A sad realization: The majority of zealous Christians are liars.

A sad realization: The majority of zealous Christians are liars.

September 14th, 2010, 3:05 pm #1

Lately, I've been surfing around reading "Christian Apologetic" sites that make scientific claims about "young Earth", literal interpretations of Genesis, evolution, the flood, and the like. The amount of mis-information and outright dishonesty on these sites is nothing less than astounding. It appears that much of it is put in place to justify a "hardline" Bibilical viewpoint, nothing more. It's a mantra "we must support the Biblical view, even if we have to be dishonest and promote lies". These are alledgedly Christian people, which would imply that they value honesty, but obviously they do not. Instead they believe in promoting their religious view with propaganda, by whatever means is available.

Hard to tell if it is willful or just ignorance, but the amount of unsupported conclusions, incorrect assumptions, and blatantly incorrect statements is absurd.

No human can really claim that they know what God thinks and believes. But does anyone believe that dishonesty, and intentionally propagating wrong information, is right? Or think that God believes such things are right?

"The truth shall set you free", goes the teaching from the Bible itself. Yet it is nothing less than bizarre to watch the number of people and religious institutions that fear, hide, deny, or otherwise manipulate the truth.

And rather profoundly interesting, is that governments do the same thing.

September 14th, 2010, 3:27 pm #2

I can't do this reply justice. But will try.

I don't understand the mindset either. For example, a global flood is an impossibility. Why is there a need to believe a global flood? Is it an Essential Doctrine of Christianity? I don't see it. Especially when the truth is it is impossible. It never happened, it couldn't and didn't happen.

So why the need to believe in the impossible?

And is it truly believed?

I'm reminded of the verse where it talks about the Sun standing still. Can't remember when or who did it. But no, the Sun did not stand still. The Earth did not stop rotating.

The Red Sea didn't part. Mary wasn't a virgin.

A long time ago I expressed this difficult to a pastor who was good friend of mine at the time, we've kind of just lost touch. He is a youth pastor in an Alliance church. This was at a time that I was trying to be Christian, but just had difficulty with some issues.

He told me that God doesn't expect us to believe what we can't believe intellectually. And we kind of went along with the idea that the Holy Spirit would reveal to us, over time, if something was true or not. But that initially the important thing for a Christian was to follow Jesus' commandments.

I'm digressing a bit. Yet somehow that last sentence stands out.

They've forgotten the message ..

Lurking
Lurking

September 14th, 2010, 3:36 pm #3

Lately, I've been surfing around reading "Christian Apologetic" sites that make scientific claims about "young Earth", literal interpretations of Genesis, evolution, the flood, and the like. The amount of mis-information and outright dishonesty on these sites is nothing less than astounding. It appears that much of it is put in place to justify a "hardline" Bibilical viewpoint, nothing more. It's a mantra "we must support the Biblical view, even if we have to be dishonest and promote lies". These are alledgedly Christian people, which would imply that they value honesty, but obviously they do not. Instead they believe in promoting their religious view with propaganda, by whatever means is available.

Hard to tell if it is willful or just ignorance, but the amount of unsupported conclusions, incorrect assumptions, and blatantly incorrect statements is absurd.

No human can really claim that they know what God thinks and believes. But does anyone believe that dishonesty, and intentionally propagating wrong information, is right? Or think that God believes such things are right?

"The truth shall set you free", goes the teaching from the Bible itself. Yet it is nothing less than bizarre to watch the number of people and religious institutions that fear, hide, deny, or otherwise manipulate the truth.

And rather profoundly interesting, is that governments do the same thing.
It is because you are dishonest?

September 14th, 2010, 3:39 pm #4

Obviously, you must have a reason for stating it. What was dishonest about Noob's post?

Or is it that you just don't like what Noob said?

-----------------------------------------------
"Forget Jesus! Stars died so we all could exist!" -- Lawrence Krauss, astrophysicist

September 14th, 2010, 3:41 pm #5

It is because you are dishonest?
But candy-ass pussy cowards lacking any character that make passive-aggressive attacks behind anonymous posts don't deserve anything but to be called exactly what they are.

Go crawl back under your rock or die in a fire.

September 14th, 2010, 3:53 pm #6

I can't do this reply justice. But will try.

I don't understand the mindset either. For example, a global flood is an impossibility. Why is there a need to believe a global flood? Is it an Essential Doctrine of Christianity? I don't see it. Especially when the truth is it is impossible. It never happened, it couldn't and didn't happen.

So why the need to believe in the impossible?

And is it truly believed?

I'm reminded of the verse where it talks about the Sun standing still. Can't remember when or who did it. But no, the Sun did not stand still. The Earth did not stop rotating.

The Red Sea didn't part. Mary wasn't a virgin.

A long time ago I expressed this difficult to a pastor who was good friend of mine at the time, we've kind of just lost touch. He is a youth pastor in an Alliance church. This was at a time that I was trying to be Christian, but just had difficulty with some issues.

He told me that God doesn't expect us to believe what we can't believe intellectually. And we kind of went along with the idea that the Holy Spirit would reveal to us, over time, if something was true or not. But that initially the important thing for a Christian was to follow Jesus' commandments.

I'm digressing a bit. Yet somehow that last sentence stands out.

They've forgotten the message ..
Not only has the original message been forgotten... It's been replaced by other messages that people will argue and attempt to justify as the original message.

It's that the real meaning of herecy and blasphamy? (rhetorical question... )

September 14th, 2010, 4:01 pm #7

Obviously, you must have a reason for stating it. What was dishonest about Noob's post?

"Forget Jesus! Stars died so we all could exist!" -- Lawrence Krauss, astrophysicist
While I strive to be as honest as I can, I can't make any claims to being perfectly honest. Anyone who would try is a liar.

However, if someone is forthright and questions my honesty I won't hesitate to discuss the issue. First to resolve & correct any misunderstandings and miscommunications, then if it turns out that I did or said something that was dishonest, I'll be the first to admit it and begin making repairations.

September 14th, 2010, 4:02 pm #8

Not only has the original message been forgotten... It's been replaced by other messages that people will argue and attempt to justify as the original message.

It's that the real meaning of herecy and blasphamy? (rhetorical question... )
Noob said: Not only has the original message been forgotten... It's been replaced by other messages that people will argue and attempt to justify as the original message.

Here Here.

One only needs to converse with Jack Howell and Nucc to see that.

Jesus (supposedly) spoke of peace on Earth between all humankind.

Listen to those anarchists, Jesus was a White European who loves warfare and hated poor people, and that to achieve Jesus' "peace on Earth" requires the elimination of all who don't accept their mythology.

As Art says, "Religions of Peace will be the end of us all".

September 14th, 2010, 4:26 pm #9

But candy-ass pussy cowards lacking any character that make passive-aggressive attacks behind anonymous posts don't deserve anything but to be called exactly what they are.

Go crawl back under your rock or die in a fire.
I was thinking it typically hypocritical to question someone's honesty, while lacking the courage to identify themselves.

I haven't checked IP#'s. Doesn't matter who it is. Whoever it is is a coward and is dishonest.

September 14th, 2010, 4:31 pm #10

A dislike for Noob personally, and/or a dislike for what he said.

The ad hominem is the most common form of "Christian" "rebuttal" and "refutation".