Will Barzal report to Seattle?

Will Barzal report to Seattle?

May 3rd, 2012, 8:47 pm #1

Says he's keeping his options open. Hmmm...

http://www.burnabynow.com/sports/Burnab ... story.html

May 3rd, 2012, 10:12 pm #2

they are looking for a trade to a team with a better standing, should be forced to keep their draft and either play it out or lose out!! This is an opportunity and if they are good enough they could enhance a team and draw more potential. There isn't a team in the Dub that hasn't gone through rebuilding seasons for several years, Portland, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Everett, Seattle, Swift Current, Moose Jaw, and if these players are always looking for a 'dream' team to play on, they are not the kind of players you want or need on your team. It is sad that these players are allowed to manipulate a league in that manner.

May 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm #3

They all need to say either play here or don't play. NO TRADES!

May 3rd, 2012, 10:32 pm #4

By him saying that doesn't mean he is looking at NCAA.

May 3rd, 2012, 10:42 pm #5

They all need to say either play here or don't play. NO TRADES!
I will go play in the BCHL for two years, go to North Dakota for one and sign for the max money after that year. The kids have options because college is every bit the viable option to go to pro as the CHL. And when all is said and done, if Seattle was stupid enough to pick a guy who has been talking college for the last two years, that is their problem.

May 3rd, 2012, 10:45 pm #6

To those who are complaining about players holding out until they get traded to a team they want to play for; that the only way its going to change is for that to happen. I didn't say I agreed with it.

May 3rd, 2012, 10:53 pm #7

that can't happen anymore than a business unhappy with an employee choosing to keep him on the payroll and let him go work for the competition while he collects paychecks from you. You are getting nothing for him, he cost you a lot (a high pick) and meanwhile you could have gotten another good employee in return. The worst that happens if Barzal doesn't report is that the Giants or a have team gets him, or he goes to college. But he was talking college for years and I am surprised Seattle woud think landing him would be easy. And lets ask a simple question here. If he was your kid and his decision making was going to determine his future, would you truly just cut him loose and send him to Seattle. 90 percent of their guys went backwards the last two years, they have an inexperienced coach and a GM who is known for players going backward. Would you let your kid go to a shitty college that has a record of careers being halted or tarnished? No, you would send him where you wanted. This is Barzal's hockey college and if he doesnt want to go to the community college of the WHL that is his call. Its no up t him to resurrect a WHL program. Seattle has a year to land him. I suggest they cancel the golf and fishing trips and get to work for the next 15 months.

May 3rd, 2012, 11:59 pm #8

By him saying that doesn't mean he is looking at NCAA.
that bit right below the cited sentence where he states he could definitely see himself in a Seattle sweater in the future.

May 4th, 2012, 2:03 am #9

I think the second half of the quote, envisioning wearing a Seattle jersey, is much more compelling than keeping in his options open, which is standard for kids at this age, in this position. He aslo visited Seattle last weekend.

May 4th, 2012, 4:44 pm #10

Barzal's comments in this post-draft article make it seem as though he's definitely going to report.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... rds04.html