Advent

Advent

November 28th, 2010, 7:55 pm #1

"Advent is the beginning of the Church Year for most churches in the Western tradition. It begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day, which is the Sunday nearest November 30, and ends on Christmas Eve (Dec 24). If Christmas Eve is a Sunday, it is counted as the fourth Sunday of Advent, with Christmas Eve proper beginning at sundown."

Never knew that. Laura, my daughter, just remined me today to get her Advent Calendar, (well, two actually ), before Wednesday. Countdown to Christmas indeed!

"Advent is marked by a spirit of expectation, of anticipation, of preparation, of longing."

Why just at Advent, I wonder?

Love
Jackie

November 28th, 2010, 7:56 pm #2

This was meant to reply to Pope down a bit.

lox
lox

November 28th, 2010, 8:40 pm #3

"Advent is the beginning of the Church Year for most churches in the Western tradition. It begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas Day, which is the Sunday nearest November 30, and ends on Christmas Eve (Dec 24). If Christmas Eve is a Sunday, it is counted as the fourth Sunday of Advent, with Christmas Eve proper beginning at sundown."

Never knew that. Laura, my daughter, just remined me today to get her Advent Calendar, (well, two actually ), before Wednesday. Countdown to Christmas indeed!

"Advent is marked by a spirit of expectation, of anticipation, of preparation, of longing."

Why just at Advent, I wonder?

Love
Jackie

My Christ mas while many celebrate it every year not knowing that the coming of Christ into my Soul has been and will always be Christ Mas and Mas is MORE!

November 28th, 2010, 9:29 pm #4

I can see that Christ in your life has made you most content.

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

November 29th, 2010, 1:30 pm #5

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality." -- George Bernard Shaw

Let's remember that just because a belief is comforting or consoling does not, in any way, imply that the belief if true.

I'm sure people who insist their doctors lie to them during physicals are also content.

For the time being.

-----------------------------------------------
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan

November 29th, 2010, 1:39 pm #6

Well, I have to admit I was being a bit naughty here with lox. I was being sarcastic, as is my wont at times.

Lox doesn't appear to be the most contented kid on the block.

Your quote? A good 'un.

Love
Jackie