Can a Christian be Gay?

Can a Christian be Gay?

March 13th, 2010, 3:56 am #1

What does the Bible say about Homosexuality?

Quick Answer - The "labels" of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer, Homosexual and so forth have all come into our language much more recently and are not mentioned anywhere in the original languages of the Holy Scriptures. There are passages that condemn same-sex rape, prostitution and idol worship. We fully recognize this and are in agreement with the Word of God that these actions are destructive and anyone who partakes in these sins without true repentance will not inherit eternal life.

Longer answer:
http://www.imagaychristian.com/truth.html

March 13th, 2010, 4:08 am #2

What???

March 13th, 2010, 4:11 am #3

Huh?

Last edited by Oscar50 on March 13th, 2010, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2010, 4:41 am #4

Oh wait... He's not gay, he's married... cough

March 13th, 2010, 6:17 am #5

I believe that some men are born homosexual, have female traits and some women are born lesbian and also have masculin traits and appearances. Some choose this way of life. Then there are bi-sexuals, transgenders, pedophiles etc.

IMV as a Christian I know that all sexual activity outside of marriage between a man and a woman, is wrong and forbidden by God's law.

I have a male friend who is gay and has never had a sexual relationship with anyone. Many of his friends are gay because he is more comfortable in there prsence. He also has many female friends and I am one of them. He was sexually abused by his minister when he was a boy and all sex disgusts him. So, I think everyone is different and it is impossible to generalize.

Joanne

Striver
Striver

March 13th, 2010, 3:35 pm #6

What does the Bible say about Homosexuality?

Quick Answer - The "labels" of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer, Homosexual and so forth have all come into our language much more recently and are not mentioned anywhere in the original languages of the Holy Scriptures. There are passages that condemn same-sex rape, prostitution and idol worship. We fully recognize this and are in agreement with the Word of God that these actions are destructive and anyone who partakes in these sins without true repentance will not inherit eternal life.

Longer answer:
http://www.imagaychristian.com/truth.html
The Bible says we are Gods. Can God be gay, heterosexual, Lesbian...whatever?

The Bible ways there is in each of us what it calls "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Can the Christ within be gay, straight, whatever?

What is gay, heterosexual etc, is what the Bible calls the body corruptible. This "corruptible" vehicle decomposes and is reabsorbed by space.

If we identify with the body incorruptible, we will see "gay" as a most trivial, TEMPORARY, condition...not a a problem. An aberation? Yes. Men, as a gendr, do not have reproductive organs. The exchange of semen is, it follows, totally stupid. But the emphasis placed upon homosexuality based on a statement made by some poor ignorant, uneducated wretch is asinine. Our planet is but a temporary condensation of space; so small that it cannot even be seen from distant galaxies, so what is homosexuality.

So Lighten-up!!!Compare "gay" to infinity and it recedes into nothingness... less than a dust particle.

I would not come down too hard on gay people. One reaps what one sows. What goes around, comes around. Cause and Effect could force us to "walk a lifetime, maybe several, in homosexual moccasins." Best to concentrate on the mote in our own eye...a full time job.

I am not refering to Mondo's question...a very good one. To whom I'm refering? You know, don't you? Sometimes methinks some Christian dost protest too much. Mondo can explain it better than I, but the is that conditions called Reaction Conversion, or Coversion Reaction. Been a helluva long time since my Crimal Psychology course. I am refering to those ignoramuses who come down so hard on gay people that the suicide rate among homosexual teens is very high. Remember, what goes around comes around. Every imbalance has to be balanced. And ignorance does not give us a pass on every "jot and tittle."

If we identify with our body corruptible, we'll care about homosexuality. If we identify with our body incorruptible, with God, Christ and Holy Spirit within, we won't.

March 13th, 2010, 4:28 pm #7

I believe that some men are born homosexual, have female traits and some women are born lesbian and also have masculin traits and appearances. Some choose this way of life. Then there are bi-sexuals, transgenders, pedophiles etc.

IMV as a Christian I know that all sexual activity outside of marriage between a man and a woman, is wrong and forbidden by God's law.

I have a male friend who is gay and has never had a sexual relationship with anyone. Many of his friends are gay because he is more comfortable in there prsence. He also has many female friends and I am one of them. He was sexually abused by his minister when he was a boy and all sex disgusts him. So, I think everyone is different and it is impossible to generalize.

Joanne
The amount of hypocrisy that people live under in this world is so enormous that all we can do is laugh.

And there is so much tragedy in the world, that we either have to laugh or cry.

Since humor heals, I go with that as much as I can. The crying & mourning come when humor isn't possible.

March 13th, 2010, 8:23 pm #8

Well, when we are able to joke about life altering matters like homosexuality, then I think that we have lost any compassion or understanding for the people who are forced to live lives in hiding because they will be ridiculed about: race, disability, religion, political persuasion, gender preference, a foreign accent or appearance etc. Why not let the gays and others who have been persecuted make fun of themselves first before we start it? There is some movement in that direction but not enough to warrent gay bashing. IMHO. (Not saying that you or anyone else here is doing that, just speaking in general and trying to avoid this from happening.)
This is not Saturday Night Live on TV. It's real life and people can be hurt. In my opinion, homosexuality or heterosexuality are generally not choices that we as humans can make. We are born that way! or...nutured into the role, through childhood sexual abuse.

Joanne

March 13th, 2010, 9:23 pm #9

I have a different opinion and perspective.

Gay Catholic Priests are hilarious, because of the irony an hypocrisy. There's no ridicule of any particular person.

Gay Republicans are hilarious, because of the blatant hypocrisy of how they landed their political positions. There is HUGE amounts of ridicule there, but it is not towards the gay person. It is is toward the dumb-ass right-wing whack jobs that cannot and do not think.

And the recent affair and outing of an Evangelical church leader that is married deserves ridicule. He is lying to himself, his wife, and everyone... His wife is lying on his behalf... All to "save face" because he cannot face the contradictions of his life, his being, his beliefs, and his actions. The man is a walking comic-book character. If he and I were here having a discussion on this subject, I would state the same thing to him. And not as an "attack", but as one person to another trying to understand - "how the ____ do you reconcile all that?"

Also... It is totally inaccurate and unfair to state that gay people are gay because they were abused. They're gay because that's how they were created, for the most part. No doubt there are some that chose that route due to life experience. I have huge doubts that it is in the majority. Actually, I believe that sexual abuse is much more common for heterosexuals than others.

The conclusions that you leap to paint a picture of a very negative and cynical person... Is that who you are and what you want to be?
Last edited by ever-a-newbie on March 13th, 2010, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 13th, 2010, 9:28 pm #10

Well, when we are able to joke about life altering matters like homosexuality, then I think that we have lost any compassion or understanding for the people who are forced to live lives in hiding because they will be ridiculed about: race, disability, religion, political persuasion, gender preference, a foreign accent or appearance etc. Why not let the gays and others who have been persecuted make fun of themselves first before we start it? There is some movement in that direction but not enough to warrent gay bashing. IMHO. (Not saying that you or anyone else here is doing that, just speaking in general and trying to avoid this from happening.)
This is not Saturday Night Live on TV. It's real life and people can be hurt. In my opinion, homosexuality or heterosexuality are generally not choices that we as humans can make. We are born that way! or...nutured into the role, through childhood sexual abuse.

Joanne
Sure, there are homosexuals who were born "that way" but there are a heck of a lot who've simply acquired a taste for it.

As my homosexual friend told me, they like the "life style". That is ... no permanent ties to anyone; they like the adventure of constantly finding new romances and thrills. That's why HE wasn't in favor of having special marriage rights for gays.

It's not atypical for ALL humans to fantasize and for lots to seek sexual exploits but .... are we going to be especially compassionate to those who prefer such a lifestyle? If not .... then let's not spend an undue amount of time catering to homosexuals.

-Vince