ... and
God the Arthur Dent ... and

April 23rd, 2012, 7:34 am #9

Not a Trinitarian then Tim?

oooh, and you didn't see Jesus saying he was god anywhere in the goathearders book of fantastic fibs for foolish minds ?

Neither did I, but most other Christians did.

I guess we'll just have to put down one more stroke against the bible "clearly" telling people stuff.

How many billion christians (minus the catholics of course) and how many billion misinterpretations of what the book of ignorance really is saying.

When its all down to what you want to believe (faith) then heavens the limit for misinterpretation.

April 23rd, 2012, 9:07 pm #10

http://www.bugman123.com/Bible/JesusIsGod.html

A few verses that Jesus Is who He Is.

And I suggest reading the whole chapter of Jeremiah 7.

Have a good evening.