Not WHL related!!! If you did not see the Preakness Stakes horse race today

Not WHL related!!! If you did not see the Preakness Stakes horse race today

May 20th, 2012, 3:34 am #1

you missed not only a great horse race, but you could have seen one of the greatest examples of determination that I have ever seen. The Canadian horse, **I'll Have Another** won his 2nd consecutive race in the chase for the Triple Crown. That may not be your bailiwick but if you watch the entire race you will see a Jockey and his Horse pull off not just the penultimate finish, but the absolute and completely most beautiful race I have ever watched.
The Canadian horse and Vancouver trained jockey (Mario Guitierrez) ran a near perfect race. They holed up in the 3 - 4 - 5 position and just chilled out and stalked the race leader, and Kentucky Derby and Preakness favorite, Bodemeister. When the horses exited the final turn, the relaxed and ready to rip, I'll Have Another, ran down and caught the pre-race favorite Bodemiester at the wire.
I don't usually rant about a friggin horse race, but if you watch the race in it's entirety, you have to not only enjoy the power of I'll Have Another's finish, but marvel at the jockeys understanding of his horses capabilities when they run down and pass Bodemeister at the wire.
I realize that horse racing is about the tenth most interesting sport but watch the entire race and see a thing of beauty and the art of timing unfold. This race more than any other I have ever watched enlightened me to the intricacies of horse racing. The long and short of my dissertation is watch this race and pay attention to I'll Have Another's jockey's strategy.
Watch the entire race but pay particular attention at about the 2:12 section of the video and watch the beauty and indeterminable spirit of a Canadian horse and jockey. Then at approximately 2:25 in the race, pay attention to the the determination and absolute heart of a true Canuck as they win out in the end of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYKU1eEfR4

May 20th, 2012, 5:01 am #2

nm

May 20th, 2012, 5:05 am #3

NFM

May 20th, 2012, 5:05 am #4

you missed not only a great horse race, but you could have seen one of the greatest examples of determination that I have ever seen. The Canadian horse, **I'll Have Another** won his 2nd consecutive race in the chase for the Triple Crown. That may not be your bailiwick but if you watch the entire race you will see a Jockey and his Horse pull off not just the penultimate finish, but the absolute and completely most beautiful race I have ever watched.
The Canadian horse and Vancouver trained jockey (Mario Guitierrez) ran a near perfect race. They holed up in the 3 - 4 - 5 position and just chilled out and stalked the race leader, and Kentucky Derby and Preakness favorite, Bodemeister. When the horses exited the final turn, the relaxed and ready to rip, I'll Have Another, ran down and caught the pre-race favorite Bodemiester at the wire.
I don't usually rant about a friggin horse race, but if you watch the race in it's entirety, you have to not only enjoy the power of I'll Have Another's finish, but marvel at the jockeys understanding of his horses capabilities when they run down and pass Bodemeister at the wire.
I realize that horse racing is about the tenth most interesting sport but watch the entire race and see a thing of beauty and the art of timing unfold. This race more than any other I have ever watched enlightened me to the intricacies of horse racing. The long and short of my dissertation is watch this race and pay attention to I'll Have Another's jockey's strategy.
Watch the entire race but pay particular attention at about the 2:12 section of the video and watch the beauty and indeterminable spirit of a Canadian horse and jockey. Then at approximately 2:25 in the race, pay attention to the the determination and absolute heart of a true Canuck as they win out in the end of the race.

Was it a Canadian horse and jockey, like they were born in canada and raised in canada and eat in canada and sleeps in canada and craps in canada? Just want to make sure they are canadian from canada. I think we should all bow down to canada and observe a moment of silence in honor of canada and belt out a beautifil canadian rendition of oh canada.......

May 20th, 2012, 5:07 am #5

Last triple crown winner back in 1978. I think there has been about six or so horses that have won the first two races but have come up short in the third race since than. That third one is the longest race of the three which could explain that.

May 20th, 2012, 5:19 am #6

Was it a Canadian horse and jockey, like they were born in canada and raised in canada and eat in canada and sleeps in canada and craps in canada? Just want to make sure they are canadian from canada. I think we should all bow down to canada and observe a moment of silence in honor of canada and belt out a beautifil canadian rendition of oh canada.......
Mario Gutierrez (born c. 1987 in Veracruz, Mexico) is a Mexican born Canadian Thoroughbred horse racing jockey who won the 2012 Santa Anita Derby, Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes aboard I'll Have Another, a colt owned by Windsor, Ontario, native J. Paul Reddam and his wife Zillah. From: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Vancouver horse racetrack where he was a jockey is right in back of the Giants home rink (Pacific Coliseum).

May 20th, 2012, 5:27 am #7

Last triple crown winner back in 1978. I think there has been about six or so horses that have won the first two races but have come up short in the third race since than. That third one is the longest race of the three which could explain that.
Montreal won the Stanley Cup May 14, 1977...

May 20th, 2012, 5:29 am #8

After winning by a neck, I'll Have Another is one win away from immortality. If he can beat the field at the Belmont Stakes (Saturday, June 9) he will become the first horse to win the Triple Crown since Affirmed in 1978.

Since that year, 11 horses have won the first two legs of the Triple Crown, only to have their legacies altered by losses at the Belmont. But although it hasn't been done in 34 years, I'm expecting I'll Have Another to pull off the feat.

The 1.5-mile Belmont is the longest race of the Triple Crown, and with I'll Have Another's tendency to build up steam, he should be in a great position late.

In addition to his favorable style, he also appears to have fate on his side. His margins of victory1.5 lengths at the Kentucky Derby and a matter of inches in the Preaknessare exactly the same as Affirmed's when he won the Crown back in '78.

Whether you believe in destiny or not, it seems like nothing can stop I'll Have
Another from making history this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1189 ... -the-field

May 20th, 2012, 5:40 am #9

Montreal won the Stanley Cup May 14, 1977...

That happened May 15, 1977. The next year the Memorial Cup final was May 13, 1978. Previous to that it was May 16, 1976 and May 11, 1975. So considering the junior leagues are playing one more round now compared to what it was it is only not even two weeks more. Big difference in regards to the NHL is they have a additional round but have done away with back to back games. The first two games of each series and next two games were on back to back nights so basically four games in five days back than while now it takes eight days for four games and now sometimes there is two days off between some of these games. That is pushing a extra month of hockey onto the plate with only one additional round.

May 20th, 2012, 5:45 am #10

n