so who gets drafted, and where?

so who gets drafted, and where?

June 21st, 2012, 9:06 pm #1

I can see Winther going higher than projected, same with the Calgary goalie, and I see Murray falling...but only a little bit.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Volek passed completely.

June 21st, 2012, 11:24 pm #2

Murray i think is a mirror image of Thomas Hickey(4th overall, 0 games in nhl) May make a great NHLer, may not. Its a risky one IMO.

Rielly no question has incredible offensive talent that would have any defense coach salivating. However that big injury last season has to be a concern. Do you use a top pick on this guy? Also a risky one.

Dumba IMO(and this will sound crazy) Is the safest bet out of the big 3 from the WHL. People say his lack of size will work against him, i disagree. He loves to play physical and will fight(moreso than the other 2 listed above) His defensive game needs work, but pair him with a stay at home and he will succeed.

Dalton Thrower - Tough to give my opinoin on this guy without being biased. He is great defensively and offensively. He had a breakout year and looked as good as the others listed above. I see him play alot and would take him pretty high if i needed a solid D-man. The other guys listed are offensively better, but Thrower is the toughest out of the 3(which NHL teams WILL like)

The Oilers HAVE to take Yakupov. I know they need D, But Yakupov is too good to pass up. If the chance arises, trade the 1st overall for the 5th overall and a 2nd line shut down guy (then draft Dumba)

In this draft Yakupov and Grigorenko are the most NHL ready. There is alot of hyp around younger Subban the goalie, but i havent seen much of him. Drafting goalies real high has bit some teams in the but(Islanders)

June 22nd, 2012, 1:24 am #3

?

June 22nd, 2012, 3:49 am #4

clearly not enough.

June 22nd, 2012, 4:24 am #5

Nothing flashy - but consistent and always positions himself well.
When a breakaway or wayward pass looks like impending doom,
Ryan is already enroute. He is usually right place, right time.
Obviously, he has lots of natural talent, but still needs one more WHL season.
(please)

June 22nd, 2012, 4:36 am #6

You watch him play every game.We have pepper carrot who knows everything about murray from hundreds and hundreds of miles away.He only has to watch a player for minutes and can tell you anything you need to know.Thank you for the input though woody.To infinity and beyond.

June 22nd, 2012, 5:23 am #7

Murray i think is a mirror image of Thomas Hickey(4th overall, 0 games in nhl) May make a great NHLer, may not. Its a risky one IMO.

Rielly no question has incredible offensive talent that would have any defense coach salivating. However that big injury last season has to be a concern. Do you use a top pick on this guy? Also a risky one.

Dumba IMO(and this will sound crazy) Is the safest bet out of the big 3 from the WHL. People say his lack of size will work against him, i disagree. He loves to play physical and will fight(moreso than the other 2 listed above) His defensive game needs work, but pair him with a stay at home and he will succeed.

Dalton Thrower - Tough to give my opinoin on this guy without being biased. He is great defensively and offensively. He had a breakout year and looked as good as the others listed above. I see him play alot and would take him pretty high if i needed a solid D-man. The other guys listed are offensively better, but Thrower is the toughest out of the 3(which NHL teams WILL like)

The Oilers HAVE to take Yakupov. I know they need D, But Yakupov is too good to pass up. If the chance arises, trade the 1st overall for the 5th overall and a 2nd line shut down guy (then draft Dumba)

In this draft Yakupov and Grigorenko are the most NHL ready. There is alot of hyp around younger Subban the goalie, but i havent seen much of him. Drafting goalies real high has bit some teams in the but(Islanders)

and to think you actually watch hockey . Murray wil be top 3 Rielly top 10 and possibly top 5 and theres nothing wrong with his knee. your boy thrower maybe late 2nd round but probably lower.

June 22nd, 2012, 5:33 am #8

Ryan Murray is NOTHING like Thomas Hickey. He is much more talented, and is a better leader off of the ice.

Remember... Most analysts originally had Hickey supposed to be at the tail-end of the First Round at best before he became a surprise 4th overall pick.

Murray, on the other hand, has been a Top 10 caliber talent by analysts for a while, with most suggesting Top 5.
------------

If a NHL team wants an all-around defenseman that does all of the little things right, makes few mistakes, can distribute the puck to the offensive players, and is a good role model both on & off the ice... choose Murray.

If a NHL team wants a defenseman that likes playing physical and plays larger than his size... choose Dumba.

I think Rielly is behind both of those guys, in regards to overall talent potential in the NHL at this stage of their budding careers.
------------

I also disagree with your Nail Yakupov comment. I think he is good enough to pass up. Personally, based on a sample of games in which these top prospects have played, I would pick Filip Forsberg over Yakupov. Forsberg is not just a great talent, but he seems to do a much better job of making the players around him play at a much higher level. In contrast, Yakupov reminds me a lot of Ovechkin... a great scorer who does not make the players around him play at a higher level. That is why I think Forsberg is the safer, and in the long-term better, choice than Yakupov.

June 22nd, 2012, 5:55 am #9

Reilly top 4,and PP guy....Dumba top WINGER...not Dman at all...IF YOUR SCOUTS HAVE A CLUE...
KASE KLOSED

June 22nd, 2012, 3:53 pm #10

Nothing flashy - but consistent and always positions himself well.
When a breakaway or wayward pass looks like impending doom,
Ryan is already enroute. He is usually right place, right time.
Obviously, he has lots of natural talent, but still needs one more WHL season.
(please)
Murray is a very safe pick. Good and safe. Intelligent and a great skater...in today's NHL that makes him the prototype Dman everybody wants. I have no doubt Edmonton want him, but probably not at #1. Therefore I can see them trading down a spot or two to surrender the #1 to someone who has a serious hard-on for Yakupov.