Gregg Drinnan...

Gregg Drinnan...

June 9th, 2012, 3:00 pm #1

I had a little peek at Gregg's blog recently and noticed that I didn't find any mention of the Memorial Cup. No stories, opinions, or reports. And, not even a report of a final score of the championship game of the league he makes a living covering. (I may have missed it. But, if I did, it was a very small mention of it. There were a couple pieces leading up to it, but no Drinnan-esque declaration of why things went the way they did-- for us laypeople.)

Not that I'd give two cents for his opinion, but I thought this was strange.

I would have noted it on his blog, but he is one of the 0.000001% of bloggers who don't encourage other peoples views and won't allow comments.

What was wrong with the MemCup for Gregg? Not enough Europeans? No traumatic "brain injuries"? No free buffet for Gregg? There were a couple fights and he boycotted the rest of the tourney?

June 9th, 2012, 3:06 pm #2

Weirdest guy ever.

June 9th, 2012, 3:43 pm #3

I had a little peek at Gregg's blog recently and noticed that I didn't find any mention of the Memorial Cup. No stories, opinions, or reports. And, not even a report of a final score of the championship game of the league he makes a living covering. (I may have missed it. But, if I did, it was a very small mention of it. There were a couple pieces leading up to it, but no Drinnan-esque declaration of why things went the way they did-- for us laypeople.)

I would have noted it on his blog, but he is one of the 0.000001% of bloggers who don't encourage other peoples views and won't allow comments.

What was wrong with the MemCup for Gregg? Not enough Europeans? No traumatic "brain injuries"? No free buffet for Gregg? There were a couple fights and he boycotted the rest of the tourney?
If being a great journalist and blogger is about going on the internet and cutting/pasting information he's at the top of the heap. Must not pay very well though because he is always begging for money on his blog. At one time I thought he served a purpose by reporting all things WHL and I enjoyed the info but he has regressed ever since he got on the soap box about concussions and fighting in hockey. Me thinks he went back to his roots, most journalists are liberal sissy's and he just fell back into that mold. Not that there is anything wrong with being a liberal sissy of course.

June 9th, 2012, 7:19 pm #4

complete source for WHL info, isn't he?

What I'll tell you, is I'd much rather look at his stuff three-four times

a week to keep informed.

Unless of course TKP and others have a better idea.

June 9th, 2012, 7:53 pm #5

All the folks complaining about drinnans blog choose to ignore the fact he provides the most updated and current whl coverage as anybody. Who cares if it is copy and paste or he just states his opinion.

Folks complaining do not provide the same information. so to those whining get a life. Is my thoughts.

June 9th, 2012, 8:08 pm #6

Just pointing out the hypocracy that Drinnan reeks of.

(BTW... This trend of calling people "whiners" when they have a view opposite to what you have is lame. Easy way out of an arguement/discussion with an absolute minimum of intelligence expended. Name calling, with misguided arrogance.)

Anyhow...

Sure, Drinnan provides a bunch of info.

ALL of it with a spin to his opinion on every subject.

He reports with such a bias that he shouldn't be trusted with information reporting. He can publish/post commentary and opinion pieces until the cows come home as far as I'm concerned... But when less informed people trust his reporting as fair and take his opinions and judgement as FACT, it is dangerous-- both to journalism and the sport.

June 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm #7

His blog was great, but his never ending talk about concussions has driven me away. I continue to read Alan Caldwell's stuff because I feel like there is more original information and work put in rather than the copy and paste.

June 9th, 2012, 10:04 pm #8

Otherwise I'd have had no idea what the possible permutations of each outcome meant, day by day.

June 9th, 2012, 10:21 pm #9

Just pointing out the hypocracy that Drinnan reeks of.

(BTW... This trend of calling people "whiners" when they have a view opposite to what you have is lame. Easy way out of an arguement/discussion with an absolute minimum of intelligence expended. Name calling, with misguided arrogance.)

Anyhow...

Sure, Drinnan provides a bunch of info.

ALL of it with a spin to his opinion on every subject.

He reports with such a bias that he shouldn't be trusted with information reporting. He can publish/post commentary and opinion pieces until the cows come home as far as I'm concerned... But when less informed people trust his reporting as fair and take his opinions and judgement as FACT, it is dangerous-- both to journalism and the sport.
he reports many whl stories and trades etc. Yet you whine and provide nothing. Have fun in your quest to portay Drinnan negatively . What a joke... If and when you can match what he provides looking forward to reading . If Not take a HIKE.

June 9th, 2012, 10:34 pm #10

Pssssst. That's his JOB.

I don't think my role as Anonymous Internet Board Contributor requires me to "provide" anything in the way of stories, etc..

But, if you insist... "Shawinigan Wins Memorial Cup." There. I reported something that dear old Gregg didn't.

And, as far as portraying Drinnan negatively... He does a nice enough job of that himself. He doesn't need my "quest" for that to happen. Look around. Talk to people around the league. I'm not alone by a LOOOOOOONG shot.