Its Saskatoon

Its Saskatoon

October 12th, 2011, 10:33 pm #1

They get the bid - I think the WHL was tired of them whining about everything so they gave it to them. Look at it this way - they guaranteed a spot in the tourny as hosts - better chance!

October 13th, 2011, 1:18 am #2

They'll probably be out in the first round, or at the very latest swept in the second so they will have a huge advantage over the 3 other clubs that earned the right to play for the memorial cup. But really, we all know what happens to them when it really matters.

Unless Molleken steps down and brings in a real ringer for a head coach.

If we thought the way the toonies spazzed out over that over rated floater schenn was bad, we ain't seen nothing yet. I doubt that they've stopped wacking off since this was announced.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

October 13th, 2011, 1:22 am #3

They could sure use those draft picks now...

Enjoy selling the farm for nothing again, Loony Toons...

October 13th, 2011, 1:24 am #4

They'll probably be out in the first round, or at the very latest swept in the second so they will have a huge advantage over the 3 other clubs that earned the right to play for the memorial cup. But really, we all know what happens to them when it really matters.

Unless Molleken steps down and brings in a real ringer for a head coach.

If we thought the way the toonies spazzed out over that over rated floater schenn was bad, we ain't seen nothing yet. I doubt that they've stopped wacking off since this was announced.

-----------

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair and beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."
the World Junoir MVP who tied a World Junoir record is overrated? He was the best player avaliable. I know the Blades failed in playoffs, but they lost to the Champs and Schenn cannot win the playoffs by himself.

October 13th, 2011, 1:25 am #5

Would you have ever referred to Schenn as "nothing" while he was with the Black and Gold?

October 13th, 2011, 1:28 am #6

But lets be honest, Schenn isn't a big game player. He racks up a lot of points against weak opposition and then usually comes up flat when it matters most.

As a WK fan, I'd take one Matt Calvert over five Schenn's any day. In my opinion, Calvert is the best WK to play for the team in the past twenty years... Pure heart.

October 13th, 2011, 1:29 am #7

My guess is that the next time the blades pick in the first round will be 2021.

-----------

October 13th, 2011, 1:30 am #8

Would you have ever referred to Schenn as "nothing" while he was with the Black and Gold?
so they got nothing. Simple.

-----------

October 13th, 2011, 1:34 am #9

the World Junoir MVP who tied a World Junoir record is overrated? He was the best player avaliable. I know the Blades failed in playoffs, but they lost to the Champs and Schenn cannot win the playoffs by himself.
Saskatoon traded away a huge portion of their future and schenn did nothing for them in return. Here's where you talk up all the points he had in the regular season. And I know how wonderful you guys think the regular season is. But nobody cares about the regular season, and nobody remembers them. Toon had their best regular season ever last year. 5 years from now, since they didn't translate any of that regular season success into post season success nobody but crazies like steven and his brother will remember it.

-----------

October 13th, 2011, 1:34 am #10

But lets be honest, Schenn isn't a big game player. He racks up a lot of points against weak opposition and then usually comes up flat when it matters most.

As a WK fan, I'd take one Matt Calvert over five Schenn's any day. In my opinion, Calvert is the best WK to play for the team in the past twenty years... Pure heart.
the kid was a hell of a player. I dont know if anyone else in the world would put 1 Calvert on their team as opposed to 5 Schenns, but Calvert was a great player who left his heart on the ice. He was also however, a bit of a diver. In Saskatoon, when he was wearing a full face cage, he got high sticked and drew a penalty. Then he started checking his mouth for blood, lol. The ref looked at him and was like "wtf man?" But yeah he was a good player.

Schenn was good in the playoffs though. He sent a game to OT in the last minute against Koot. I know it panned out wrong but Lorne had the top team and aquired the top player. Seems like the right thing to do. I give credit to Mcrimmon for squeezing out everything he could from Lorne.