Warriors' cuts...

Warriors' cuts...

September 9th, 2011, 2:46 am #1

Interesting to see the Warriors heading into the weekend with 3 defensemen -- 2 17y/olds and a 16 y/old-- and two goalies in camp...

Don't really see the point of cutting 2 d-men today. With 5 guys away at camps and Reilly out for a couple weeks, it's a little puzzling!

And, with a deal for a vet goalie already made, apparently... Why not get the younger guys into a couple more games? Stone is a lame duck at this point, unfortunately.

No big deal, really... Just odd.

September 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm #2

If they are not going to make the team most GM's let them go so they can get registered and started in school wherever they are3 going to play.

September 9th, 2011, 6:17 pm #3

1) They were cut on Thursday and the Warriors play Friday and Saturday... They likely wouldn't have missed any more school.

and
b) Since when did WHL GM's actually care about a day or two of school. I mean, ACTUALLY... Not the league propaganda. Sure, overall there's emphasis on school, but having a kid miss a couple days isn't going to lose a GM any sleep.

Again... No big deal. Just odd.

September 9th, 2011, 7:03 pm #4

Interesting to see the Warriors heading into the weekend with 3 defensemen -- 2 17y/olds and a 16 y/old-- and two goalies in camp...

Don't really see the point of cutting 2 d-men today. With 5 guys away at camps and Reilly out for a couple weeks, it's a little puzzling!

And, with a deal for a vet goalie already made, apparently... Why not get the younger guys into a couple more games? Stone is a lame duck at this point, unfortunately.

No big deal, really... Just odd.
Any word on who that might be ??? 19 or 20 year old ?
Thoughts ???

September 9th, 2011, 8:50 pm #5

Overheard at the Pats/Warriors' game last Saturday that a deal has been made, but won't be announced until after NHL camps return players involved... Who's to say if there's any truth, but the "source" is a pretty good one.

I don't think it matters if it's a 19 or 20-- Paradis or Lyon would/could go if it's a 20, and McCrea could stay, IMO. (Svenson doesn't make the team in my world... No 20 y/o Euros who don't put up over a point a game.) As long as the goalie is a bona-fide #1, we can let go of McFaull, a 96, and/or a draft pick...

(Warriors don't want to give up McFaull, though. Could be interesting to see where they cut/trade on D.)

September 9th, 2011, 9:53 pm #6

I now know who you are for the first time even.

It finally makes sense to me.

Very nice.

About the post. Not sure if there is such a thing as a done deal when they are waiting for players to return.

It is odd that those players were sent packing "but" if they weren't going to make the team then don't burn them in preseason games. If that is in fact the thinking behind sending them home than I am all for it. I think players and parents would respect an organization that truely has the best interest of the players in mind when they draft them. This league is suppose to be about doing what you can to help these players make it to the next level, first and foremost. I think that the WHL in years past has really turned too much into a profit driven league and frankly that turns me off a bit.

If a kid is better suited to go the college route than tell him and let him go. Invite him to camp and see if there is a change next year but if he still isn't ready than let him go and don't burn his college bridges.

Anyway, not sure if that happened in this case but it is very "odd" just as you mentioned. Only 3 dmen going into the games this weekend is going to pose a problem.

Good luck to Tremblay/Stone this weekend. OUCH.

September 9th, 2011, 11:37 pm #7

1) They were cut on Thursday and the Warriors play Friday and Saturday... They likely wouldn't have missed any more school.

and
b) Since when did WHL GM's actually care about a day or two of school. I mean, ACTUALLY... Not the league propaganda. Sure, overall there's emphasis on school, but having a kid miss a couple days isn't going to lose a GM any sleep.

Again... No big deal. Just odd.
Take it from someone who has had two sons play in the WHL, the teams they played for, (Tigers and Ice) both had lots of concern about school. Unless you have personal knowledge with your sons maybe think before you try to be the big know it all. Maybe it's that way for your team but that has not been my experience or the experience of many parents we know. Go back a few weeks and check the post I sent you after you were mouthing off about Alberta police and the Bell accident. You'll see what I think of your attitude.

September 10th, 2011, 6:13 am #8

Wow.

Which post was that? Alberta police? Bell? Mouthing off? Hmmmm!?!?!

Not me, but thanks for your input. I'll take all my info from you from now on. Thanks for coming.

September 11th, 2011, 9:10 pm #9

"Then it makes the local police look even worse, IMO................
by CHIEFS-COP
If they were that close and couldn't get an officer to the scene in a 'timely matter', shame on them.

I guess what I was saying (again not applying my laws up there), if the kid was alledgly driving 100 k/m over the posted limit...............that's enough for me to charge him with the maximum possible. No one drives that fast without somekind of knowledge that something bad could happen.

Obviously, I don't know the kid and wasn't there at the scene but, if it's me (as an Accident Reconstructionist)............I'm charging high and sticking with it. If the reconstruction was done properly the charge is only a formality. The science, all by itself, serves as the judge and jury..........if done properly."

CC

September 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm #10

Wow.

Which post was that? Alberta police? Bell? Mouthing off? Hmmmm!?!?!

Not me, but thanks for your input. I'll take all my info from you from now on. Thanks for coming.

"Don't be an idiot. Why in the world would you take it upon yourself to criticize another police force, especially one in another country, on a stupid hockey forum that has degenerated to the level of sewer rats? You, of all people, should take the high road and show a little professional courtesy here. Maybe you don't understand professional courtesy in your little department in Spokane but where I come from we get enough flak from the idiots and jerks out there so we don't add to the problem by commenting on the actions of other police officers. The facts are: you were not there, you have no idea about the system here and if you had a clue you would understand that the prosecutor has agreed to a plea bargain with the defence council here. the investigators would have nothing to say about it. Also, as you should know, if you are a real cop and not a security guard,the media loves to twist things around when it comes to the police so don't believe everything you see in the news or from some idiots on this forum. The original charges were Criminal Negligence Causing Death, which is the same as Vehicular Homicide in your country, the fact the prosecutor is quoted as saying they felt the lower charge was more appropriate is no reflection on the investigation or the quality and capabilities of the investigators. Also, regardless of the comments of some others on here who like to be experts on everything, the accident did happen in a rural area where the driver/accused, who had severe leg injuries, had to walk/crawl over a mile to a house to get help. He was then taken to hospital by ambulance where a blood test was taken and turned over to police. The readings were publicised and he was impaired. The appropriate charges were laid by the police. It was the prosecutor's office that cut a deal, the cops have nothing to do with these cases after it goes there. It is a very sad situation, an 18 year old girls lost her life and her family lost her. The accused was guilty of a serious offense and whether his status as an athlete had a bearing on his case is above your pay grade and mine my friend. Think before you comment, I aloways thought you were one of the smart ones on here but you crossed a line here my friend. I am the first one to recognize the police are not always right either, seems to me the Spokane Police have had their share of screwups too but I don't go shooting my mouth off until I have all the facts, it is unprofessional at best, especially when you like to tell everyone what you do with your internet name. I have to question if you really are a cop."