what are some names that you could see being thrown around by the deadline?

what are some names that you could see being thrown around by the deadline?

December 27th, 2011, 6:27 pm #1

I have an idea of some...but perhaps many here might know better following those other teams.

The chances of Weal and Davidson being available is a possibility. Im starting to wonder if we will keep them, and maybe reinforce the product we have...but it might all depend on what other teams in the conference do.

December 27th, 2011, 7:57 pm #2

If Brandon had a capable goaltender I could see them competing with anyone.

December 27th, 2011, 8:52 pm #3

I doubt Pickard is for sale. After missing the playoffs the past two seasons, he's the one big hope we have of getting back to the postseason in a weak bottom half of the Western Conference. I can't see trading him and still making the playoffs. What's up with Anderson? Why is he not working out there? I thought that was a good deal at the time. What did the WKs give up to get him from Leth? I see Brandon called up Curtis Honey. His twin brother Connor plays for the T-birds, maybe you can send us Curtis for starters. Seattle does need forward depth. Got any good 17-18 yr olds who can score?

December 27th, 2011, 9:25 pm #4

Seattle may want too much in return for Pickard---but I'm sure McCrimmon could put together a package of propects and draft choices that would help Seattle down the road. I don't Pickard is enough to get Seattle too far in the playoffs.They have an opportunity to re-stock the cupboards with the assests they would obtain in this type of trade--I'll bet Regina is still wishing they had traded Eberle a couple of years ago.

December 27th, 2011, 10:02 pm #5

I doubt Pickard is for sale. After missing the playoffs the past two seasons, he's the one big hope we have of getting back to the postseason in a weak bottom half of the Western Conference. I can't see trading him and still making the playoffs. What's up with Anderson? Why is he not working out there? I thought that was a good deal at the time. What did the WKs give up to get him from Leth? I see Brandon called up Curtis Honey. His twin brother Connor plays for the T-birds, maybe you can send us Curtis for starters. Seattle does need forward depth. Got any good 17-18 yr olds who can score?
Pulock and Roy are obviously untouchable and Seaman and Walker probably are as well given the high turnover up front Brandon will have next year. If I was McCrimmon, I'd try to pick up a quality tender in exchange for Honey/Anderson, Jordan Fransoo/Rene Hunter, and draft picks.

Not sure that's appealing for Farwell though...

December 27th, 2011, 11:31 pm #6

That's exactly the reason why I WOULD move Pickard. Someone would pay a decent price to grab him, and the Tbirds need some assets to build with.

December 27th, 2011, 11:33 pm #7

I have an idea of some...but perhaps many here might know better following those other teams.

The chances of Weal and Davidson being available is a possibility. Im starting to wonder if we will keep them, and maybe reinforce the product we have...but it might all depend on what other teams in the conference do.

Hopefully returns a 1st and a 2nd rounder, or a 1st and decent prospect.

December 28th, 2011, 12:00 am #8

Nicholls is a 20 right? nm

December 28th, 2011, 6:26 am #9

When pickard was 16 and they had obrien, Greg Scott, Hickey, Rai.....and didn't trade any of them....instead settled for the obvious quick first round exit and then not make the playoffs for 2 straight years. Could have traded those assets to build a team around pickard but didn't.....now you are suggesting they do the same thing (not offload assets) just for the sake of making the playoffs?

December 28th, 2011, 4:49 pm #10

He's a 19 this year. But its anyones guess as to whether or not he returns as a 20. If im Lorne, i dont take that risk unless i personally speak to Nicholls about not reporting(like Calvert did) or to the Leafs brass about keeping him in junoir for one more year. Unless Molleken can pull off what i listed above, it would be absolutely stupid not to trade Nicholls.

Personally, i would trade Siemens as well. Him and Nicholls combined should bring back a huge return. There is a good chance os Siemens returning next year, but he has struggled a bit and i think his return value would outwiegh his playing value.