Victoria Royals Logo and Jersey Color inside

Victoria Royals Logo and Jersey Color inside

June 20th, 2011, 4:47 pm #1

June 20th, 2011, 5:25 pm #2

Sorry sounds too baseballish to me. Not at all like a hockey team.

June 20th, 2011, 5:48 pm #3

And it has ties to the Island too. The Island has always been closely tied to the Monarchy. The colours are ok, a little bit of maroon would have made it look nicer though.

Either way, I wish the franchise well.

June 20th, 2011, 5:58 pm #4

nm

June 20th, 2011, 6:51 pm #5

Actually the new logo and jersey are pretty sharp and have gotten a good response it seems thus far. Nice design all around.
We where are a little concerned after the RG Properties disaster, of the Salmon Kings name and logo.

Isladers was a popular choice and wouldnt have been a bad move.

June 20th, 2011, 7:06 pm #6

I like the design as well. I like the team name as well.

June 20th, 2011, 7:25 pm #7

Actually the new logo and jersey are pretty sharp and have gotten a good response it seems thus far. Nice design all around.
We where are a little concerned after the RG Properties disaster, of the Salmon Kings name and logo.

Isladers was a popular choice and wouldnt have been a bad move.
Not saying this is the case, but when you use a team name that has already been used in the same league, there are sometimes legal issues that need to be worked through.

The WHL already had a team named the Islanders (Nanaimo Islanders, early 80's) and it is possible that somebody (current/former owners of the franchise perhaps) still owns the rights - trademarks, copyrights, etc - to that name for WHL purposes. If so, then Victoria's owners would need to purchase the name from whoever owns it. Sometimes, it's easier just to name your team something else than to go through that hassle.

June 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm #8

nm
You could say "why not Victoria ______" fill in the blank for alot of names. IMO this name has some meaning, it sounds good, and i love the colors and logo. To be honest i think it was a little more original than the Bruins logo.

June 20th, 2011, 8:26 pm #9

I can't look at the logo without thinking of the Royal Bank of Canada logo

June 20th, 2011, 9:37 pm #10

Not saying this is the case, but when you use a team name that has already been used in the same league, there are sometimes legal issues that need to be worked through.

The WHL already had a team named the Islanders (Nanaimo Islanders, early 80's) and it is possible that somebody (current/former owners of the franchise perhaps) still owns the rights - trademarks, copyrights, etc - to that name for WHL purposes. If so, then Victoria's owners would need to purchase the name from whoever owns it. Sometimes, it's easier just to name your team something else than to go through that hassle.
Nanaimo might want the name back when they get their WHL franchise in the near future.