Atheist Song - First hymnal for Atheists

Atheist Song - First hymnal for Atheists

August 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm #1

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Tim
Tim

August 30th, 2012, 5:19 am #2

He is such a good comedian but I don't know about his beliefs....

Bro Tim

Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent

August 30th, 2012, 9:15 pm #3

Hopefully he's rational

Tim
Tim

August 31st, 2012, 6:34 am #4

Hopefully more rational then a freak who would hide behind a name like Arthur Dent

Its to bad you can't say who you are Arthur.
You must be a very important person like if you dead there would be media head lines.

You are for media aren't you Arty?

I say your another PUNK who doesn't really give a fuck.

Arthur Dent your the BONE HEAD of the year.

Tim

August 31st, 2012, 4:40 pm #5

I use my real name, Jackie, but that does not mean I am honest and truthful or say right things.

Listen to the words and make of them what you will. IF you need a name, like Jesus, for instance, for a 'truth' then you could and probably have, made one BIG mistake.

I find Arty a most sincere guy who is travelling his own unique path.
Arthur Dent is quite a superb persona, imo!

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
[Ford Prefect:] "Why, what did she tell you?"
[Arthur:] "I don't know, I didn't listen."

Ford stood up. "We're safe," he said.
"Oh good," said Arthur.
"We're in a small galley cabin," said Ford, "in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet."
"Ah," said Arthur, "this is obviously some strange usage of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of."

Hope the morning finds you well, Tim

Love
Pumpkin

Tim
Tim

September 1st, 2012, 8:57 am #6

I'm a little confused in myself right now.

I want to be a more unconditional loving person.
But I don't know how realistic that is concerning this world.

Things pop up in my mind like;
If good men do nothing to stop evil then evil rules the world.

And;
Land of the brave, and home of the free.

If we were all flower children and free and loving, why would Mick Jagger higher Hells Angels for crowd control and let innocent people be stabbed?

Some times it takes an icebreaker to break the ice (not referring to Iceman) and cold rude hard love is what it takes some times.

Your making me think Pumpkin
I like that!

Some males have a different way of showing emotion which may seem caveman-ish do to insecurities and feelings of vulnerabilities.
I can go back and forth, ambidextrous. I can be the most revolting S.O.B. and a most loving kind epithetic person.

I just do my best to see eye to eye, and lend a hand if I can. Even though I may speak as a revolting S.O.B. I am reaching for them to help them. And I know that may sound strange and even abusive, but if your going to get someone out of a mud pit your going to get dirty and muddy. And you will enter their world and see eye to eye and go hand in hand out of that place. THAT IS LOVE!

Bro Tim

September 1st, 2012, 11:36 am #7

First rule is that you live peaceably with all men ... as MUCH as is possible. If someone attacks you, you're within your right to defend yourself by whatever means possible -fast and furious- but you set your mind on living peaceably and not on fighting. Try not to engage in a fight that you have no chance of winning.

Second rule is to UNDERSTAND your "enemy". That is ... if there's no immediate danger of being physically attacked, you question relentlessly to find out WHY your "enemy" has the attitude he/she has.

Third rule is to avoid becoming embroiled in hostile emotional outbursts. If reason gets you nowhere ... walk away from it. Don't let your ego get the best of you; just walk away and leave the silliness. Losing your temper means losing your temper. It's like overheating a leaf spring red hot; it becomes brittle and breakable or bendable and useless as a load holder.

Fourth rule is to use reason and empathy. This is very effective. When you're up against goons, the first thing THEY count on is that you're going to be very scared of them. If you stay calm, don't show fear, demonstrate empathy and calmly ask them the reason for their behavior and then turn it so that THEY are involved in the dilemma that they're trying to perpetrate (ie "do you want your own kids to be victimized in a similar manner" etc.) ... they haven't got an answer and will often go away, leave you alone ... and have to rethink their attitude. The point is that someone who is unthinking and unreasonable has no power left when they're confronted with calm thought and reason. It's always much better to turn an "enemy" into an ally ... than to try and eliminate him ... and then get a lot of retaliation in return.

Fifth rule is that battles are fought and sometimes a war is won but at tremendous cost in bloodshed and suffering ... and then usually it turns out that what you were fighting FOR ... is some shadowy manipulator who stays safely in the background somewhere. While YOU fought valiantly and worthily ... your CAUSE was not worthy at all! In a war, friends turn into enemies and kill each other. They really don't know why; they just believe what they're told. If they were friends BEFORE the conflict ... what changed to make enemies out of friends?

Sixth rule is ... GIVE IT TIME. If you try this, you'll be surprised at the results. Instead of IMMEDIATELY firing back with your tongue, your keyboard, your fists or your gun ... go have a coffee instead and think about how you'll respond. It's amazing how a bit of time can clear your mind and bring up a good response. (This is why I like forums better than instant messaging, LOL). Often, when you give your heated emotions some time to cool, you'll find that you totally misread what the other person was doing.

Seventh rule is to train yourself to always think the best of other people first. Pretend they're just joking and joke back. Talk to them as if you can't quite understand what they're saying because surely ... they WOULDN'T want to hurt you, would they? How many A**holes will openly admit that they want to hurt you for no good reason? Sure, they WANT to ... but they need to get justification and they expect that by bullying, you will give them the justification by attacking back. If you don't ... they don't know what to do next.

So that's seven rules and I rest on the seventh.~~

I don't flawlessly keep my own rules, mind you ... but I do try. I've walked out of tight spots quite a few times.

-Vince

September 1st, 2012, 8:29 pm #8

Good thoughts Vince, for me, especially "Give it time" is great. Same with in personal relationships, sometimes just bite your tongue.

Tim
Tim

September 2nd, 2012, 6:05 am #9

Its better to be the sufferer then the abuser, which is really what it boils down to. And in most situations those are the only chooses because the reality of most situation like that are very petty and superficial.

My rule of thumb is "Count to 10" then let them have it!
But by the time to count to 10 you realize the pettiness of the situation.

That was excellent Vince, great details....

Reasoning is the key, which is nearly impossible with some on the forum.

And as for me, I probably don't seem very reasonable, as I don't take things for face value. But I dissect it and examine it. But that is the way I have always approached every puzzle of life.

I believe there are rational explainable answers to everything, but we just haven't stumbled over them yet. And when I say "stumbled over" I mean sometimes things are so obvious like the noses on our faces we just don't see them.

Tim

September 2nd, 2012, 8:43 pm #10

At first maybe it is faking it, but over time it becomes something ingrained, rising above. It's much healthier.