Seattle is gonna be an NHL home very soon

Seattle is gonna be an NHL home very soon

February 9th, 2012, 2:50 am #1

It is getting closer to becoming a reality. The Kings could be the Sonics by fall. The Coyotes could be close behind if the deal for a building is signed. Deep pocketed Hedge fund manager has purchased the land to build a multi use facility just south of Safeco. He met with Stern a year ago and has met with Seattle leaders for the same amount of time with the plan of building the facility without public money. It's going to happen.

Go Sonics, Seahawks, Sounders, Mets and Mariners!

February 9th, 2012, 3:37 am #2

for the TBirds?
Respect...

February 9th, 2012, 3:38 am #3

It is getting closer to becoming a reality. The Kings could be the Sonics by fall. The Coyotes could be close behind if the deal for a building is signed. Deep pocketed Hedge fund manager has purchased the land to build a multi use facility just south of Safeco. He met with Stern a year ago and has met with Seattle leaders for the same amount of time with the plan of building the facility without public money. It's going to happen.

I would love to see Seattle get a chance. It is the most deserving market the NHL hasn't looked at yet.

February 9th, 2012, 3:54 am #4

for the TBirds?
Respect...

I like the T-Birds name and logo better but it currently taken by a WHL team. It would be better if Kent took a new name for their WHL team.

February 9th, 2012, 4:04 am #5

I would love to see Seattle get a chance. It is the most deserving market the NHL hasn't looked at yet.
Were talking a few weeks ago while watching some hockey game, and for some reason, we started talking about Seattle, and why they don't have the NHL there. Because it seems like it would be a good hockey market, and they can support NFL, MLB, and NBA. Not sure what happened with the Sonics. It was only a few weeks ago that I even realized that they don't have them anymore.

February 9th, 2012, 4:22 am #6

If you are wondering about the Sonics, I would encourage you to watch this film. It's two hours, but all on Youtube in one video. It's made by the fans explaining it, and I really enjoyed it. Not being an NBA fan myself, I still was able to follow it and understand what they were talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Dp20ydm1E

February 9th, 2012, 4:54 am #7

Called Sonicsgate n/m

February 9th, 2012, 5:16 am #8

February 9th, 2012, 5:23 am #9

Only way to go. Green and White jerseys with the classic logo.

February 9th, 2012, 5:29 am #10

For a good nickname!