not happy

not happy

April 7th, 2012, 1:43 am #1

did anybody see the check boy what a way to start a game

April 7th, 2012, 1:57 am #2

but it was a good call !! Etem gone for this game and since a 5 mins major probably gone for the next game also. This touted as the big series, sure have to wonder if this is going to be the turning point of this series.

April 7th, 2012, 2:17 am #3

no surprise on my end.

Someone should tell these mickey mouse officials that this is the playoffs, not an every day regular season jackoff fest.

April 7th, 2012, 2:48 am #4

but it was a good call !! Etem gone for this game and since a 5 mins major probably gone for the next game also. This touted as the big series, sure have to wonder if this is going to be the turning point of this series.
Disagree. I am a tiger fan so the glass might be a little rosy. But you look at Etems leg it doesn't move. You look at his shoulder and its braced towards the player. Torrin White tried getting out of the way at the last second. Its an accidental type play. I don't think it warrants a suspension.

April 7th, 2012, 3:47 am #5

doesn't matter when the penatly is called. That one and the elbow later in the game SHOULD and likely WILL be sitting one more game.

Bunz was great but at the same time cost his team a chance to win. He can't be handling the puck like that all game and expect not to turn it over. That was a horrible giveaway and likely cost them the game. Very poor decision to leave the net time after time. He was close a few times. He is a good goalie though, he knew he screwed up and I am sure he will be ready to go next game again.

Those 4 or 5 posts will start to go in. He was beat on a few occassions we just didn't hit the twine.

Not sure the Tigers handled the pounding the Warriors game them all game all over the ice.

April 7th, 2012, 5:27 am #6

did anybody see the check boy what a way to start a game
I would have loved to see them score a few more times but they had a ton of chances and the goals will come that is for sure.

Too bad that Etem hit White like that. Looks bad for both players here. White didn't return for the game and of course neither did Etem. Did he intentionally go out to hurt White? I don't think so but did he in fact cause damage?? Oh yeah. Not good either way. I fully expect a suspension from the hit. At least one more game is likely going to be handed down. The Elbow on Fioretti is likely going to get at least one game as well. Neither play is a hockey play, neither should be tolerated by the league. Stands to reason.

Anyway, I think the story of the game is the relentless pressure on the Tigers D that caused turnover after turnover and chance after chance. Doesn't matter who is in the lineup on any given night. If a team plays that physical start to finish they are going to wear you down physically and mentally.

I expect the Tigers are going to push back hard tomorrow night. They will not want to head home down 2 games to none. They will do a better job of moving the puck out of the zone as well as getting pucks and players deep in ours. I hope we can match the intensity and really pushy back and take over the series early here. Be great to finish them off quickly if we can. Not saying we will but if we can get up by 2 games I like our chances obviously.

How about Howden, Point and Henry line. A ton of chacnes tonight and lots of pressure,speed and skill. Just fun to watch for sure. Braes, Fioretti, Eberle Arnold were all fantastic as well. Edmundson, McIlrath, McFaul, Erhardt were great. Going to be great to get back Brown and Reilly if we can in this series. What a treat it would be to have our top 6 back together again.

Seimens played a strong game considering he didn't see much for rubber or chances really. That PP goal was a nice goal mouth smash. Love to see them battle hard for it. He was steady tonight and made the saves he had to. Wasn't tested a ton but did his job. Hard to stay focused when you are getting no action at all.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Hoping we can continue to punish them physically and really wear them down. You could already see it after the 2nd period. WE need to do it for another 60 minutes and we will start to really take this series over.

Go get boys. If you want it, it is there for you to take it.

April 7th, 2012, 5:48 am #7

I predict Etem does not get suspended, but Bredo does get suspended one game.

That being said I will say if Etem DOES get suspended, MJ wins game 2...if Etem DOES NOT get suspended, Tigers win Game 2.

April 7th, 2012, 6:29 am #8

no surprise on my end.

Someone should tell these mickey mouse officials that this is the playoffs, not an every day regular season jackoff fest.

Yeah! Knee on knee hits should be legal! And, whoever heard of this new "hit to the head" rule? They must have invented it just for Warriors games... It's never been called before has it?!

You don't even watch the games, do you? Just look at the boxscore and bitch when the penalties aren't 4/4 or 5/5...

Trust me... The Warriors would be just fine with playing "old time" hockey. I don't think the Tigers (or your Pats before them) want any part of that.

April 7th, 2012, 9:00 am #9

These people are professionals, and its outrageous to think a third party can ever be 'too' involved. Im sure they have logical reasons to throw around game-changing 5 minute calls like candy.

I suppose its all a non issue when you are the beneficiary of such things as often as moose jaw is.

And FYI, Ive never been an advocate for things being even for the sake of even, or anything remotely like that. I find it ironic though, considering your post history, that apparently Im the one that sees things at an ignorant face value perspective.

April 7th, 2012, 2:14 pm #10

Yeah! Knee on knee hits should be legal! And, whoever heard of this new "hit to the head" rule? They must have invented it just for Warriors games... It's never been called before has it?!

You don't even watch the games, do you? Just look at the boxscore and bitch when the penalties aren't 4/4 or 5/5...

Trust me... The Warriors would be just fine with playing "old time" hockey. I don't think the Tigers (or your Pats before them) want any part of that.

Because it's all going to come crashing down sooner or later.

I was busy last night and never got to listen or watch. I can only assume that you were at the game. But I have to wonder how much attention you've been paying to this league over the years. This series is being televised, and etem is the biggest star and biggest draw on the ice. The league does not want people all over western Canada changing the channel when they see that etem is not dressed. There's how the stars are treated and there's how everyone else is treated. How long a suspension did barker get for his knee on knee in the crushed can?

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"