Tyler Maxwell Requests trade from Tips, has been sent home

Tyler Maxwell Requests trade from Tips, has been sent home

November 8th, 2011, 11:20 pm #1

via Herald writer Nick Patterson's Twitter account...

NickHPatterson Nick Patterson
Bombshell alert. Tyler Maxwell, #Silvertips all-time leading goal scorer, requests trade, sent home.

November 8th, 2011, 11:29 pm #2

The Tips have been working harder this season than the last two...at least it seems that way from the outside...and as someone noted, Maxwell had been stripped of his "A" recently. In addition, remember earlier in the season, he was specifically picked out as a "veteran" who needed to show more leadership and work harder than the effort he was giving.

Maxwell isn't a play maker who can create his own opportunities, he is someone who does have a nose for the net and put on a line with a play maker could have a great season for someone. That being said, if I'm the Tips and don't like the offers I'm getting, I just let him sit out. After all, he's the one who chose to leave.

November 8th, 2011, 11:55 pm #3

For some secondary scoring specially when Etem is gone when the World Juniors hit there gonna need some to play with Shinkaruk Maxwell a former 41 goal scorer any team would be lucky to add him

November 9th, 2011, 12:08 am #4

Bombshell alert. Tyler Maxwell, #Silvertips all-time leading goal scorer, requests trade, sent home.
My first response is that he is a quitter, but when I look at his situation I guess I have to look at it from his point of view. This is his 20 year old season and he is on a team that is rebuilding and not winning any games. The Tips probably won't make it to the playoffs. Most likely he won't be playing pro and he can't play in the NCAA, so this is it for him.

November 9th, 2011, 12:17 am #5

For some secondary scoring specially when Etem is gone when the World Juniors hit there gonna need some to play with Shinkaruk Maxwell a former 41 goal scorer any team would be lucky to add him
is that Maxwell is a 20 year old and in order to add him they'd have to trade Grbavac in return. I'd think he'd (Grbavac) be more movable than Konan or Bettauer.

Personally I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was the Tigers, but with Grbavac wearing the C he is/would be overvalued despite not being a true top six forward as a 20 year old.

November 9th, 2011, 1:21 am #6

Its not a good fit for the Tigers at this point. They might need scoring down the road, but to keep it short All 3 20's are more valuable to the tigers team than what another team would pay for.

November 9th, 2011, 1:25 am #7

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201111 ... -sent-home

Bombshell: Tyler Maxwell requests trade, sent home
Nick Patterson

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 | 4:45 pm

The Silvertips were already reeling from a rough road trip. And now they'll have to move forward without the franchise's all-time leading goal scorer.

Overage winger Tyler Maxwell, who became the franchise's career goal-scoring leader less than a month ago, has requested a trade. The team responded by sending Maxwell home, where he will wait while the Tips try and accommodate his trade request.

Maxwell was prolific during his three-plus seasons with the Tips, potting 107 goals in 216 games. The Manhattan Beach, Calif., native set a new franchise record on Oct. 16 when he scored twice in a 6-3 victory over Tri-City, surpassing the previous record of 100 held by Shane Harper.

Maxwell declined to comment about the situation, so we've only got one side of the story. But Tips general manager Doug Soetaert made it sound like Maxwell wasn't really interested in being part of a rebuilding team, and that Maxwell subsequently wasn't being a positive influence in the dressing room. Everett has had players request trades in the past who weren't sent home, so the team's actions in this situation are a departure from the norm.

I have to admit I didn't see this one coming. While one always has to wonder how veterans, particularly overagers, are going to react to being on a rebuilding team, this still came as a surprise.

It's a tough blow for Everett. The rebuilding Tips have a limited number of offensive options this season, and Maxwell has proven ability to put the puck in the net. I'm not sure how the Tips are going to replace the lost production.

While Soetaert said he would try and accommodate Maxwell, he put no timetable for making a trade. Trading Maxwell is complicated by his being an overager, as every team in the league now has its full complement of three. A player who's sent home is also going to bring less of a return. It's just a tough situation all around.

November 9th, 2011, 1:31 am #8

Its not a good fit for the Tigers at this point. They might need scoring down the road, but to keep it short All 3 20's are more valuable to the tigers team than what another team would pay for.

The Hawks could certainly use him. He's WAY better than any of our 20's. The thing is, we'd probably mortgage our entire future in getting him.

November 9th, 2011, 1:41 am #9

Svendsen. Mcdonald and a 4th for Maxwell and Dolnik

November 9th, 2011, 1:59 am #10

as much as i like the deal, svensson isnt going anywhere he has no value hurt...