Hartsburg released by Flames...

Hartsburg released by Flames...

June 8th, 2012, 5:12 pm #1

free to negotiate with others.

According to sportsnet.ca

Wonder if a junior team would take another chance?

June 8th, 2012, 7:38 pm #2

I thought he would have been a better coach than he turned out to be, and saying that isn't entirely fair, either. He did have health issues that took him out for most of one year so I will forgive him for that one and I Hope his health is in good order.

However, the thing I would have trouble with, if I was considering him for a coaching position, anywhere, is the fact that he quit short of fulfilling his contract with the Tip's. That to me speaks of a lack of character. That too, may not be fair as who knows how things were behind the scenes with Doug S. I wish him well, but I wouldnt want him, again.

June 9th, 2012, 3:11 pm #3

Quit short? He moved up. Just like when a guy has a job at McDonalds and he gets a call from a job in his field that pays more and is a better job. He quits McDonalds and takes the better job. Just because you pay to watch Hartsburg do his job, doesn't mean you own his future.

June 9th, 2012, 3:58 pm #4

...I guess I miss-understood the meaning of "three year contract" and quitting two years into it.

Again, I apologize for all, or any of the facts I may have wrong, and will try to learn from this grevious mistake, moving up, or not.

The one thing I know I have correct, Randy, is that I would not want him as a coach again. I have never seen a coach, in any league, point the "finger of blame" in so many directions for his own shortcomings.

June 9th, 2012, 10:54 pm #5

During sutter's last few seasons in red deer then.

-----------

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"